Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Customer Experience Ever

• 18-05-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

So tonight I went to do a bit of reading on my kindle which I had purchased from Argos in early February, and to my displeasure there was a black spot on the screen, I immediately tried to clean it off, nothing I was not a happy camper.

I went to Amazon.com with the plan to send them off an email to see if there was anything they could do, I there noticed a live chat kindle support button so I said feck it I'll give this a go. First guy got me to power on and off my kindle, when that didn't work he connected me to kindle technician. Long story short, they are sending me out a new kindle, they didn't even ask for proof of purchase, all I have to do is send the old one back.

This is why Amazon is my favourite company and why the Irish high-street cannot begin to compare.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Have been talking to a friend about DVD price comparison between HMV and amazon. Crazy price differences. They have Babylon 5 season dvds for around 60 euros in HMV and about 7 - 10£ on amazon. A bit of difference in price for overhead is understandable, but in this example, and a load more I don't really care to go in to... Just wish they took laser, and didn't have to feck about with alternative forms of payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

If you have *cough "free" cough* books on it I would take them off if I were you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

This is why Amazon is my favourite company and why the Irish high-street cannot begin to compare.

We should make you a Jobs assassin. You've probably cost about 100 right there. Maybe you should move to Amazon.

tbh, if you bought in a shop you probably would have go the same service online from amazom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

GAAman wrote: »
    If you have *cough "free" cough* books on it I would take them off if I were you ;)

1 step ahead of you my friend;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I once bought a phone that had a red line permanently on the screen.

5 minutes later they gave me another one, none of this sending back malarky

• Advertisement

We should make you a Jobs assassin. You've probably cost about 100 right there. Maybe you should move to Amazon.

tbh, if you bought in a shop you probably would have go the same service online from amazom.

Bought it in Argos but all customer service for Kindles goes through Amazon.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I had a 3 year old Powerbook and the battery stopped holding a charge so took it up to the Apple shop in belfast, guy at the counter says they no longer make batteries for that model so he replaces the laptop with a brand new macbook pro. Saved me near 2 grand.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I had a 3 year old Powerbook and the battery stopped holding a charge so took it up to the Apple shop in belfast, guy at the counter says they no longer make batteries for that model so he replaces the laptop with a brand new macbook pro. Saved me near 2 grand.

Only thing better than new electronics, is free new electronics, new computer smell beats new car smell any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Only thing better than new electronics, is free new electronics, new computer smell beats new car smell any day.

Whatever kind of unhealthy solvent them Chinese slaves be using to seal the battery compartment of macbooks tis mighty stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eth0 wrote: »
    Whatever kind of unhealthy solvent them Chinese slaves be using to seal the battery compartment of macbooks tis mighty stuff

It's made from dead babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Yeah? Try bringing items back to Curry's,Pc world etc and come back and post you experience here.

I "try out" any new toy I want on these places and then buy it on amazon and to be honest even if it were more expensive there (which it never is) I would still buy it for their amazing customer service and guarantees.

Read all the complaint threads in Curry's forum or consumer issues and then make a call.I know where I will be buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

WOW, that's above and beyond IMO, they could have just tried to source the battery from some other apple shop... Nice one though!

(I have to state for the record though, I hate apple products, especially i-mother effing tunes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Went for a full body meassage, got a happy ending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A friend had her kindel squashed in a rta, amazon replaced it. we were thinking could it have anything to do with the fact she has bought her books but that she cant access them as she had no kindel? That or its in their interest to keep kindel customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Eh what now? I have same issue with my MB Pro. I called them but they wont replace the battery or laptop!!

What magic did you use with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

frag420 wrote: »
    Eh what now? I have same issue with my MB Pro. I called them but they wont replace the battery or laptop!!

It was a Powerbook g4. They stopped making it and replacement parts and moved on to the macbook line so gave me a shiny new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

frag420 wrote: »

It was a Powerbook g4. They stopped making it and replacement parts and moved on to the macbook line so gave me a shiny new one.

Did you pay for applecare?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Do amazon.com ship kindles to Ireland now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

those kindles cost feck all to mass produce... amazon make their money out of the ebooks they sell. its a practice used by printer manufacturers too... cheap printer... expensive ink

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

They do ship kindle to Ireland. They had a lot of problems with cracked screens and replace without too many questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

I visited a hooker in Ballyjamesduff a few years back. Not only did she facilitate oral without, she gave me a reach around on the house to the tune of "There's a moose, loose around this hoos" playing on RTE Radio 1. Top brass. And top top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

So tonight I went to do a bit of reading on my kindle which I had purchased from Argos in early February, and to my displeasure there was a black spot on the screen, I immediately tried to clean it off, nothing I was not a happy camper.

I went to Amazon.com with the plan to send them off an email to see if there was anything they could do, I there noticed a live chat kindle support button so I said feck it I'll give this a go. First guy got me to power on and off my kindle, when that didn't work he connected me to kindle technician. Long story short, they are sending me out a new kindle, they didn't even ask for proof of purchase, all I have to do is send the old one back.

