Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NI man mistake Italian flag for Irish

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

karma_ wrote: »
    I have never in my life voted for SF. I'm just your garden variety moderate nationalist, I guess you find that just as distasteful in fairness.

No, what I find distasteful is the suggestion that anyone thinks that Willie is "moving forward"

Find one poster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    No, what I find distasteful is the suggestion that anyone thinks that Willie is "moving forward"

Find one poster.

Why defend him?

Why excuse him?

Call him out as teh idiot he is, denounce him as such and on that we could all have agreed and had this thread concluded on the second page, rather than the 30 odd page merry-go-round we've all had to endure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

true wrote: »
    Why did the PIRA / Sinn Fein never mention the radio at the time, let alone produce any of these alledged radios? Instead they left her large family of abandoned kids hungry in the house. And if you are alledging she was an "informer", where would a mother of such a large family get the time to gather any reliable information to "inform" / pass on to the government of the time? The PIRA was a secret organisation, would they have told secrets to an (originally Protestant) mother up to her eyes trying to care for a very large young family? Pull the other one.

did'nt adult witnesses see her going to the aid of a soldier , or to chat to him? Or maybe she and her family were visiting elsewhere in the city?
    Course it was not the first time or the last time the RA "disappeared" someone, or killed them for its own reasons.

She lived in Divis and could see a lot of West Belfast through her window. Her son was an OIRA member, later INLA so she could have picked up things through him. She had a difficult life and the Brits used her to get what they wanted. Even after the killing they told the RUC that she had crossed the border freely and had abandoned her family. This was later found to have been totally made up.

The going to the aid of a soldier was untrue. The soldier was shot over a week after she was abducted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Why defend him?

Why excuse him?

Call him out as teh idiot he is, denounce him as such and on that we could all have agreed and had this thread concluded on the second page, rather than the 30 odd page merry-go-round we've all had to endure.

I'm neither defending him nor excusing him.

I understand why he is what he is, that's all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Why excuse him?

Why defend those who murdered and intimidated over many years his family? That is a major part of his problem. There are those who still condone the murder of 5 members of his family, inc his father.

• Advertisement

. The soldier was shot over a week after she was abducted.
    there were other soldiers shot. Why were radios never produced? why did the IRA not tell her children?

If someone told the Gardai something here, ( I do not accept she was an "informer" ) do you think the person should be disappeared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Nodin wrote: »
    You're taking the piss, I trust.

No, not at all, and the impression I get from Willie Frazer is that firstly he is damaged, and secondly he hates the Provisional movement (for understandable reasons), but I cant recall him ever saying that he hates Catholics! Paisley was always quoted as hating Catholics, this proved to be incorrect, and in recent years it has become clear that Paisley hated the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, (but he certainly didn't hate the good Catholic people) who practised their religion. Now I am not equating Frazer with Paisley, but I am just asking again for clarity on your Frazer's dislike of Catholics message, being put out there in post#440 amongst others.

there were other soldiers shot. Why were radios never produced? why did the IRA not tell her children?

If someone told the Gardai something here, ( I do not accept she was an "informer" ) do you think the person should be disappeared?

I don't think that killing people for any reason is right be that in the USA, by paramilitaries or by shoot to kill.
    Unfortunately she did what she did and she knew the consequences. I understand that the family, being republicans refuse to accept that their wasn't some mistake but I find it hard to believe. Its a sad case but all the stories and myths around the disappeared won't bring them back.

LordSutch wrote: »
    No, not at all, and the impression I get from Willie Frazer is that firstly he is damaged, and secondly he hates the Provisional movement (for understandable reasons), but I cant recall him ever saying that he hates Catholics! Paisley was always quoted as hating Catholics, this proved to be incorrect, and in recent years it has become clear that Paisley hated the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, (but he certainly didn't hate the good Catholic people) who practised their religion. Now I am not equating Frazer with Paisley, but I am just asking again for clarity on your "Frazer Hates Catholics" message being put out there in post#440 amongst others.

Paisley knew that he wouldn't get away with his "All Papish to Rome" statements nowadays. Willie knew that his "Unwashed fenian foreigner scum" comments would get him kicked off youtube or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No, not at all, and the impression I get from Willie Frazer is that firstly he is damaged, and secondly he hates the Provisional movement (for understandable reasons), but I cant recall him ever saying that he hates Catholics! Paisley was always quoted as hating Catholics, this proved to be incorrect, and in recent years it has become clear that Paisley hated the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, (but he certainly didn't hate the good Catholic people) who practised their religion. Now I am not equating Frazer with Paisley, but I am just asking again for clarity on your "Frazer Hates Catholics" message being put out there in post#440 amongst others.

Did you listen to the link in post 451?

• Advertisement

Did you listen to the link in post 451?

Yeah, I did, and the interviewer should be sacked.

