Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options
  • 18-05-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anybody has any opinions on the new estate Crosforge being built in Saggart.

http://www.anthonyneville.ie/crosforge/

They're new builds and only properties that are sold are being built which seems good so that there won't be lots of unsold properties in the estate. They seem a reasonable price for the size and spec of the house.

Has anybody had a look at them or have any impressions of them? The village seems nice too, with access to the Luas also.

Any help/opinion re the development or village or anything at all would be a big help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rdc11

Hi,

I'm interested at the moment in Crosforge also. I currently own a house in Tallaght which is the problem but I'm really hoping I'll be able to sell it and move to Crosforge if houses are still available. I haven't viewed inside the houses yet but I'm hoping to do so shortly so will keep you updated if you haven't viewed yet. The fact that they're A rated is a huge bonus and I absolutely love the location. I go walking over that direction a few nights a week. I tried to walk down to the houses to snoop around but barriers were up and I could only view them from the road side but they look lovely. Saggart is a great spot and Dunnes is just across the road. The Luas is a 10 minute walk and you have some nice restaurants etc., plus the 69 bus. It ticks all the boxes for me anyway so hopefully I can sell my house and make the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

But phase-1 is sold out and they are going by list for any cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rdc11

There will be more phases as there is the potential for 69 houses in the development if there's enough interest

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

I moved in to one of these houses 4 days ago. So far so good, not biggies. I would recommend it if you are looking for a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eve26ie

Hi do you mind me asking how you are getting on up there now. Has there been any major problem. I am considering the second phase??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Welliewalls

We are also interested in buying in the second phase any idea when they will be going on sale?

We are also interested in buying in the second phase any idea when they will be going on sale?

I was told jan or feb but not sure id that will happen. Are u on the waiting list?

No we are not on a waiting list kind off waiting to see what happens with them. I was in touch with the auctioneers who are selling them about the first phase but i wasn't getting great responses from them. I would actually wonder if there is a "waiting list"

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

I've had a look at the houses & the finish on them is lovely but overpriced for the size of the property. Nice location with all you need at your door step really.

I think the prices have actually gone up slightly since they were orginally launched. I would have to agree €250 for the 3 bed semi is a wee bit over priced in these times. But then again I'm no expert on these things

• Advertisement

I think the prices have actually gone up slightly since they were orginally launched. I would have to agree €250 for the 3 bed semi is a wee bit over priced in these times. But then again I'm no expert on these things

A 3 bed semi is 225k its 245k with the attic converted no???

Oh really thanks Eve - I was just looking at them last night on myhome.ie and seen €250 - I did orginally think the I seen the 3 beds for 225k or 235k thanks for clarifying puts the 3 bed back in budget

• Registered Users Posts: 20 micheal lumumba

Anyone known wan there starting building for the second phase..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Balarrr Didiarr

Hi Micheal, not sure when next phase being built, just wondering if you've been to view & your thoughts? Went last weekend and the show house we saw was a 3 bed terrace. They're very nice on exterior & inside was lovely. I liked the sitting room but then thought about practicality.It leads directly onto back garden through slide doors..what about walking through from backyard straight onto your living room carpet. Also we have a dog so you would have to bring him through after walks. We basically had to rule it out straight away due to kitchen being at front and living room at rear. Walked around to the semi and liked the way it seems detached, more sense of space. Didn't get to view inside though. Viewed Peyton and Broadfield show houses same weekend in Rathcoole also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

if someone did buy-myself just wondering if A BER rating really translates into lower bills in Crosforge? also sorry if it's been mentioned but are those houses subject to management fees? thanks

Hi balarr
    Thanks for Getting back to me. We've been viewing the show house for the last 3weekends. and finally decided to go for the 3 bed end terrace.they said to us it should be ready for late August or Early September. Hopefully everything works out and it ready in time.i understand what your saying about the sitting room being at the back. That something I have to think about myself since we considering getting a dog but I'm sure we can take out the carpet and put in wooden floor instead. We also viewed the houses in Payton but they were working out too expensive. And we prefer sagged village then Rathcoole village anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 baileathakowal

Hi Micheal,
    Looks like we gonna be neighbours?:) Initially I was going to buy 2 bed but finally me and my wife decide to go for mid terrace 3 bed. It should be ready september so it might be the same block as Yours. The houses are lovelly. I can't wait to move in there and everytime I'm close by trying to take some pictures.

Hi neighbour

that's exellent news, myself and my fiance are reall excited to.
    september couldn't come quick enough, we first time buyers so it good that we have this website
    to get other people's feedback.
    we actually leave two minutes away from the area so it's easy for us to keep an eye on the progress
    of the build. it pretty weird that i'm talking to my neighbour before we even move in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Hey micheal lumumba and baileathakowal - I was wondering if you found there was much room for negotiation on prices?

I was also wondering what was it that made you decide to buy? My fiancee and I really like the look of them - but I have to admit - I've never had much luck with modern developments. The house we're in now is an early Celtic Tiger development and there are tonnes of little design flaws and small issues.

Hi Dortilolma,
    I also have bad experience with houses here. But most of the places I lived were build around 2005-2008. As You know that was time were anybody could be developer or a builder. They didn't care about quality. I hope its gonna be different with those houses and that I'm not naive. With new houses it allways a bit of lottery. In 5 years time we will know the answers to that.
    And about the price. I tried to negotiate but they refuse my offer so we decide to go for asking price as the houses are selling very quickly. As far as I know there is 13 out of 25 houses sold so far. I remember first day of the viewing on 23rd of February and there was 5 houses sold in 30 minutes:)

• Advertisement

Hi
    Myself and my boyfriend also purchased a house in phase two. We have been waiting on this release since we seen phase one. Ours is one of the houses that they had started to build prior to launch. We hope to b in around june. Counting down the weeks

Hi eve26ie
    i was just at the site today.looks like there just about to finish work on your roof.
    not long to go now i would say you must be excited, june is only around the corner.
    must say im a little jealous cause we have to wait to september
    our one is only half way up at moment.

Do any of you recent house buyers have feed back on getting mortages? Which Banks were most favorable and was it like pulling teeth? Any feedback would be great. We are still saving to have a chunk of a deposit, I know most banks are only giving 92% .....we did hope to buy one of these but is possible phase 2 could be sold before we get mortage approval...

Hi Welliewalls
    we only looked at two banks, bank of ireland and AIB.
    after meeting with the two banks we decided to go with AIB
    because bank of ireland was only offering 90% mortage
    which AIB offered us 92% and you only start paying back the mortgage
    three months after moving in. it been pretty much straight forward
    once you have your deposit and your payslips to show a proof that your working
    you shouldn't have any problem
    if you do decide to go for AIB ask for BEN FOX he's been excellent on helping us get our morgage

good luck

I have the list of all the stuff we need and we are both permanent employees. I just keep hearing horror stories about people not getting mortages. Ideally we would like to purchase a 3 bed end of terrace or a 3 bed semi. I'm hoping sales are slow and we will be in a position to by one before the end of the summer. thanks so much for the advice.

No problem.We actually bought the tree bed end of terrace, Should be ready for September(Fingers crossed) I know for fact there still one or two houses Being Beeld that are not sold yet. Once you hand in all your people work into the bank. a week later they'll have a decision for you. After that all you need to do is find a house You like, Go back to the bank With your house Details.They then give you a letter of an offer.
    Once you have that,it's all down to Solicitors And signing contracts
    Get ready for a lot of paperwork. That's the only downside to it. The whole process took us about month and a half

thanks for the tip :-) Now to just win the lotto!!!!

Picture I took yesterday. Looks like they are on schedule. Does anybody know what is the progress with selling of phase 2?

may13.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DesireeG

Hello there, we just agreed to buy a 3 bed semi last week.. may I ask for your experience how long does it take for the paperworks? We already have all the mortgage approvals in place (including life insurance). :-))) We keep going there to have a look every now and then as we already fell in love with the place. Saggart seems to be a lovely town.

• Advertisement

hi Desireeg
    As far as i'm aware. once you have your mortgage approved and you have your life insurance ready.
    it's just a matter of waiting for the house to be finished,
    did you get a date to when the house was going to be done?
    and did you get the plans for the House?
    we were told they don't give out the plans anymore.

Advertisement