Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free extras....mmm or wtf?

• 18-05-2012 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

http://www.thejournal.ie/teenager-finds-part-of-employees-finger-in-roast-beef-sandwich-454968-May2012/
    A TEENAGER FINISHING a roast beef sandwich at a fast-food chain chomped down on something tough that tasted like rubber, so he spat it out.
    Turns out it tasted like finger. The fleshy, severed pad of an unfortunate employee’s finger, apparently.
    Michigan boy Ryan Hart, 14, told the Jackson Citizen Patriot this week that once he got a good look at it, he knew right away what had been in the junior roast beef sandwich he was eating last Friday.
    “I was like, ‘That (has) to be a finger,’” Hart said. “I was about to puke. It was just nasty.”
    The employee at Arby’s apparently cut her finger on a meat slicer and left her station without immediately telling anyone, said Steve Hall, the environmental health director for the Jackson County health department. Her co-workers continued filling orders until they found out what had happened, he said.
    John Gray, a spokesman for Atlanta-based Arby’s, released a statement apologising for what he described as an isolated and “unfortunate incident.”
    Ryan’s mother, Jamie Vail, was incredulous. She and her friend, Joe Wheaton, had taken Ryan and his 11-year-old brother to the Arby’s drive-thru and she said she thought her son was joking when he exclaimed he had found a piece of a finger in his sandwich.
    “Somebody loses a finger, and you keep sending food out the window? I can’t believe that,” said Vail. She and Wheaton said the severed section was about an eighth to a quarter-inch thick and at least one inch long.
    Vail said she called 911 and met police at a local hospital, where her son’s blood was drawn and he was prescribed some medication. Ryan said he is feeling fine.
    There have been a number of incidents in the US in recent years in which a restaurant worker’s accidentally severed flesh found its way into someone’s food.
    In 2006, a diner at a TGI Friday’s in Indiana found part of a kitchen worker’s finger on his hamburger. The year before that, a North Carolina man bit into what he thought was candy in his frozen yogurt only to find it, too, belonged to a worker who had had an accident with a food-processing machine.

Last night I opened a new bag of coal and sitting on top of the coal was a little blue funnel type yoke. I have no idea what it was being used for :confused:

Have you gotten more than you bargained for unexpectedly? Or found anything where it shouldn't have been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i once got seven chicken nuggets in a six nugget meal.

best day of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I once got a bought a snack box outta macaris and was given another one for free, i ate the both of them too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Why did I think this thread was going to be about something completely different :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Like a concealed weapon/willy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i once bought a 6 pack of eggs..... two of them had dead chicken feotus's in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Remember when you'd buy a packet of crisps and find 1 or 2 crisps inside it from a completely different packet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It seems that someone was taking the term 'finger food' a bit too literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ah the usual fly stuck to the inside of a crisps packet, a renegade hair and a cooked slug in a chip, the odd apple as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The last three times I've gotten a 5-pack of rashers, there've been six in the pack!
    Woo!

• Advertisement

i once bought a 6 pack of eggs..... two of them had dead chicken feotus's in them

Only two? I hope you returned them.

I got an extra foil wrapper on a club milk once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I guess you could say that sandwich

*sticks on sunglasses*
    was finger-licking good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

FatherLen wrote: »
    i once got seven chicken nuggets in a six nugget meal.

best day of my life.

Cool story Father

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

thanks? 0_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Last night I opened a new bag of coal and sitting on top of the coal was a little blue funnel type yoke. I have no idea what it was being used for :confused:

Thats a coal funnel....duh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I got a dead wasp stuck in a refresher bar before. and a piece of gravel in mcCain Spicy Wedges.
    other than that no :P

emzolita wrote: »
    I got a dead wasp stuck in a refresher bar before.

Oh you just reminded me of a time I bought a dairy milk (one of the baby ones) and there was a dead fly squished in it. Nyom. So I went into the shop and they swapped it for me and then I went back to the cafe where my mam was and she went mad and went back to the shop and demanded the dodgy one back. Then my Dad sent off an letter saying how I would be put off chocolate for life and it was near Easter. So a rep came out to the house and brought a letter of apology to me and to my friend (who was with me at the time) and a huge hamper of chocolate each! It was AWESOME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oh you just reminded me of a time I bought a dairy milk (one of the baby ones) and there was a dead fly squished in it. Nyom. So I went into the shop and they swapped it for me and then I went back to the cafe where my mam was and she went mad and went back to the shop and demanded the dodgy one back. Then my Dad sent off an letter saying how I would be put off chocolate for life and it was near Easter. So a rep came out to the house and brought a letter of apology to me and to my friend (who was with me at the time) and a huge hamper of chocolate each! It was AWESOME!

Remember a neighbour of mine found a few hairs in her club milk and they did the same, wrote off a letter and received 3 big boxes of club milks!

Did you have to keep the dead fly infested dairy milk or did the rep just take your word for it?

Good timing too btw :D

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you have to keep the dead fly infested dairy milk or did the rep just take your word for it?

Had to keep it wrapped up in the freezer!! ya know, incase it came back to life or something!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Had to keep it wrapped up in the freezer!! ya know, incase it came back to life or something!!