Its probably his church.

....America has rather a different set of laws.

While that kind of thing is relatively rare there in modern times, it still has a few adherents in the bible belt. Thats the kind of company willie keeps. That and in former times billy wright and the worst element of the UVF.

While that kind of thing is relatively rare there in modern times, it still has a few adherents in the bible belt. Thats the kind of company willie keeps. That and in former times billy wright and the worst element of the UVF.

Johnny Adair and his people used to meet up with some of the extremists over there too.

Indeed, but will you retract your assertion that Mr Frazer's real enemies are 'Catholics'.

Indeed, but will you retract your assertion that Mr Frazer's real enemies are 'Catholics'.

You really are taking the piss now. Why in the name of fuck would I do that? The man keeps the company and kept the company of the most rabid bigots. You just heard the kind of ideology he keeps in with.

If its standing there wearing a cloak with a white pointy hat and holding a burning cross , standing beside a tree with a dead black man hanging from it, odds are its a klansman.

You really are taking the piss now. Why in the name of fuck would I do that? The man keeps the company and kept the company of the most rabid bigots. You just heard the kind of ideology he keeps in with.

If its standing there wearing a cloak with a white pointy hat and holding a burning cross , standing beside a tree with a dead black man hanging from it, odds are its a klansman.

Or maybe he just targets a certain type of black man? :p:p:rolleyes:

Look Nodin, I'll leave it now because this could go on for pages and pages, but I honestly cant see or hear why Willie Frazer would just dislike/hate Catholic people as (as opposed to Republican hardliners) or members/ supporters of the Provisional IRA, who murdered his Dad.

I am not taking the piss, and all I asked was for you to back up your claim in post440.

Goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Look Nodin, I'll leave it now because this could go on for pages and pages, but I honestly cant see or hear why Willie Frazer would just dislike/hate Catholic people as (as opposed to Republican hardliners) or members/ supporters of the Provisional IRA, who murdered his Dad.

I am not taking the piss, and all I asked was for you to back up your claim in post440.

Goodnight.
    You have revealed your true colours in this thread.

The world and his dog can see that he is a sectarian bigot.

You cant and there are two possible reasons for your position:

1.Your own particular self loathing brand of unionism is so deeply entrenched in your psyche you feel the need to suck up to likes of Willie and portray him in a better light

2. You are trolling.

1.Your own particular self loathing brand of unionism is so deeply entrenched in your psyche you feel the need to suck up to likes of Willie and portray him in a better light

2. You are trolling.

Noone trolls for 5000 posts. He clearly is one of them Stormfront lot. A confused bunch alright!

• Advertisement

Look Nodin, I'll leave it now because this could go on for pages and pages, but I honestly cant see or hear why Willie Frazer would just dislike/hate Catholic people as (as opposed to Republican hardliners) or members supporters of the Provisional IRA, who murdered his Dad..

.....he hung around with the most notorious sectarian killers in the UVF, hes on sectarian radio shows.....he's barking, crapping and wagging his tail exactly as a sectarian anti-catholic bigot would.

he hung around with the most notorious sectarian killers in the UVF,
    really? care to provide linkl for that? Did he hang around with them on a regular basis or did he meet them socially once or twice? Perhaps he was one of those who pursuaded them to take the road to peace? And why should anyone believe you when you were proved wrong on your assertion that most UDR people were ex B-Specials?
    hes on sectarian radio shows
    Whats a "sectarian" radio show, pray tell?

And if he was ever on the radio, is not part of the reason the fact that 5 members of his family were murdered by the PIRA? If the PIRA did not intimidate and kill his father and family ( who were innocent of any crime ) , and show no remorse then or since, would be be like he is now?

.....he's barking, crapping and wagging his tail exactly as a sectarian anti-catholic bigot would.
    and even if he is that, does that excuse those who murdered his innocent family? Why do you speak of Fraser ( who was afaik never convicted or suspected of any crime - certainly no serious crime ) like that while you do not condemn those who murdered his family?

I honestly cant see or hear why Willie Frazer would just dislike/hate Catholic people as (as opposed to Republican hardliners) or members/ supporters of the Provisional IRA, who murdered his Dad.

I am not taking the piss, and all I asked was for you (Nodin) to back up your claim in post440.

Yes, time for Nodin to back up his claim. Fraiser went to a Catholic school, and there were brave and respected comrades of his relations in the UDR who were Catholics. Fraisers gripe, as he says, is with those who murdered his relations and father .....Republican hardliners or members/ supporters of the Provisional IRA.

really? care to provide linkl .........IRA.

All covered here.....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Frazer
    Whats a "sectarian" radio show, pray tell?.

