Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Greystones and surrounding areas.

Options
  • 18-05-2012 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I was wondering if any body could recommend good places to fish in and around Greystones? Sea or river angling info would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

There was a few pollock caught off the pier head last night, seems to be a popular spot to fish from

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

I haven't fished the new pier yet, but the old one was always a great evening's sport. I've caught mackerel, flat fish and two doggies once. I also caught a seal who was trying to steal my catch one as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

same as this post .a friend in the fishing magazine business was only telling me recently to get into fishing and suggested rag and newcastle/kilcoole beach..wheres me rod?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

The Dargle river above Enniskerry Rd(N11) is beautiful. There are pools in the gorge that are just idyllic. Salmon and Sea trout are the prospect. I used to get brown trout on the fly but only very small. Never got a salmon but saw a good few especially after a spate. I was a member back then but my membership has lapsed. i'm not sure if it's open this year. the Vartry is meant to be good too around Ashford. Same species.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm definitely not a fisherman, but I've seen lots of brown trout basking in the shadier areas of the Vartry in the grounds of Mount Usher Gardens, so I'd imagine the rest of the lower reaches of the Vartry would be good for them too.

Advertisement