Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness course

Options
  • 18-05-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys i recently came across this advert for a new fitness course being offered by the kingfisher club in renmore galway, and i was wondering what your opinions would be on it as regards employment opportunitys, would it be recognised in other countries, what level of qualification it is etc,

Sorry if these are stupid questions but new to this forum

here is the ad:

New to the Kingfisher Club Renmore is the
    ITEC Gym Instructor and Studio Instructor Combined Training Programme.
    This course will cater for the student who is interested in becoming both a gym instructor and studio instructor.
    This Qualification is awarded through ITEC International. This is a professional qualification and it is recognised as a gold standard award throughout the fitness industry for fitness instructors and personal trainers.
    Graduates are educated and trained to design fitness programmes, conduct fitness assessments, and teach a variety of group exercise classes, such as step aerobics, circuit training and body conditioning as well as designing weight training programmes.
    Added Bonus:
    • Guaranteed Work Placement throughout the course with provision of a reference upon completion of the course.
    • Full access to our facilities for the duration of the course which includes group exercise classes and swimming pool.
    • Three day occupational first aid course and certification included.
    • Manual handling course.
    • We also provide an optional Life Guard course available depending on demand.
    • The course is open to applicants with an interest in health and fitness.
    • No previous experience is necessary.
    The Course Content covered in this option are:
    • Anatomy and Physiology
    • Exercise to Music
    • Circuit Training
    • Step Aerobics
    • Resistance Training
    • Customer Service and Management
    • Fitness Testing
    • Program Planning
    • Fitness and Wellbeing
    • Body Conditioning
    • [FONT=Georgia, serif]
      [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

Seen it myself and was wondering the same in relation to job opportunitys after it, how long is it or how much does it cost do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Hi Galteeboy this is an email i recieved about the course the other day:

Delighted to hear from you today in relation to the Fitness Course we are running here in Galway. Listed below is more information about the Gym Instruction and Studio Fitness.

Start Date: 8th June 2012 until Dec 2012
    Days: Friday's from 6pm to10pm. Saturday's from 9am to 6pm.
    Monthly 2/3 weekends per month
    Qualification: ITEC International.
    Added Extras Free: Occupational First Aid Cert,
    Manual Handling Cert,
    Full use of facilities for the duration of the course including pool.
    Use of aerobics room to practice and perfect practical elements,
    Kingfisher Classes free for duration of course to gain experience.
    Course Co-Ordinator; Mary Connolly
    Venue: Kingfisher Club, Renmore Ave, Renmore, Galway

Modules Covered;
    Anatomy and Physiology,
    Resistance Training,
    Program Planning,
    Fitness Testing,
    Circuit Training,
    Step Training,
    Aerobic Training,
    Flexibility,
    Body Conditioning,
    Health and Well-being,

Cost: €1995 (We have an easy pay option where we have 3 payments of €665, June, July, August)

Work Placement Guaranteed; To gain experience and references work placement can be arranged to suit your times, during or after the course, in order to gain the much valued experience that is required to gain employment and knowledge of generating income within the health and fitness industry.

This is a new, exciting and dynamic course that Kingfisher are delighted to be involved in.
    If you have any more questions I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

I am meeting with people this week putting faces to names, showing the venue, and going through the application process with them. If you would like more information let me know what time and day would best suit you and I can arrange to meet with you.

Regards
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mary Connolly

[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sporty88

Hi, just wondering if this ITEC Qualification for Gym Instructor and Studio Instructor training programme is/will be at the Kingfisher Club in Waterford??

Advertisement