This one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVQSjFkrjHI

2. You are trolling.

What seems to be happening here is that if you question anything or ask for proof, and in the case of Willie Frazer (proof that he hates Catholics) then you are cannon fodder and a Troll. Now I am no fan of Willie Frazer, but I have asked questions throughout this thread, and for that I have been called a Troll twice on this thread (the 1st time by Chuck Stone) and now by you (2). My posts are all listed below and unless you find proof of Trolling I will possibly report yourself and Chuck Stone for calling me a Troll.

My Posts#7,16,22,34,42,44,51,64* (called a Troll), 70,72* told to stop posting by dloflnep (reason unknown), so I did take a break, and then came back with 109, 208, 295, 297, 299, 441, 458, 462, 466, and finally 469. Looking back over my posts they are fairly well mannered & mild compared to many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

What seems to be happening here is that if you question anything or ask for proof, and in the case of Willie Frazer (proof that he hates Catholics) then you are cannon fodder and a Troll. Now I am no fan of Willie Frazer, but I have asked questions throughout this thread, and for that I have been called a Troll twice on this thread (the 1st time by Chuck Stone) and now by you (2). My posts are all listed below and unless you find proof of Trolling I will possibly report yourself and Chuck Stone for calling me a Troll.

My Posts#7,16,22,34,42,44,51,64* (called a Troll), 70,72* told to stop posting by dloflnep (reason unknown), so I did take a break, and then came back with 109, 208, 295, 297, 299, 441, 458, 462, 466, and finally 469. Looking back over my posts they are fairly well mannered & mild compared to many.

You have a habit for thanking other posters for their unproven claims though. As if you endorse their views but don't fancy saying it yourself?

Deedsie wrote: »
    You have a habit for thanking other posters for their unproven claims though. As if you endorse their views but don't fancy saying it yourself?

Yes, there are 'aspects' of other peoples posts that I agree with, so I thank them! that's not to say that I would agree with all aspects of somebody else's post, so I wouldn't post it word for word myself. That said, I do agree with everything Ruralyoke says in #19.

Yes, there are 'aspects' of other peoples posts that I agree with, so I thank them! that's not to say that I would agree with all aspects of somebody else's post, so I wouldn't post it word for word myself. That said, I do agree with everything Ruralyoke says in #19.

Sure, most reasonable people would agree with that post. I do, I would also like to think he would be ostracized/vilified by people of the unionist community for his IRA training ground comments.

They are outrageous comments, yet he almost has Cheer leaders on this thread!

And check out your very own post #22. Are you implying, that had Frazer contacted the school to confirm it was an Irish flag then his comments would have been fair?

What happened was you caught the ball and ran in the completely wrong direction, right from the off. You set up stall on the fact that 'it was an easy mistake to make', and totally ignored that the flag was irrelevant, and no matter what flag hung on that pole his comments would always have been idiotic.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Sure, most reasonable people would agree with that post. I do, I would also like to think he would be ostracized/vilified by people of the unionist community for his IRA training ground comments.

They are outrageous comments, yet he almost has Cheer leaders on this thread!

Well just in case you are in any doubt, I am not one of them.

• Advertisement

If there's doubt, you fostered it yourself.

Happy to hear it. I didnt mean to have a go at you in isolation there. I just can't understand how people can defend this guys comments. I do accept people's sympathy towards him for the tragic loss of his family members, but to provide him with a forum to say these hate filled things and not disagree with him is terrible!

You might want to drop the pom-poms and move to one side in that case.

You might want to drop the pom-poms and move to one side in that case.

I thought I had fully exlained where I stand, and I even got a positive in #482 for it, but you are just like a bent penny or a bad smell, always wanting the last word to provoke a reaction. Suggest you buzz off to your knitting circle with Chuck stone, hogan and the rest of them, God knows you guys have posted enough rubbish on this thread.

..... Suggest you buzz off to your knitting circle with Chuck stone and the rest of them, .

Embroidery, actually.

If there's doubt, you fostered it yourself.

Ha :rolleyes: or maybe (obviously) you just got carried away with the herd and didn't read my posts properly.

• Advertisement

Ha :rolleyes: or maybe (obviously) you just got carried away with the herd and didn't read my posts properly.

That's it, resort to the ad homs, that'll surely help your argument.

neither link explains your assertion / claim that "he hung around with the most notorious sectarian killers in the UVF". I asked you "Did he hang around with them on a regular basis or did he meet them socially once or twice? Perhaps he was one of those who pursuaded them to take the road to peace? And why should anyone believe you when you were proved wrong on your assertion that most UDR people were ex B-Specials? "

As regards your assertion " hes on sectarian radio shows", he was interviewed for 5 minutes on a radio show by some cleric. Is that a crime in itself? Does that justify the murder of 5 members of his family and the intimidation they went through?

As asked before, why do you speak of Fraser ( who was afaik never convicted or suspected of any crime - certainly no serious crime ) like that while you do not condemn those who murdered his family?

Advertisement