Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop UPC mobile messages

Options
  • 18-05-2012 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

Hi,

since yesterday evening I am receiving multiple messages (always the same content) from a number claiming to be UPC. It is continuing today and extremely annoying.

I am out of the country at the moment but my wife told me that there was a tv outage in our region yesterday so I presume the messages are genuine, only I want them to stop now as they keep coming in at odd hours.

The number displayed is (0833010102

It actually starts with the open (

The message reads:
    UPC crews have identified and are repairing a general fault in your area. We will not need to call to your house.

Any idea how to stop it? I can't call them from where I am at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Preusse wrote: »
    Hi,

since yesterday evening I am receiving multiple messages (always the same content) from a number claiming to be UPC. It is continuing today and extremely annoying.

I am out of the country at the moment but my wife told me that there was a tv outage in our region yesterday so I presume the messages are genuine, only I want them to stop now as they keep coming in at odd hours.

The number displayed is (0833010102

It actually starts with the open (

The message reads:

Any idea how to stop it? I can't call them from where I am at the moment.

You can contact them online by submitting a form on their website http://support.upc.ie/app/contact if you wife is named as a contact she can call them and ask them about stopping the txt's

Advertisement