I agree, happened to me a few weeks ago over a weekend. Rang them on a Monday, they emailed the UPS label to me immediately. I dropped it up to them in Finglas. Had the replacement kindle by Thursday (missed delivery on the Wed).

The one lesson learned - GET A COVER FOR IT. Brilliant device but a little bit fragile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

They advised you to turn it off and on again? :)

Amazon call centre - Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Yeah? Try bringing items back to Curry's,Pc world etc and come back and post you experience here.

Currys are the worst, sister got a camera that didnt work and the amount of abuse she got trying to get it exchanged from some tosser working there. Eventually the manager came out and told him to apologise and he walked off continusing to shout abuse, in need of a good kicking, glad I wasnt there cos I probably woulda done it XD

Love Amazon myself, always have great service. A friend got a Razer Naga that broke and they sent him a new one, all he had to do was send his back, no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Arrived in Bondi beach and went for lunch on my own. My waitress was a very friendly Scottish girl who agreed to met me after her shift, within hours my penis was in her mouth. That is service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Arrived in Bondi beach and went for lunch on my own. My waitress was a very friendly Scottish girl who agreed to met me after her shift, within hours my penis was in her mouth. That is service.

did she put her penis in your mouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

They told me to throw mine in the bin and sent me a new one because the WiFi didnt work properly. They must be able to make them for peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I bought a pair of Converse on amazon that had a small tear near where laces are, nothing major but sent em an email saying I could send them back if they replaced them, thry refunded me in full and said just keep them, free cons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Ordered a Sega mega drive from retrogames.co.uk
    Had problems with the sound and picture of one of the games I got with it, asked them if there was a possibility of a refund / exchange. Your man spent the bones of 1 hour helping me troubleshoot the game.
    Turns out I needed a different cable as the TV was having probs with an RF lead.

So ya, retrogames.co.uk FTW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Long story short, they are sending me out a new kindle, they didn't even ask for proof of purchase, all I have to do is send the old one back.

My girlfriend dropped her Kindle, Amazon promptly sent here out a new one for free. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I went into Carphone warehouse the other month looking at phones with the intention of buying the HTC One X.

Myself and 2 of the staff were talking away about it until I decided I'd go for it but I didn't have a bank statement with me to get it on Bill pay. So they held it for me as it was the last one in store and when I came back later that day they had the phone already charged up for me!

Was delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I recall a good number of years ago, on my way back to the car park, needing to get change for the meter. All I had was a tenner, so I went in and bought a kitkat. The kitkat cost 30p (it was a good few years ago).The girl behind the counter apologised as she gave me my change, saying that she had no fivers.

I counted the pound coins and discovered she had only given me eight pound coins in my change - £8.70 in total.

I queried this - "Excuse me - I gave you a tenner - there are only eight pound coins here."

"I'm very sorry," was her reply, and she handed me another two pound coins. I thought that was excellent customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dudess wrote: »
    They advised you to turn it off and on again? :)

Amazon call centre - Cork.

I don't know what's worse, ringing through to bangalore or cork? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

snubbleste wrote: »
    Do amazon.com ship kindles to Ireland now?

They do ship to Ireland, but it's cheaper to buy it in Argos (for the Kindle Touch anyway). You get the same service and support as if you'd bought it directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Went into a large retail outlet to buy a new laptop a few months ago, assistant came over to ask me if I found what I wanted- showed him what I'd picked out and he asks me if I need it today because if I don't I can buy it 10% cheaper online off a competitor of theirs and then proceeds to tell me that he buys everything online because it's usually cheaper. I asked him what would happen if everyone bought online instead of buying retail and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off.

Saved me 10% on my laptop, great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

Although it must be 25 years ago I remember it like it was yesterday. Bought an ice-cream cone in Howth, had to run across the road and the cone snapped. Went back to the shop with the stump of the cone with a tear in my eye and the wonderful lady gave me another ice-cream.

mr kr0nik wrote: »

I agree, happened to me a few weeks ago over a weekend. Rang them on a Monday, they emailed the UPS label to me immediately. I dropped it up to them in Finglas. Had the replacement kindle by Thursday (missed delivery on the Wed).

The one lesson learned - GET A COVER FOR IT. Brilliant device but a little bit fragile...

Just with regards to ups, there is no centre near me, if I ring them will they come and collect it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

A bit of an outdated example but when i was younger my mother made me pay for a stereo in installments directly to the shop! (even though i had saved all the money required, just about) it still wasnt my dream stereo, it was a model or two below. Anyways by the time we were finished fcuking about with installments, the stereo had been sold so they just gave me the better one. I take that as a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Used to work in customer service for a well known TV BB and TELEPHONE company dealing with people from all over Ireland and I only need to say one thing.

If you are nice on the phone I will do whatever I can for you and if you are a dick to me I will do the bare minimum, but it always bugged me when the dicks demanded a supervisor who would then give them a priority appointment.

so the lesson is...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mesa/boogie who make high end amplifiers sent me out a load of new parts for a oldish second hand pre-amp i bought few years ago. It got damaged in the van and i emailed them with a picture explaining what got damaged, what parts i need and how much. Couple of days later theirs a package in the porch with the new parts and some stickers. All free, was very impressed with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement