Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 baileathakowal

There are few companies that do that. I only moved in on Sunday and yesterday I sign with Greyhound (seems to be cheapest/ 15.50euro for month with no annual fee). They take bins fortnightly. I know there are also companies like Thorntons and Advance Waste. The best way is to check what bins people have. That's what I did. Hope it helps. By the way' I'm in 51 so might see you around.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Welliewalls

I actually heard Greyhoud were quite good, i think my folk's are with them. Hoping to be in within the next 6-8 weeks. Let's hope it will be a good estate with good neighbours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

Hi
    I am with Thortons, and for what I could see, majority of neighbors are with Thortons as well. You may need to research a little bit more for the cheapest fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul4545

Hi all,

Can you tell me, how people are finding the solar panels? Are the effective in producing much heat? Have they cut your energy bills??

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

Paul, as far as i understand the solar panels do not produce any heat. They simply heat the water. My friends have those in other place and saying it is good in spring/summer, however in winter you still need to heat the water a bit more normal ways, as the water is too cold.
    Would be nice to hear from some one who has moved in already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mariaL14

Hi!

I wont be moving in until next year but I was speaking to someone who has moved in already and they were very impressed with their bills since they moved in. They were massively reduced. There has been a lot of sun though over the summer. The bills are bound to be a bit more pricey during the winter but probably still lower than your average house given the energy rating.

Cant wait to move in!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 micheal lumumba

Can someone help me. How did use go on about getting UPC I was on the phone to them over half an hour. they can't seem to locate crosforge.

Did you ever get sorted with the UPC I'm having the same problem.

no, they are saying that this address does not exist, and unfortunately their system does not allow to search for any modifications, it has to be exact. I tried to quote the address of Milcrest, but no help to them, as they can find that one, but can't locate Crossforge.

Have you seen the UPC box inside the house? I haven't, but wasn't looking very closely.

Haven't been any new PC connection. Very frustrating looks like I have to go with sky my choice.

• Advertisement

actually, was Sky able to find the address in their system? if they did, can they tell you back the address it is under in their system? There might be a small confusion about the address line, therefore you can try this.

I haven't been on to them yet I'll be doing doing that this afternoon. But I've noticed most of the neighbours have sky so it must be pretty straightforward.

Those anyone have a land line connected? And if so who with? I tried to get connected with eircom but can not find this address

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paul4545

According to another guy living in the estate, UPC does service it???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eve26ie

Hi michael
    Upc does service crosforge. We have tv with sky and broadband and phone with upc. The estate is not set up on their system so they had to set our address up as a new address and this took 4 weeks. Tell them there are other houses in the estate set up. We had no problems with getting sky out at all. Hope that helps

@Eve26.ie
    Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone any comments to make about the commute from this estate to the city for work. I work in Rathgar and currently am in walking distance so I will have a bit of a journey ahead of me from saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ross123

Hi All,

Considering a 2 bed in the development and reading through posts here all looks positive.

Any negatives shown to date?

Also just saw news of this proposed road towards the end of the thread. Could somebody be so kind as so mention what number houses it will affect the most?

From my calculations the available 2 beds are 4,5,7,8,41,43,50 but I may be wrong on this...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

Well, I had a bad experience with the estate agents. My garden is downhill and they promised to level it but after 6 months living in the development, they said they would not do it. So my recommendation is to have everything in writing, do not trust everything they say, they just want to sell the houses. But of course, I am very happy with the house and the builders, no complaints about the house or them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maaaverick

hi All,
    we have booked 3 bed terrace house at Crossford. We really like the houses and this small estate. Quality optically seems to be good and in details I think it represent enough good standards. It may be not a top class but definitely much better than houses built during the boom. Only concern we have is the black stone imitation they use for front elevation walls (we like the colors btw).
    I see on firstly build houses all of them have a yellow kind of rusty liquid staining the walls and I checked it's difficult to clean this. It looks to me that this stone is reacting like this and it's going to be ongoing problem. I am bit worried that if 1 year old houses all have it already (small patches though) but I think that after couple of years all the estate will look not attractive with all the front walls covered by rusty stains.
    To people living there already - what is your opinion about this?
    Does anybody spoke to the Builder about this?
    is there any method to protect this in advance. I can it should be possible to protect it or paint so it wont start dissolving like this?
    BTW wondering why developer is using such material if it has known issues. I have seen area around Dunnes Stores down the road and the same stone there looks awful.

Second concern I had was after talking to person living in the apartments on the Millrace. They have been built by William - father of Anthony Neville who built Crossforge. This person said that developer is really bad and apartments they live in are bad quality + it took years for developer there to complete the area around the estate. I walked around the apartments and they dont look good but I think its typical boom time development. From the other side if it was very solid multi generation company they should care about quality even after father and son has split.
    I have seen Duplexes apartments in Druid Valleys, Cherrywood built by William and I think they represent very good quality. They are 12 years old and in very good shape. So I was very happy finding out about Neville family building Crossforge.

