Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming on the Ipad

• 18-05-2012 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm looking to see if there's any way of streaming the Heineken Cup final on my Ipad over the w/e. I have Sky Sports with UPC or am willing to pay a few euro to get a legitimate stream. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭CortezTheKiller

If you have a Sky Sports subscription, you should be able to use the Sky Go App.

Edit: Or maybe not, actually - seems you might need 'Sky' Sky Sports for the App, which is a bit sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Download skysports tv, you pay a monthly sub, think its €11

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

seems you might need 'Sky' Sky Sports for the App, which is a bit sh1t.
    Really? That is sh1t.

The Sky Go app is crap looking too. Very basic functionality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Dades wrote: »
    Really? That is sh1t.

The Sky Go app is crap looking too. Very basic functionality.

I find the Sky Go app excellent.

Quality is very good and a decent range of channels.

While I only have the basic package in my apartment my parents have the sports package so I log into the app through their Sky account.

What additional functionality were you expecting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    I find the Sky Go app excellent.

Quality is very good and a decent range of channels.

While I only have the basic package in my apartment my parents have the sports package so I log into the app through their Sky account.

agreed...sky go app is pretty good..I have the full package so can look at Sky Sports/Movies on my ipad at any time and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

+1 for the skygo app.. it does exactly what it says on the tin..
    i use my mates login and have it on the i pad and on the mac connected to the tv, so its a win win and all for free...

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    A daily/weekly program listing would be a start. What's on now and next doesn't cut it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Dades wrote: »
    A daily/weekly program listing would be a start. What's on now and next doesn't cut it for me.

The Sky+ app can do that.

Have never had the need for bit bar recording a programme I know I am going to miss.

As another poster said, does exactly what is says on the tin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

darokane wrote: »
    Download skysports tv, you pay a monthly sub, think its €11

Its about half that now.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its about half that now.

Ah cool, haven't used it in a while, will be handy for when the football starts again as it works on 3g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Liveonlinefooty.com (usually more than football on it) you need to get a membership though - not dear at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

barryd09 wrote: »
    Liveonlinefooty.com (usually more than football on it) you need to get a membership though - not dear at all.

They're not accepting new members.

Sky sports tv is only iphone for non sky subscribers.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    They're not accepting new members.

Sky sports tv is only iphone for non sky subscribers.

which can also be used on the ipad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Tried to do this yesterday but found the skygo app wouldn't work when connected to tv. Only for the iPad screen. Had to use flash sport streams instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tried to do this yesterday but found the skygo app wouldn't work when connected to tv. Only for the iPad screen. Had to use flash sport streams instead.

No, it won't unless you have jailbroken iPhone/iPad

Why so? I was trying to get the Heineken Cup final on the TV via Sky Go, too.

What's the use of the bloody cable if you can't display your screen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Because they want you to have a Sky Sports subscrption on your TV, sky go for...on the go.

Advertisement