Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NI man mistake Italian flag for Irish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuking knob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Think he needs to go back to school, muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well in fairness it does like the irish flag from a distance

fryup wrote: »

Even if it was an Irish flag, calling the primary school "an IRA training ground" for flying it is typical of that ignorant twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

fryup wrote: »

Setting aside the fact that there is nothing wrong with an Irish school flying the Irish flag, it's clear that somebody just sent him that photo and he based his entire tirade on that alone.
    His deductive powers are amazing, simply by looking at a poorly lit picture of a flag outside the school (flanked by a Polish and Turkish flag no less) he could deduce that it was an IRA training ground where they were teaching the kids how to use guns.
    He's like a sectarian (and insane) Sherlock Holmes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It seems like an easy mistake to make, three flags on a Nationalist school one flag in the centre much taller than the other two, which at 1st glance is an Irish Tricolour! on closer inspection the Orange is Red, but why is the Italian flag more prominent & higher than the Polish and Turkish national flags?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Is that the love ulster guy?

"I wounder do they also train the children in how to use weapons, for it seems they can do what they wont. [sic]"

Such eloquence:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

He's like a sectarian (and insane) Sherlock Holmes

Funny you should say that - wasn't there an incident in the last couple of years where he claimed to be walking down a road in South Armagh and discovered a 300lb bomb in the hedge? The circumstances around that were totally bizarre!! Or am I imagining that? (The story I mean, not that it was bizarre) :confused:

Willie definitely has issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

LordSutch wrote: »
    It seems like an easy mistake to make, three flags on a Nationalist school one flag in the centre much taller than the other two, which at 1st glance is an Irish Tricolour! on closer inspection the Orange is Red, but why is the Italian flag more prominent & higher than the Polish and Turkish national flags?

mussolini used it as a traning ground back during the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

KeithAFC?

• Advertisement

Funny you should say that - wasn't there an incident in the last couple of years where he claimed to be walking down a road in South Armagh and discovered a 300lb bomb in the hedge? The circumstances around that were totally bizarre!! Or am I imagining that? (The story I mean, not that it was bizarre) :confused:

Willie definitely has issues.

Yup. He also claims to know the names of the people behind Kingsmill, the Paul Quinn murder and a dozen other things and keeps threatening to release them.
    Strangely he seems to know very little about the two fellas stabbed to death after being in his club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Colour blindness is a scourge in bigotry. :rolleyes:

I think you're slightly missing the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

KeithAFC?

Speaking of him, where's he disappeared to lately :confused:

Has he been banned?

I think you're slightly missing the point.

I do understand who Willie Fraser is, and needless to say he wouldn't be the biggest fan of the Irish Tricolour, but is it not the case that he simply made a massive 'faux pas' by mistaking the Italian Tricolour (in the centre on the tallest pole), for an Irish Tricolour (subtle difference)?

Please explain about missing the point.

To agitate idiots.. clueless uneducated idiots.

And out of curiosity, what makes you say that it's a 'Nationalist school'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Probably because they couldn't rent out three different flagpoles of the same size at short notice, or some other minor, inconsequential reason like that.

You should probably leave the conspiracy theories for elsewhere, I think they've enough to be getting on with up there with lunatics like this still obviously trying to cause trouble between their existing peaceful communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Well, probably not a popular thing to say but a bigoted, and let's be honest, pretty crazy individual he may be, but don't forget he lost his father and no less than four other family members to the IRA over a relatively short period.

It's not exactly surprising that he is somewhat unhinged and an over zealous critic of all things republican.

He's a nutter, but I almost feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

While I could understand thinking the Italian flag in isolation was the Irish Flag, when you have two other flags that also contain red on either side of it for comparison it's a fairly ****ing stupid mistake to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I do understand who Willie Fraser is, and needless to say he wouldn't be the biggest fan of the Irish Tricolour, but is it not the case that he simply made a massive 'faux pas' by mistaking the Italian Tricolour (in the centre on the tallest pole), for an Irish Tricolour (subtle difference)?

Probably because he went on to say that the school was:
    ...the junior headquarters of SF/IRA youth, or it may as well be.
    and
    I wounder do they also train the children in how to use weapons, for it seems they can do what they wont.

• Advertisement

I have seen many a dodgy looking reddish-orange on cheap Irish flags over the years, and I guess that in many instances they have been mistaken for Italian flags, (and vice versa)! Italian Chip shops in particular are always getting their Tricolours mixed up :))

Willie Fraser has made a fool of himself, he should have contacted the school first to ask about the flags.

The main thrust of the story is that because he thought a school was flying a tricolour he felt he had the right to accuse it of being an IRA training ground.
    The flag mix up is a humorous but minor aspect of the main issue

I have seen many a dodgy looking reddish-orange on cheap Irish flags over the years, and I guess that in many instances they have been mistaken for Italian flags, (and vice versa)! Italian Chip shops in particular are always getting their Tricolours mixed up :))

Willie Fraser has made a fool of himself, he should have contacted the school first to ask about the flags.

