Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a dog

• 18-05-2012 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Id love to get a dog I grew up with them sheepdogs mainly
    But I work during the day but my boyfriend sometimes goes home during the day
    Just wondering what does people do with there dogs during the day
    I just a small dog like the king charles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If you give them a good walk in the morning it should keep him tired out for the day. Leave him in a dog proof room where theres nothing to destroy. If your boyfriend comes home during the day thats great, he could let the dog out to the garden for a pee and throw a ball around, and the dog should sleep happily for the rest of the day. If he doesnt come home every day is there a neighbour or family member you would trust to let the dog out for a half hour? Leave him with a Kong toy stuffed with food to keep him occupied when you arent there, or you could get a dog walker in or put him in daycare for a few days a week just to break it up for him. Id advise you to maybe look at an older dog as puppies dont cope great with being left alone and they need to toilet more often. A lot of rescues would have young enough dogs who were surrendered so you could look at some of them in your locality. Where are you from? People here would be more than happy to pm you names of rescues near you, and they often have pedigree dogs too! Best of luck, king charles are a wonderfull breed. Any ive known are complete sweet hearts! Just if you do look for a breeder make sure you do your research and find a reputable breeder and dont just settle for a cheap one you find online, there is a thread on puppy farm awareness at the top of the page. Id advise you to give that a read as they are a v popular breed with puppy farmers, and make sure you get insurance as they are inundated with health problems. Dont let that put you off though, once you source one from a good breeder who does health checks and doesnt breed from dogs with HCM and syringiomyelia (sp?) you should be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

If you give them a good walk in the morning it should keep him tired out for the day. Leave him in a dog proof room where theres nothing to destroy. If your boyfriend comes home during the day thats great, he could let the dog out to the garden for a pee and throw a ball around, and the dog should sleep happily for the rest of the day. If he doesnt come home every day is there a neighbour or family member you would trust to let the dog out for a half hour? Leave him with a Kong toy stuffed with food to keep him occupied when you arent there, or you could get a dog walker in or put him in daycare for a few days a week just to break it up for him. Id advise you to maybe look at an older dog as puppies dont cope great with being left alone and they need to toilet more often. A lot of rescues would have young enough dogs who were surrendered so you could look at some of them in your locality. Where are you from? People here would be more than happy to pm you names of rescues near you, and they often have pedigree dogs too! Best of luck, king charles are a wonderfull breed. Any ive known are complete sweet hearts! Just if you do look for a breeder make sure you do your research and find a reputable breeder and dont just settle for a cheap one you find online, there is a thread on puppy farm awareness at the top of the page. Id advise you to give that a read as they are a v popular breed with puppy farmers, and make sure you get insurance as they are inundated with health problems. Dont let that put you off though, once you source one from a good breeder who does health checks and doesnt breed from dogs with HCM and syringiomyelia (sp?) you should be fine :)
    Many thanks for the reply I live in bray just moved there just in process getting to know neighbours I know about dogs trust I'd be looking for any small dog maybe 2 to keep each other company
    Might leave it for awhile to get to the area and neighbours who could help out

Advertisement