Now I am very confused and not sure what to do to be honest. I like the houses and I think price is fair but want to avoid problems and disappointment

Could you please share your thoughts ? I will appreciate any comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭foxhill

Hi guys
    Thanks for posting your experience at Crosforge, we r also looking for a house at Crosforge. Advertisement states there is no management fees hence there will be no management company. In that scenario, who actually look after and pays for communal areas. Is it city council looking after the communal area?
    And please describe hows the atmosphere in Crosforge. I read there is play area for kids.
    Please share your experience. Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maaaverick

hi Foxhill,
    I was thinking about the same today. I read on developer site that:

As Crosforge is going to be taken in charge by South Dublin County Council there will be no management company and therefore more certainty brought to the yearly budgeting of the households.

I think it's important. Somebody has to be responsible for common areas, somebody has to cut the grass, repair the roads in the estate, pay for the light on the street etc I would assume county council should take over this responsibilities once the estate is completed but not sure how this process looks like. It was developer's private land so it has to be sorted some way. I think it;s very important as it can become a problem if not properly regulated.

Does anybody knows what is the state of things in this matter on Crosforge?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭foxhill

Thanks, Maaaverick for your kind response.
    I was reading on other threads where people seeking advice about buying a house in a estate where no management company and no one responsible for communal area maintenance. like this one:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056999814

almost everyone there told the OP to run away from such estate!.
    But I believe in the case of CrosForge, once Last built house is sold, then South Dub C. will take over the estate.

Anybody knows when they will finishing building all the houses there. Did anybody book a house recently and what is delivery time frame they r given?

Hi,

My understanding is that the common areas will be taken in charge of the council. I am sure this must be a condition in the planning permission. I actually think this is better than having a management company. In the case of a management company you can run into problems in the event that some people cannot pay the service fee. In those circumstances the estate cannot be kept well where the money isnt there to fund the necessary services. This is not something to worry about where the Council are in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 raynor11111

Hi,
    Did you do any research on high voltage power lines that will be just few meters away from new houses when this phase is finished?
    There are huge towers there just in front of no. 1,2,3,4. Do you know if there are any plans to put them undeground? Also, playground has been located directly under power lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marwo

Hi,
    Did you do any research on high voltage power lines that will be just few meters away from new houses when this phase is finished?
    There are huge towers there just in front of no. 1,2,3,4. Do you know if there are any plans to put them undeground? Also, playground has been located directly under power lines.

This is medium voltage line 110 kV (checked on ESB site). They are about 20 meters from first houses and about 50 from the 2nd row. According to materials available online there is no certain impact documented. It should not have any serious impact. I can see houses even in Saggart built straight under the power lines (the very same line down the road). Obviously would be better to have them much further but hopefully its not much harmful. Anybody living in this estate already notices any visual or acoustic effects from those cables when its raining or very warm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andresapitt

Hi all, we booked a property in this state are we are signing contracts next week. is there any recommendation before is too late? is everybody happy overall with the state? my main concern is commuting to the city every day but it seems a lovely place to live with a lot of potential. The village could use a bit of love ( especially that abandoned land in the corner and all the empty units) but maybe with the completion of this state it will come to life.

I am looking for experiences from people already moved in, just in case we should look for something before we sign.

Also, does anybody knows who is the kitchen and wardrobes supplier?

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

These guys are kitchen and wardrobe suppliers, http://www.cawleysfurniture.ie/ they dont have kitchen website yet but do have a showroom. Pricey if you are looking to make changes but quality seems good.
    Builders are very good to deal with, well so far anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andresapitt

caze wrote: »
    These guys are kitchen and wardrobe suppliers, http://www.cawleysfurniture.ie/ they dont have kitchen website yet but do have a showroom. Pricey if you are looking to make changes but quality seems good.
    Builders are very good to deal with, well so far anyhow.
    Thank you for the reply. What about the rust on the stone. I can see that many houses are already showing rust.
    Also, has anybody requested information about the other part of the development plan. There seems to be a school and some kind of apartments planned???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 marwo

Thank you for the reply. What about the rust on the stone. I can see that many houses are already showing rust.
    Also, has anybody requested information about the other part of the development plan. There seems to be a school and some kind of apartments planned???

I was asking about the rust and was told that they are aware of this. Supplier was informed and they are protecting these slate plates now with some spray to avoid stains like this in the future. Not sure how effective its going to be.

They are planning to build on the other side of the road. maybe next year? School is in the plans also but its up to Council when.

Advertisement