Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfairly dismissed from soccer forum

Options
  • 18-05-2012 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

I got banned from the soccer forum by PHB for apparently accruing 6 points
    I've checked my infraction history and it says i only have one point in infractions
    Also, the reason in the pm for getting banned was me answering a poster with the word "no"
    I've messaged PHB to ask why and he wont answer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Firstly.

The process is to wait for a reply from the mod before starting a DRP but seeing as you are already here

Since the start of April 2012 i see 2 Infractions and 3 warnings in Soccer and a 2 week ban. That's a lot of activity in 2 Months and cause for a ban in my opinion as you don't seem to be learning anything from the warnings and infractions.

Thats just in soccer. Over the past year there are numerous infractions and warnings picked up across multiple forums .

My advice would be to keep a clean slate for 6 months and come back here again and maybe we might consider looking at the perma ban again but for now it remains in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I sent a pm earlier in the week, the mod has been online since, he refuses to reply
    The rules is 6 points and a ban, i have not received 6 points worth of infractions
    The mod has banned me for personal reasons following a thread about his unfair modding in the forum

I have PM'ed the mod in question. Please bear with me.

OK so ive spoken to the mod in question and he has directed me to the soccer forum charter. Most importantly the bit on infractions and bans.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73160806&postcount=6
    Policies on Bans and Infractions
    1. Minor offence (See list) will result in a yellow card infraction and may incur a ban. Repeat offences may result in a red card infraction and/or a ban of increasing length.

2. Major Offence (see list) will result in a red card infraction. A red card infraction will count as two yellow cards for the purpose of point 3 below.

3. Those receiving a total of six yellow card infractions will be banned from the forum for the entire season (running Aug-July) or 6 months, which ever is longer.

4. Any user receiving a single red card infraction within 6 months of unbanning from a season long ban, will be banned for the entire season (running August - July) or 6 months, which ever is longer, or, at the moderators discretion may be permanently removed from the forum.

5. In extreme cases, the moderators may deem offences to exceed the scope of the an/infraction system. In these events, the moderates reserve the right to issue a permanent or season long ban to any user.

6. Should an infraction be removed or overturned, it will not count towards the banning procedure.

7. Ban lengths for yellow card infractions are at the discretion of the moderator. Even where no ban occurs, the yellow card still counts.

8. Ban lengths for red card infractions are a minimum of 2 weeks at the discretion of the moderator.

10. In the case of abuse, should the abuse be a result of provocation, no matter how mild, the initiator will receive a yellow card infraction. Should the initiator be deemed to have purposefully provoked a user in order to report them, the mod may issue a red card infraction (ie. we will examine abuse and if the abuse was provoked, both parties will be sanctioned).

Minor Offences (including but not limited to):
    Abuse of players.
    Threadspoiling
    Flamebaiting in threads.
    Debating moderation in threads.
    Mild flaming or trolling.
    Provocation.
    Derailing or off topic posting in super threads.
    Accusing a member of trolling/being a troll
    Misuse of the Reported Post system
    Back-seat moderation
    Abusing through the thanks system (thanking abusive posts)

Major Offences (including but not limited to):
    Blatant or deliberate breach of charter.
    Misuse of tagging system
    Abuse of users.
    Flaming
    Trolling
    Breaking a boards.ie rule

The points which apply here are in bold. 6 total yellows and a 6 month or rest of season ban. In this case you have picked up 3 Yellows (3 points ) and 2 reds ( 4 points as reds count as double) giving you a total of 7 points which is why you were banned.

So i'm afraid in this case the ban is totally valid and stands as you would have been aware of this rule when you read the form charter when first accessing the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement