Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another Geography thread

• 18-05-2012 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just some quick questions-

1. Do you need to draw the maps for regional on graph paper? Our teacher always says to use graph paper even if they don't ask for it. Is it necessary for the regional ones though since they're not being drawn to scale?

2. Is anyone doing the "Western region" for Ireland(periphery) instead of the "BMW"?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I've never used graph paper for those and I'm pretty sure you dont have to. :)

Is there any difference? I didnt even realize until I wrote BMW for short and my teacher told me we'd studied 'the west'. o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

There's no difference between the BMW and the West but the BMW is sort of outdated now and it's better to refer to it as the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Michael007

There is a difference between the BMW and The West, the BMW stands for the boarder, the midland and the west. If you study the BMW you are studying all of those counties including Donegall, etc. The West only covers Galway, Mayo and Roscommon. Hope that helped. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Just some quick questions-

1. Do you need to draw the maps for regional on graph paper? Our teacher always says to use graph paper even if they don't ask for it. Is it necessary for the regional ones though since they're not being drawn to scale?

2. Is anyone doing the "Western region" for Ireland(periphery) instead of the "BMW"?

:)

I think using graph paper makes it easier for the examiner, drawing a regional map inside your answer booklet would look sloppy - But that's how I feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BellaVerita

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I've never used graph paper for those and I'm pretty sure you dont have to. :)

Is there any difference? I didnt even realize until I wrote BMW for short and my teacher told me we'd studied 'the west'. o_O

Yeah I was unsure too because our teacher taught the Western Region but we had a sub last year who taught the BMW. Thanks, I'm going to keep using the regular paper for the maps so. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement