Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White/Blue Belt BJJ Mini repechage tournament

• 18-05-2012 9:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

You might remember we ran a small white belt tournament last year in our gym. We had a good few at it and I think it went off well.

Anyhoo we were thinking of running it again in mid July, but we were wondering if people would be interested in expanding it to blue belts?

The idea would be to have the blues in at 10am, then the whites at about 12pm, and as always it would be a small affair with a nominal entrance fee.

For those of you not familiar with repechage, it's a method of competition where everyone gets a second opportunity to compete if you are eliminated in the first round. Similar to the way the hurling and football championships are run.

The idea of the tournament is to have a competitive roll that is a little more friendly and relaxed than usual. What do we think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Class Idea Barry! Purple absolute maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭samk1

Great idea Barry , really enjoyed the last 1 and will be at this 1 and would encourage as many white belts too come and compete.

IMO there should be more smaller events like these taking place to prep you for the bigger events ( the open,bjj cup,grapplepalooza)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'm in if it's in Cork :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

da-bres wrote: »
    Class Idea Barry! Purple absolute maybe???

Ha ha I think we might leave that for the big ones! There's few enough as it is at the big shows I doubt we'd get many out to my gym :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tom BJJ

Good idea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fisher8181

Niall0 wrote: »
    Good idea

why? whats the point of excluding purple and brown belts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

fisher8181 wrote: »
    why? whats the point of excluding purple and brown belts?

Most of the tournaments are just white and blue belts anyway, very few brown belts compete and only a smattering of purple belts usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Just wanted to check if there was a date set for this yet?

Advertisement