Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone else using my Account

Options
  • 18-05-2012 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

So . I was checking banking 365 today and found a number of Transactions made over the past 3-4 days

I called banking 365 to report and Cancel my account
    I went to bank of ireland to get a print out of my Statements and Highlighted which transactions were not mine ( They are made using my Laser Card number )

Brought a copy of the Statements to the Garda Station as advised and then Went back to the Bank with the Gardas name

Do you know how long it normally takes to get my money back and if there is anything more I have to do > :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi WIZE,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You've done everything that you'll need to do from your side. Your branch will now pass on the details to our fraud department for investigation.

Once the fraud department has received the details, it usually takes 3-5 working days for any refunds that are due to be returned to your account.

If there's anything else I can do for you just let me know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Thanks for getting back to me so Quick

Who ever did this must feel a bit Guilty as they donated to Charity on my behalf too

Advertisement