Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you sit anywhere you want?

• 18-05-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm repeating and last year we were assigned seats but from reading topics here it looks like some places let you sit where you want...so can you sit where you want in some/most places?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

You'll find out when you get there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Usually seats are assigned in order of numbers, as it makes it easier for the superintendent to draw the map of the room indicating where everyone sat, but I suppose in a small centre you could sit where you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

The seats are assigned by name and class order. When you go in whatever seat you are assigned you'll have for all exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭shanec1928

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I was assigned the table beside the leak last year. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you find something close to your seat is really irritating, ask to be moved.

I once taught a boy who had mild epilepsy and the shadow of a tree branch outside the window waving back and forth across his exam paper was making him feel like he was going to have an episode, so we moved him.

Within reason, you should be comfortable sitting the exam and distracted as little as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We were organised by alphabetical order for the Junior Cert so I assume the same will be done.

spurious wrote: »
    If you find something close to your seat is really irritating, ask to be moved.

I would've done so but it wasn't a problem after the first five minutes of English. They just filled the bucket catching the water with tissue so I didn't notice it after that! It did end up leaking on someone's paper though after we switched seats for another exam. They probably should've just avoided using that table altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭eor123

no, i was attendant for last years exams and i had to help the superintendant put the stickers with the exam numbers on the desks the day before the LC started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Togepi wrote: »
    I would've done so but it wasn't a problem after the first five minutes of English. They just filled the bucket catching the water with tissue so I didn't notice it after that! It did end up leaking on someone's paper though after we switched seats for another exam. They probably should've just avoided using that table altogether.
    Fixing the leak might have been a good idea too! >_>

• Advertisement

Fixing the leak might have been a good idea too! >_>

Dunno why they didn't think of that! :pac:

Ah it's part of the school now though, it's been there for at least three or four years now, wouldn't be the same without it! <3 :P

Advertisement