He should have kept his mouth shut and let the school fly whatever flag they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Ghandee wrote: »
    Speaking of him, where's he disappeared to lately :confused:

Has he been banned?

I think he was finally banned from After Hours late April but not the whole site and he hasn't been on since. Although there's somebody now on the Politics forum though called 'whitelines' who opened an account in May who I suspect is KeithAFC due to constantly trolling nationalists and using phrases like "the Irish Republic" which was a favourite phrase of his.

I think he was finally banned from After Hours late April but not the whole site and he hasn't been on since. Although there's somebody now on the Politics forum though called 'whitelines' who opened an account in May who I suspect is KeithAFC due to constantly trolling nationalists and using phrases like "the Irish Republic" which was a favourite phrase of his.

Glad he's not gone altogether. He was always good for a laugh. Kept things interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think Specsavers should make an advert out of Willie's story. It would be a great laugh abroad as well as here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I love this bit:
    "The 51-year-old founder of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives also claimed the school was "the junior headquarters of SF/IRA youth, or it may as well be".

A bit claiming it's a Nazi moonbase... or it might well be.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Is he for real what a clown typical nordy

????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

why is the Italian flag more prominent & higher than the Polish and Turkish national flags?

Roman Catholic propaganda :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's just as incoherent and ignorant as the some of the **** in the report.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Maybe because flagpoles are generally arranged/erected like that with the centre flag usually reserved for the home country with visiting/related flags on the smaller poles but considering none of the flags being flown were from the home country they had to pick one to put on it and so put the italian one on it. Does it even make any difference???

Not to me, but it obviously did to Willie Fraser.
    Auvers wrote: »
    Roman Catholic propaganda :rolleyes:

Say What?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

CJC999 wrote: »
    Maybe because flagpoles are generally arranged/erected like that with the centre flag usually reserved for the home country with visiting/related flags on the smaller poles but considering none of the flags being flown were from the home country they had to pick one to put on it and so put the italian one on it. Does it even make any difference???

Why not raise the flag to the same height as the others though?

Because it's an Italian IRA training camp, duh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Because it would be flying at half mast.

Why are people surprised that someone got our flag mixed up? Half of people in this country can't get it right. I'm always hearing this green, white and gold crap.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

Link text says the three flags were Polish, Italian and Turkish.
    But the picture in the article shows a Russian flag not a Polish flag.

just sayin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Because it's an Italian IRA training camp, duh.

they make bombs out of pizzas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Anyone named 'Willie Frazer' is bound to be a dumbass. Just say the name and you'll think of the slow guy in school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Chamone MF wrote: »
    Link text says the three flags were Polish, Italian and Turkish.
    But the picture in the article shows a Russian flag not a Polish flag.

just sayin :)

russian flag has white.blue and red....the flag in the picture only has white and red......willie is that you???!!

• Advertisement

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Anyone named 'Willie Frazer' is bound to be a dumbass. Just say the name and you'll think of the slow guy in school...

Would that be the Willie or the Frazer or both :rolleyes:

Curious, why is there soo much hatred towards him here? and why has he so much hatred in him towards the IRA? Rhetorically of course.

Curious, why is there soo much hatred towards him here? and why has he so much hatred in him towards the IRA? Rhetorically of course.

See my post earlier in thread (#19)

Explains a lot.

Thanks for that, and I agree with all you say in #19, but it still doesn't explain the pure hatred aimed at him in this thread!

Well he's very anti-nationalist, 90 odd% of boards would be nationalist (with either a small or capital N)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Bad Panda wrote: »

This should be post of the day. I can just picture him down the back of the class sniffing tippex all day & drawing little 'UVF R COOL' doodles all day in class..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, no one cares.

Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, no one cares.

You're right. boards.IE should be exclusively for discussing issues of global relevance.
    My apologies for forcing you to take part in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Thanks for that, and I agree with all you say in #19, but it still doesn't explain the pure hatred aimed at him in this thread!
    He's a horrible, thick, mentalist sectarian bigot. Why are you ignoring the hateful stuff he's said and done? I know you've unionist leanings, I've nationalist ones yet I wouldn't ignore what that vile scumbag Martin Ferris has done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

funk-you wrote: »
    Because it would be flying at half mast.

Why are people surprised that someone got our flag mixed up? Half of people in this country can't get it right. I'm always hearing this green, white and gold crap.

-Funk
    I don't think anyone's bothered about the flag confusion, rather the fact he said an Irish flag flying outside a school in South Armagh can only mean an IRA training ground. What a pig of a man.

Dudess wrote: »
    He's a horrible, thick, mentalist sectarian bigot. Why are you ignoring the hateful stuff he's said and done? I know you've unionist leanings. I've nationalist ones yet I wouldn't ignore what that vile scumbag Martin Ferris has done.

I think 'Ruralyoke' explains it well in post#19.

Can't stand Ferris and everything he stands for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement