Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DesireeG

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply! The house is already built and finished, we just got it because the previous buyer did not want it any more =)

We did not ask for the plans, but we can ask and I will let you know what they will say.

Our solicitor received the contracts today, he needs to review them, and with mortgage and insurance already approved I hope it will not take too long..

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 micheal lumumba

that's excellent news.hopefully everthing works out
    we still have to wait to September:mad:
    feels like life time away

• Registered Users Posts: 9 baileathakowal

Micheal they might be on time with our houses. Hopefully. Little zoom on site in the photo.

that's great news I was there today myself.
    there going up very fast
    I was told by the builder that they might be ready for the end of july.
    by the way what number is yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Welliewalls

Does anyone have any of what's left in the second phase? Ideally end of terrace or semi detached? thanks

• Advertisement

number 63 end terrace and 2 semi detached.
    just be careful if buying, we just ran into a problem
    the plans we were given when signing the contract
    are completely different to the way the house is built.
    so just keep an eye out for that.

thanks for getting back!! That is really bad form, where do you stand then if you have all ready signed the contracts. I would imagine you still have some sort of come back or do you since the house is work in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DesireeG

Hello there, it looks like we are almost there and we could get the keys around the middle of July (can't wait!)

Do you know any good professional painter? I would like to renovate few rooms before moving in.

:-) thanks in advance

Desiree

Thats great Desiree. We are still saving for a deposit to hopefully get one of the last 3 or 4 beds........... I actually do know a painter he is a carpenter & painter his name is Kevin you can get him @ 087 7513043

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul4545

Hi All,

Recently bought a house up here, the waiting is killing me! Could anybody who is currently living in one of those houses tell me, were there any major issues with their surveyor or snag list reports? Anything to watch out for??

Paul.

• Advertisement

Anyone any feedback as to why 30 & 31 are still available? both 4 bed Semi's....The parking is slightly ridiculous so I am thinking that's the reason.

Hi Welliewalls

I know number 30, 29 and 18 are used as a show house
    don't know about number 31 maybe someone
    pulled out there contract

Thanks Michael
    Looks like 30 & 31 are for Sale - 29 and 18 must be sold as the agent never mentioned that was still available - I think it might be worth a look, although they did mention a school could possibly be built across the road. Anyone any concerns about this. We have been over on the site twice this week, the security guard thinks we are nutts :-)

Hi Welliewalls,
    I think thouse houses are perfectly fine. It's just the price that is a problem as they are dearest in the estate. So that might be the answer why they are still for sale. With not many cash buyers now on the market and also its hard to get a mortgage (specially this amount).
    Let us know if we gonna be a neighbours:)

I agree we were only thinking the same last night and could possibly run into the same problem with the mortgage. Finding the agent extremley unhelpful we have rang him 3 times & e-mailed twice to make an appointment for a booking and no reply. Going direct to Anthony Nevilles today see what they say maybe the builder can show us around.

Very strange as I think both agent and builders are very helpful. Allways willing to help. Maybe You catch him on some kind of holiday.

Picture I took yesterday.

I agree very strange. I rang Anthony Neviles last week and they rang back to say the agent would definitely be onto me. 1 week later still no phone call.

anyone know if 30/31 and 55 are still for Sale. Never received a call back from HT Meaghers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul4545

Hi all,

Trivial question: Does anyone know if UPC will service this development? Are the houses "wired" for TV/broadband?

Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

Yes, they do. I live there and I have TV and broadband with them

Nearly there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BetterGiulia

Hello there, today leaving for work I saw some horse manure (or I think it was) in our neighborhood. And one of the houses had it in their driveway... do we have horses that wonder in the area at night (or a giant dog?):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

anyone know if 30/31 and 55 are still for Sale. Never received a call back from HT Meaghers

Hi. 31 and 55 is still available. We were there last week and booked Nr. 30.

Oberlus wrote: »
    Yes, they do. I live there and I have TV and broadband with them

Hi, what address have you quoted to them? Because i was trying to check with them today and they could't locate the address agent has given to me: Nr. 30 Crosforge, Saggart, Co Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mariaL14

Hi,

I would have thought that address was correct?

I am also considering buying a house in the crossforge development. The houses are beautiful and I love Saggart. I have heard that there will be access from the main road through Millrace and Crosforge so as to avoid the village. Does anyone know if this is correct and where will the access be?

i think you are correct about the road. When you just turn right into estate - this is the road that will connect Millrace and Crosforge. Now the road is closed, because they are still building houses at the far end of the road, however if you drive to the Millrace estate there is a road on that side (sill closed), but you can see it is a fully build road.

This is actually our concern, as the house we booked is actually on that road. When we booked we did not realized that. I am not sure we fancy on living exposed to that road when lots of traffic will go through it. Just for not that kind of money, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mariaL14

Hi Jannise,

I see what you mean but do you think that there would be much traffic going past given that people would have to go through the Millrace estate which is quite narrow? The road does not widen until near crossforge so it would be quite tight for a lot of traffic to go through that estate particularly with their cars parked at the sides.

i am not about the traffic, but thinking logically all the residents from the apartments that are facing the croffsforge and the road would definitely drive through. well, if i were them i would, because it is easier than going back to the main road through the whole estate.
    Also, would this road mean a shorter way for the Millrace residents to get to the shops like Centra? So this might potentially increase the number of people passing by your property, which is not ideal of course.

• Advertisement

Any idea who manages the Bins in that estate or are all housholders signing up with different bin collectors. We have booked No 54.

Advertisement