Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NI man mistake Italian flag for Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Woah! What happened the name of the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

LordSutch wrote: »
    Thanks for that, and I agree with all you say in #19, but it still doesn't explain the pure hatred aimed at him in this thread!

Funny - My Google is working just fine.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Prob cuz it had sap or spa can't remember what it said but language prob forced it to be changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I mean there is orange on our flag... what's he giving out about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Please explain about missing the point.

I think the people in this thread are missing the point. You're a troll and not a very good one at that. You've drawn attention to yourself by pretending you don't get it and you've been quoted numerous times. You're probably fapping yourself red in the face from the attention you're getting.
    Is he for real what a clown typical nordy

Typical uniformed idiotic generalisation. Just shut up before you embarrass yourself any further.

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    It's not exactly surprising that he is somewhat unhinged and an over zealous critic of all things republican.

He's a nutter, but I almost feel sorry for him.

What does that say about his band of merry men?

Pack of fucking droolers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Is wee willie still giving tours around South Armagh in his saracen? :)

"You never know, the I.R.A might blow us up".

Great marketing there, Willie.

Chaps a fruit and nut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Someone should throw him down a well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

You're right. boards.IE should be exclusively for discussing issues of global relevance.
    My apologies for forcing you to take part in this thread

I don't think I was clear enough in my earlier post - I'll explain a little more clearly this time.

I think the topic can be discussed alright; I'm not saying that we should only discuss global topics.

What I'm getting at is that no one in the entire world cares about this ridiculous situation except a handful of people who cannot see how stupid it is. I'm not having a go at you for bringing it up, more the situation itself. It's quite pathetic.

• Advertisement

woodoo wrote: »
    Someone should throw him down a well.

.....Enviromental awareness makes that unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Well, probably not a popular thing to say but a bigoted, and let's be honest, pretty crazy individual he may be, but don't forget he lost his father and no less than four other family members to the IRA over a relatively short period.

It's not exactly surprising that he is somewhat unhinged and an over zealous critic of all things republican.

exactly, why do people ignore this fact
    Dudess wrote: »
    I've nationalist ones yet I wouldn't ignore what that vile scumbag Martin Ferris has done.

no one votes for willie frazer.. but martin ferris tops the polls in the republic (north kerry) so who are we to complain

Prob cuz it had sap or spa can't remember what it said but language prob forced it to be changed

I dont like what it has been changed to. Or the fact that it has been changed. Can I alter it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think the people in this thread are missing the point. You're a troll and not a very good one at that. You've drawn attention to yourself by pretending you don't get it and you've been quoted numerous times. You're probably fapping yourself red in the face from the attention you're getting.

Typical uniformed idiotic generalisation. Just shut up before you embarrass yourself any further.

Well apart from the confusion surrounding the Irish Tricolour & the Italian Tricolour, I did say in my 1st post . . .
    Willie Fraser has made a fool of himself, and he should have contacted the school first to ask about the flags.

I then went on to mention 'Ruralyoke' post #19 . . .
    Well, probably not a popular thing to say but a bigoted, and let's be honest, pretty crazy individual he may be, but don't forget he lost his father and no less than four other family members to the IRA over a relatively short period.

He's a nutter, but I almost feel sorry for him.

So pray tell Chuck Stone, why do you call me a TROLL?

fryup wrote: »

Willie Frazer makes it damn near impossible to ignore him. Frazer has created his own little 'cowboys and Indians' alternate reality where his crowd were the good guys and republicans/nationalists/catholics were the bad guys.

Which is bollocks.

...they were all in the security forces, Willies links to the UVF and LVF, Willies burning bigotry against catholics, the misappropriation of funds,.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

He's made the same mistake as the ultramaroons at Westboro Baptist Church does in the linked video which kinda says it all. http://www.godhatestheworld.com/ireland/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Nodin wrote: »
    ...they were all in the security forces, Willies links to the UVF and LVF, Willies burning bigotry against catholics, the misappropriation of funds,.............

ah i see, so that makes it alright to kill them then:cool:

I do understand who Willie Fraser is, and needless to say he wouldn't be the biggest fan of the Irish Tricolour, but is it not the case that he simply made a massive 'faux pas' by mistaking the Italian Tricolour (in the centre on the tallest pole), for an Irish Tricolour (subtle difference)?

He "simply made a massive 'faux pas' by mistaking the Italian Tricolour (in the centre on the tallest pole), for an Irish Tricolour (subtle difference)?
    "
    Hmmmmm. From the OP 's linked article-
    The 51-year-old founder of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives also claimed the school was "the junior headquarters of SF/IRA youth, or it may as well be".
    "I wounder do they also train the children in how to use weapons, for it seems they can do what they wont." [sic]

Exactly^ and that's why I went on to recommend post#19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think Willie Frazer is a mad craic! Nothing but utter hilarity in anything he says. Bless him, he's a simply minded ape.

PS: LordSutch - Stop posting. Just stop.

