Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono to become richest musician in the WORLD today in Facebook IPO - €2bn!!!!

Options
  • 18-05-2012 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Today in roughly 12 hours when Facebook is floated Bono becomes master of the universe!

Thoughts, congratulations?

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ihateusernames

darkman2 wrote: »
    Today in roughly 12 hours when Facebook is floated Bono becomes master of the universe!

Wonder will we see a significant portion offset against African Debt/Famine Relief.

If he does then yes, yes he deserves to be master of the universe.............though i have my doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Any one know what he invested at the start? anyway fair play to him nice if ye can get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

patwicklow wrote: »
    Any one know what he invested at the start? anyway fair play to him nice if ye can get it.

€90m I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Will this make him Ireland's wealthiest person ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

In fairness, when speaking about "richest musicians" they should only include money made from music.

I mean, if Bill Gates releases a charity single that would technically make HIM the world's richest musician!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

This was Bono's reaction about Facebook's valuation.:P

MrStuffins wrote: »
    In fairness, when speaking about "richest musicians" they should only include money made from music.

I mean, if Bill Gates releases a charity single that would technically make HIM the world's richest musician!

Good point - Ryanair's Micheal O' Leary is regarded in some surveys as Ireland's richest sportperson because of his connections with horseracing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lapin wrote: »
    Good point - Ryanair's Micheal O' Leary is regarded in some surveys as Ireland's richest sportperson because of his connections with horseracing.

hqdefault.jpg

^^^^^^^^ :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

^^^^^^^^ :confused:

Bono is a shareholder amongst many others in that company and doesn't own it outright. For all we know his shareholding could be 5%. There's a wiki page on it but I can't link to it on my phone.

And contrary to popular myth if he takes a dividend from that company he will pay tax on it here. It's U2's royalties as a company that have moved its tax base to holland not Bono himself. Any income Bono earns tax is still paid in Ireland as he is a resident here.

Anyway I don't begrudge and I would have confidence in him doing a lot of good with any money he earns.

Maybe I like to presume the good in people too much sometimes!

• Advertisement

Bono is a shareholder amongst many others in that company and doesn't own it outright. For all we know his shareholding could be 5%. There's a wiki page on it but I can't link to it on my phone.

And contrary to popular myth if he takes a dividend from that company he will pay tax on it here. It's U2's royalties as a company that have moved its tax base to holland not Bono himself. Any income Bono earns tax is still paid in Ireland as he is a resident here.

Anyway I don't begrudge and I would have confidence in him doing a lot of good with any money he earns.

I agree with everything you said, I was just questioning the Simpsons cartoon in response to (a reasonable) point I made to someone else.

As you mention it, Bono's shareholding was actually 2.3%.

As I said in another thread, "Fair F***s to him".

I don't begrudge him at all, and I'm baffled as to where I gave the impression I did here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

I agree with everything you said, I was just questioning the Simpsons cartoon in response to (a reasonable) point I made to someone else.

As you mention it, Bono's shareholding was actually 2.3%.

As I said in another thread, "Fair F***s to him".

I don't begrudge him at all, and I'm baffled as to where I gave the impression I did here.

Apologies Lapin. I actually meant to start a fresh reply and not quote your post. Fat fingers and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ihateusernames

MrStuffins wrote: »

I do wish he would do that ................ just to piss bono off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Thats not a Simpsons cartoon :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nothing to do with Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement