Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you dig out the classics from time to time?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Xbox games only of course ;)

Awhile ago I watched the starship troopers animation on crackle and it took me back to Halo, which brought me on to the rest of the Halo games. Have been going back to Left for Dead and the trailers for Hitman Absolution brought me back to playing Blood Money.

You have to laugh at the older games, in Hitman you disguise yourself and in one mission you can dress as a clown. The FBI guys you are trying to slip past run a metal detector over you and tell you that you can't take weapons into the house, take two handguns and a tactical mp5 machine gun off you, and then wave you in. No danger to the guy we are protecting with a huge price on his head from the gun toting clown at all! :pac:

Also playing Mercenaries World in Flames recently, it's like Grand Theft Auto except with better weapons, air vehicles and you are a mercenary :D

How bout you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Haven't played any of my XBox games for a while. I think the last one was Outrun 2 (around the same time it was released for XBLA). I haven't got time to play my new games, never mind revisiting old ones:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Same as vyse, its hard to get time to play the oldies nowadays, or new games, the odd time I have stuck on Ninja Gaiden 1 and Shenmue 2 for the nostalgia, but they look horrible on a fancy lcd tv.....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Fieldog wrote: »
    Same as vyse, its hard to get time to play the oldies nowadays, or new games, the odd time I have stuck on Ninja Gaiden 1 and Shenmue 2 for the nostalgia, but they look horrible on a fancy lcd tv.....

:p

Ooooh look at me and my new tv!! Hope it does a dance on your head :D:p

Ah I found through final year at uni instead of getting stuck into new games I would fire on the "old reliables" for a little while, have Fallout 3, Dead Space 2 and Rock Band AC/DC sitting unplayed as yet because I knew if I got sucked in the course work would suffer for it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Mercs World in Flames is great fun, play co-op with a friend and fly him up realy high in the sky wit a chopper, with him on a jetski and let the winch go, you go bounce over entire islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I love going back to old games. I have gone back to Hitman, L4D (much better than the second IMO), Dead Rising 1, Dead Space 1, Fallout 3, Oblivion, The Orange Box, Bioshock, PGR 4, Gears of War 1.

Months of classic gaming right there and they are only from the past 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Me and lads dusted off GTA 4 the other day, great crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Are original xbox games "oldies" now? ****...I'm old. :D

Advertisement