• Advertisement

OK, gone . . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fianna saor

Curious, why is there soo much hatred towards him here? and why has he so much hatred in him towards the IRA? Rhetorically of course.

maybe at a wild guess it could be, and im assuming here, most boardsies are irish and hes anti irish.

bringing down a load of loyalists to march down o connell st wouldnt have helped hi cause either!

Pray tell Chuck Stone, why do you call me a TROLL?

For focussing on the blue part of the headline in the quoted article and completely ignoring the red part below.
    A victims' campaigner has labelled a Co Tyrone primary school an IRA training ground, after mistaking an Italian flag outside the building for an Irish tricolour.

Stop pretending you don't 'get it'. You know exactly the reaction you will get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

His youtube videos were hilarious! Someone went round and cut the eyes out of his election posters and he called the police out over it. He's just the local nutjob/next Michael Stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Anyone want to troll his twitter?

https://twitter.com/#!/williefrazer

chin_grin wrote: »

Isn't Jim Allister already doing that?

O.

Fergot.

He is whinging that his funding wasn't reinstated. He was taken to court for fraudulently claiming money and IIRC couldn't repay the money because it had been spent. Now he's complaining that he isn't getting any more!

"willie frazer ‏@williefrazer
    Thanks to everyone who's following me, more than 20 now!"

-That was in 2009, Has since dropped to 18 followers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

I would say for the average Willie fan, twitter is almost supernatural though.

Too easy. Jesus he's pathetic. More to be pitied than ridiculed I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Yep - kind of what I was saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It was clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

What a fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Imagine what he'll be like if he starts seeing little green men . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18109208

Where To wrote: »
    Imagine what he'll be like if he starts seeing little green men . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18109208

He still hasn't got past the traffic lights at the end of his street.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

markie29 wrote: »
    russian flag has white.blue and red....the flag in the picture only has white and red......willie is that you???!!

There is white blue and red in the same order as the Russian flag.
    Stevie is that you???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can't stand Ferris and everything he stands for.
    You don't say? I can't see where I indicated otherwise.

no one votes for willie frazer.. but martin ferris tops the polls in the republic (north kerry) so who are we to complain
    Huh? A bunch of misguided people in Kerry vote for Ferris so "we" throughout Ireland are being hypocrites by criticising this bigot? I know you've got this baffling "We Irish are inferior" thing going on, but that's a bit much.
    ah i see, so that makes it alright to kill them then:cool:
    No, it doesn't. Who suggested that? Why would you defend him?

This was one of his tweets:

Back on the twitter. Overjoyed at the demise of the terrorist-supporting Gaddafi!

I'd be overjoyed if the name gadaffi was replaced with willie frazer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I've made my feelings on Frazer clear here before. I do sometimes feel pity for him, what with him being of below average intelligence. And ginger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I feel sorry for Frazer more than anything. He's clearly gone completely loopy and paranoid. Honestly-a secret IRA training camp? He's either deliberately attempting to inflame the situation or he really believe's what he is saying. I'm not sure which is worse to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Chamone MF wrote: »
    There is white blue and red in the same order as the Russian flag.
    Stevie is that you???!!!

It's quite obviously Polish, there's only 2 colours on it - white and red.

This was one of his tweets:

Back on the twitter. Overjoyed at the demise of the terrorist-supporting Gaddafi!

I'd be overjoyed if the name gadaffi was replaced with willie frazer

He also said he hoped Maginness was next!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

Cossax wrote: »
    It's quite obviously Polish, there's only 2 colours on it - white and red.

biko wrote: »
    It was clarified vandalised.

FYP

I don't think I was clear enough in my earlier post - I'll explain a little more clearly this time.

I think the topic can be discussed alright; I'm not saying that we should only discuss global topics.

What I'm getting at is that no one in the entire world cares about this ridiculous situation except a handful of people who cannot see how stupid it is. I'm not having a go at you for bringing it up, more the situation itself. It's quite pathetic.

I think people are interested because of how unbelievably stupid it is. Nobody is forcing you to read it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ha, I could understand if it was the iovory coast falg as its glod white and green.

He is colour blind as well as being stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

He is colour blind as well as being stupid.

Poor him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I feel sorry for Frazer more than anything. He's clearly gone completely loopy and paranoid. Honestly-a secret IRA training camp? He's either deliberately attempting to inflame the situation or he really believe's what he is saying. I'm not sure which is worse to be honest.
    Being mentally ill and actually believing it is fair enough - not something one can control. But he's still a hate-filled bigot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

This same clown went apesh*t before because he thought British passports in northern ireland had Irish on them.

Turned out it was Scots Gaelic and is on all British passports.

As has been pointed out this guy suffered horrifically at the hands of the IRA and is understandably grief stricken. Though lets be realistic here - that in no way justifies calling a school a terrorist training ground for having an Irish flag. Its just comical that it wasn't even an Irish flag to begin with

• Advertisement
Advertisement