You were tempted to revive it tho weren't you, bet you had to hold back from giving it CPR :p

The only free extras I like is if you buy a packet of something like ham and it says 6 slices but you end up getting 7 and you think, "Get in, 1-0, in your face recession!!!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,277 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That horrible burned crisps you sometimes find in a packet of Tayto - and don't notice until you've eaten it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I once bought a hooker and got aids :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

The employee at Arby’s apparently cut her finger on a meat slicer and left her station without immediately telling anyone, said Steve Hall

Ridiculous, you just can't get good employees anymore. She should have stayed at her station and pressed a bell then waited for her superior managers to come and deal with the situation. What if she ran to her superiors and they were busy doing important manager stuff? Or did she just leave the premises without permission? Honestly like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I can't believe you don't know how to use your coal funnel! Next you'll be asking us how to use the 3 seashells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Could have given them to this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

found a big lump of the powder used to flavour Monster Munch in the end of a bag a few years ago and scoffed it

my god the heartburn

I remember the joy as a kid when you'd open a packet of cereal and find two toys instead of one :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

**Vai** wrote: »
    Thats a coal funnel....duh!!!
    I can't believe you don't know how to use your coal funnel! Next you'll be asking us how to use the 3 seashells!

Wtf is a coal funnel? :confused:

And sea shells??? I feel like I'm stuck in a parallel universe :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I once got a 4 finger kit-kat and the fingers were solid chocolate! It has never happened since and i have been disappointed on opening every single kit-kat since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Only two? I hope you returned them.

I got an extra foil wrapper on a club milk once.

Ever get a Club Milk or a Kit-Kat where the machine has failed to feed the biscuit and you end up with a solid chocolate one?

\o/

Edit: Aah CJC...those were the days my friend!

Wtf is a coal funnel? :confused:

And sea shells??? I feel like I'm stuck in a parallel universe :o

The coal funnel you'll just have to work out for yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

The coal funnel you'll just have to work out for yourself :)

Interesting, but I still don't know how to use the three sea shells :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Ever get a Club Milk or a Kit-Kat where the machine has failed to feed the biscuit and you end up with a solid chocolate one?

\o/
    CJC999 wrote: »
    I once got a 4 finger kit-kat and the fingers were solid chocolate! It has never happened since and i have been disappointed on opening every single kit-kat since.

This has often happened me. My own personal favourite is the four-finger Kit-Kat with two regular fingers and two solid chocolate ones.. Oh Joy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Found a moth inside a sausage roll once.........moth and sausage roll ended up covered in puke :(

FanadMan wrote: »
    Found a moth inside a sausage roll once.........moth and sausage roll ended up covered in puke :(

did you eat the puke? i've see dogs and cats do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Could be worse, could have been half of a moth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

kfallon wrote: »
    Remember a neighbour of mine found a few hairs in her club milk and they did the same, wrote off a letter and received 3 big boxes of club milks!

Unfortunately gone are the days where they send out boxes of sweets to replace the one you sent back. It's all vouchers nowadays and rarely goes over the €10 mark per my experience with a salty mouldy looking box of Maltesers.... mmmmmm, Maltesers.....

I do remember in a certain chipper in Sligo (which shall remain nameless but closed down now anyway) where an inebriated punter handed back a Chicken Burger one night stating that he didn't want mayonaisse in it. Girl who served it to him said there wasn't any on it but when she looked at it she went green, dropped everything and ran off. Punter was handed fresh burger by another staff member and went off happy. While I was waiting for my chips to be cooked I could see three of them (including the Manager) huddled around whispering. The game was up when a fourth staff member poked their head in, whisper, whisper, whisper... then loudly "An abcess????"...... "Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!".

Got free chips that night in exchange for my silence. Easily bought me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

did you eat the puke? i've see dogs and cats do it.

Washed the puke off it and took it back to the shop.....the guy there turned green - might have the smell of the puke tho :D

Washed the puke off it and took it back to the shop.....the guy there turned green - might have the smell of the puke tho :D

i bet he thought you shoved it elsewhere ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Plazaman wrote: »
    Unfortunately gone are the days where they send out boxes of sweets to replace the one you sent back. It's all vouchers nowadays and rarely goes over the €10 mark per my experience with a salty mouldy looking box of Maltesers.... mmmmmm, Maltesers.....

I do remember in a certain chipper in Sligo (which shall remain nameless but closed down now anyway) where an inebriated punter handed back a Chicken Burger one night stating that he didn't want mayonaisse in it. Girl who served it to him said there wasn't any on it but when she looked at it she went green, dropped everything and ran off. Punter was handed fresh burger by another staff member and went off happy. While I was waiting for my chips to be cooked I could see three of them (including the Manager) huddled around whispering. The game was up when a fourth staff member poked their head in, whisper, whisper, whisper... then loudly "An abcess????"...... "Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!".

Got free chips that night in exchange for my silence. Easily bought me.

I remember hearing that about KFC and a few other places. Aren't Urban legends great? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

sometimes see bread wrapped twice though the inner one has a different use by date, wouldn't exactly call it a windfall, extra fodder for the fire maybe.

I do seem to be of the unlucky sort, but now I know where all my missing chicken nuggets and rashers and stuff are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Was eating ginger biscuits before and I lifted one up to find a squirming maggot under it.

I was pretty young at the time so I was just like 'hehe ewwww :)' and threw them away but my GOD even thinking about it now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

plys wrote: »
    This has often happened me. My own personal favourite is the four-finger Kit-Kat with two regular fingers and two solid chocolate ones.. Oh Joy!!

If you weren't such a lady, and I was less of a gentleman, "OH, the punchlines we could have written together!" I miss Vaudeville.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

My mother got a box of butlers chocos as a present once, took a bite out of the first one and found a piece of broken glass in the middle, idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

saa wrote: »
    Ah the usual fly stuck to the inside of a crisps packet, a renegade hair and a cooked slug in a chip, the odd apple as well.

Who knew it would be that simple to put me off my Tayto. :(:(

Advertisement