Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 Titles 2012

Options
  • 18-05-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

I know the majority of people are sick of ww2 games by now and the modern games based on afghanistan and iraq have taken over. But does anyone know of any ww2 games for the 360 that will be released in 2012? i can only find one fighter sim. called combat wings but thats it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sniper Elite v2 was released last month

Also, Brothers in Arms : Furious 4 is released this year
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_in_Arms:_Furious_4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Tut tut how did you not know about Iron Front :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

saw that thank you sean, doesnt look too good though

Oh and Red Orchestra 2 have a Japanese/US Add-on coming for there title soon too.

Didn't know ARMA2 was running on consoles these days :p
    Tut tut, how did you not read the OPs full post :P
    does anyone know of any ww2 games for the 360 that will be released in 2012

• Advertisement

D'OH !! :D

thank you muppetkiller that game looks pretty good. it looks a little rough around the edges though or is that just me? definitely what im after though. is that new brothers in arms game coming out? wish they'd bring out a proper sequel to hells highway, loved the ability to command troops

just googled it again and pc only :(

PC is your market Ardennes.
    Even if you have an average PC there are a ton of WW2 games for it.
    Company of Heroes will run on any machine from the last few years I'd imagine.

laptop is the only thing i have guys :(

laptop is the only thing i have guys :(

How old/new is it ? can you post some specs ?
    It could probably still run it

• Advertisement

Guess not, sorry man.
    You're just gonna have to go through the back catalogue of 360 games.
    You tried COD : World at War ?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭CajunPenguin

That got me thinking. I have 2GB as well, so I started thinking did a little research and you can use a flash drive as extra RAM so you can run games. I haven't actually tried it yet but there's an idea.

ive tried every game i can find. wish my memory could be erased so i could play cod 2 and hells highway all-over again :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ardennes1944 do yourself a favour and pick up a half decent pc on adverts for the price of a console and enjoy the likes of Day of Defeat and Day of Defeat source, add in the red orchestra series and world of tanks and your in WW2 gaming heaven.

Dont tempt me! Can you give an example of a few possibly?
    Ive no idea on computer specs when it comes to gaming.

Saw that brothers in arms new release as well, hate the new idea of a casual animation take on it

Examples of decent PCs , or WW2 games for PC ?

pcs...that will play decent ww2 games. preferably older ones as it would give a better selection :)

Games are backwards compatible, so any new PC can basically play any PC game ever made.
    Older ones have trouble playing games a few years after they were made etc.

If you go to adverts.ie , check the computers between 250-500 , most of them are decent and will play any of the games you want from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,385 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is that basically the same as arma?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Is that basically the same as arma?

It's using the same engine alright but is a total conversion. Only £14.99 on amazon too. :) You don't need Arma either for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's using the same engine alright but is a total conversion. Only £14.99 on amazon too. :) You don't need Arma either for it.

nice price there on amazon,so it basically is a sim like arma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless I'm entirely mistaken the A300 series came with integrated GPUs, so I'd imagine Company of Heroes would run fine at decent visual settings - the old turion X2 is fine for that game, and it's one of the finest WW2 games you'd play. Day of Defeat Source would run on a toaster at this stage, even on that laptop it should also run fine.

If it's the A300 I'm familar with, it should run COH/DOD/Red Orchedstra fine.

how sure are you? company of heroes looks amazing

If you can download the game I'll give you a spare serial/CD key that I have.
    I own a boxed copy, but don't use it as I also have the collector pack on STEAM.

Else it's worth the €8 risk to get it via Steam and see if it works ;)

It's an amazing game

Thanks sean i appreciate that. It costs even less online to buy it and i like to have the actual discs so i think ill take the plunge. Ive invested enough in ww2 stuff over the last few years another few bob wont kill me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 schlafshane

If you're a console person, Sniper Elite V2 is a pretty great game. It has a few things that irritate me, but only pedantic things like Berlin geography and a slightly unrealistic storyline. The gameplay is great (especially if you turn off the music) and the multiplayer is a lot of fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Iron front looks amazing cant wait to I get it.

will old pc games such as company of heroes and day of defeat work on a hp pavilion g6 i3 laptop?

• Advertisement

Please :)

Advertisement