Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone tried Real Techniques brushes?

• 18-05-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

So, I'm a bit late to the party but am wondering if anyone tried the Real Techniques range of brushes, by Samantha Chapman (one half of youtubes Pixiwoo). Have seen a few reviews online and they are overall good, but still mixed between "amazing" and "meh".

They are a good price, and there are a few that have caught my eye, but don't want to end up with (yet more) brushes I don't use.

http://realtechniques.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I love love LOVE them! I have the face kit and the powder brush. The buffing brush is a-maz-ing. I have to say get them. They're really good quality and not expensive

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got the big face powder brush and it's really lovely. Soft and dense so you get good movement out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Yeah, I got the shading brush in Boots. I love it, it's become a staple that I use almost everyday. It's soft yet firm enough to give good blending power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I didn't know they had them in Boots, which one did you get it in? I might go in an look at them!

I didn't know they had them in Boots, which one did you get it in? I might go in an look at them!

I got it in Boots on Grafton St, which doesn't stock a lot of stuff in general...it's pretty small. I'd imagine the bigger Boots stores stock them all :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I also saw them in Boots in St. Stephens Green.

I use my set every day. I really enjoy them, they're very soft and lightweight. Between those, and my couple of EcoTools and a few MACs, I feel set on makeup brushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Took the plunge and bought 1 brush (scardy cat! :rolleyes:) - the stippling brush. They had loads of them in Boots (I was surprised, clearly have been walking around with binkers!). I used it for foundation - really like it, blends very well, soft, no shedding or dye bleeding at all (even when I first washed it :eek:) and an all round good brush.

The only thing that got me a bit was the price, I had been looking online and they are only $8 per brush on their .com website but I paid a whopping €16.50 for it in Boots, the kits are about €30 while on the website they are $18?!?! Massive price difference, I also noticed that the website only ships to the US too so not really very fair at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I adore the buffing brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

The only thing that got me a bit was the price, I had been looking online and they are only $8 per brush on their .com website but I paid a whopping €16.50 for it in Boots, the kits are about €30 while on the website they are $18?!?! Massive price difference, I also noticed that the website only ships to the US too so not really very fair at all.

I bought mine in the US, and when I was in Dublin in March and I saw them in Boots, my jaw dropped! The price they charge you guys is outrageous!! I don't understand at all why there is such a price hike.

Took the plunge and bought 1 brush (scardy cat! :rolleyes:) - the stippling brush. They had loads of them in Boots (I was surprised, clearly have been walking around with binkers!). I used it for foundation - really like it, blends very well, soft, no shedding or dye bleeding at all (even when I first washed it :eek:) and an all round good brush.

Yeah, that's the reason I only bought one! Cloud10 do them too, and they're a bit cheaper than Boots AFAIK (although I've never bought from them, I don't know what the story is with shipping etc). It's just another example of rip off Ireland sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I have the foundation stippling brush and I think it's fantastic. I have really visible pores on my skin and it really gives me an air brush finish. very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Has anyone used the stippling brush and the buffing brush? Just wondering how so they compare? Looking to get a foundation brush but not sure which one is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Has anyone used the stippling brush and the buffing brush? Just wondering how so they compare? Looking to get a foundation brush but not sure which one is the best.

I use both... I use the stippling to apply the foundation then the buffing one to buff it in/smooth it out. Both are great, I stopped using my mac stippling one in favour for the real techniques one because I prefer the smaller brush size/control it gives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I use both... I use the stippling to apply the foundation then the buffing one to buff it in/smooth it out. Both are great, I stopped using my mac stippling one in favour for the real techniques one because I prefer the smaller brush size/control it gives.

Thanks honerbright. If you had to pick one do a job all in one, which one would you chose? I don't wear foundation every day, so buying the two would be a waste for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Thanks honerbright. If you had to pick one do a job all in one, which one would you chose? I don't wear foundation every day, so buying the two would be a waste for me.

It depends on the type of foundation you use... I don't think the buffing one would work alone for liquid foundation, I think it would really clog up in the brush and would defeat the purpose of the buffing part because it wouldnt be so lovely and soft (I hope that made sense).
    I'd recommend the stipping brush if you'd only be getting one. However, if you were buying the buffing one as part of the set, theres a lovely flat foundation brush in there that the buffing one works well with to smooth that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Viva Adonis did a post on them recently, haven't used them myself but might make a purchase next month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Still tempted by these but think my Sigma are too good couldn't justify them and seem very similar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

also love the stippling brush will defo buy more when i have some money to spare!

Advertisement