Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Meteor take out more than the agreed DD amount if you go over?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I bought an iPhone last month and signed up for a monthly plan of 45 euro a month for 2 years,for this I get 5gb of internet, 200 texts and 200 mins talk time. I was wondering if I go over my allowance can meteor take out the extra amount required to cover the bill or do I pay the extra seperately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Yes, A standing order is a fixed amount, Direct Debit is variable, you agree to them taking the amount you owe them each month. At least thats my understanding of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes, they are entitled to bill you for your usage using direct debit, its all in the terms & conditions you agreed to when you signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not sure if meteor do it but 3 can put a cap on you bill so you can go over but not by a huge amount, meteor will let you go €10000+ . The banks wouldn't give you that kind of credit limit.
    Think of your phone as a credit card with a minimum spend of €40pm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes - if you use the service and exceed your set limit, then Meteor can invoice you for the full amount. Then they can direct debit you for that amount. But you should receive the bill in advance of the direct debit so you will be forewarned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

However
    You are entitled to request a refund of any variable direct debit which exceeded the amount which you could reasonably have expected, subject to you so requesting your Bank within a period of 8 weeks from the date of debiting such direct debit to your account

• Advertisement
Advertisement