Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marwo

Could anybody say please how is the acoustics in the houses? Are they well soundproofed ? Especially mid terraced houses through the side walls ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Heran

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a semi-detached E2 type in Crosforge. Before making the decision, I would like to ask for advice from your guys for the below issues I'm aware of.

1, a part of wall for all E2 properties is in neighbor's (E1's) garden. Is this going to be an issue in future, let say one day you want to fix something and need to use the wall. Do I have to ask my neighbor's permission to get in to their garden? Is there anything in the contract? I mean, what about the neighbor doesn't allow me to get in.

2, for those E2 type which already built up. I can see neighbor's (E3 or E1's) solar panel is on "my" (E2) roof. This may become a big issue if one day the neighbor want to fix/change the solar panel because to do it, they have to on my root. For my understanding all properties in the estate are free hold, how can they put someone else panel to the roof that not belong to them? I asked the EA and they said this is by "design". Is there anyone here moved into one of those E2 already? If so, how did you deal with the issue or you just allowed your neighbor's solar panel onto your roof because it's by design?

3, one of the E2 I'm looking for is 36 and it's just beside the main road and I've heard about the road will become a pubic in future. Do you think it will be a problem?

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this and I'm really appreciate if you could leave your comments for above questions to help me make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 raynor11111

Hi,
    just want to ask current homeowners about home improvements/alternations they' ve been offered by developer, ie extra tiles in kitchen, more wardrobes etc
    We want to change few small things around the house and not sure if we should wait for our keys and the get our own builder or simply just go ahead with developer's suppliers?
    What was your experience with snag list? Is there any potentialy serious problem to be aware of and how keen was developer to sort out things from your snag list?
    They seem to be nice and helpfull now before the sale is agreed but I know it might all be different when in comes to extra money they'll have to spend to fix anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Welliewalls

has anyone heard of any cancellations or are all the houses sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

well, by the looks of it they are slowing down. I was passing it by yesterday and the houses down the road when you just turn into estate are not finished at all. I was there in September and those house are exactly in the same, the construction hasn't moved at all. It is possible they are finishing other houses, however looks strange to me, as those houses are now open under this weather with no roof for 5 months.

• Advertisement

We were told that all houses are sale agreed/sold already and there is a waiting list. Might be worth checking with EA if there is any update.

We originally both 54 and then decided that 54 wasn't for us, we wanted to move our deposit to another particular house but they said it was sold, the other house was opposite the one we had reserved but to the back - thats a good point Jannise -

• Registered Users Posts: 20 micheal lumumba

Jannise

We moved in number 53 in September and since then at least 15 houses have gone up behind us. The ones your talking about are going to be the last ones built according to the builder.

Just looks strange to me, that they left those unfinished for 5 months. That doesn't add to the quality of those houses.
    But it is just my amateur opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 baileathakowal

I agree with Micheal, I also live here and everything is ok. As far as I know they are a bit ahead of schedule with phase 3. They also are very helpful with any work that needs to be done even though its half a year we're living here.

• Advertisement

well if anyone hears of any cancellations give me a shout

How good is insulation of these house with A3 BER rating?
    Is there any huge difference in bills between now and summer?
    How efficient is solar panel at this time of the year?

Any opinions on St Mary National School?
    Met school principle today, seems nice and all but the school itself looks small and a pretty old.
    Was told that new school will be open beside the church starting from Sept this year.

i don't believe that school has even started but i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9 baileathakowal

New school beside the church is under construction now. It was announced in the church last sunday. Also there is traffic managment for constraction there during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Yeah - school build started last week and is due to open sept coming.... appartely a big school so good news if you have kids. Entrance beside church and apts. The prefabs (newish ones) bedside Church is going to turned into the Church car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Akelly1962

Hi all we are buying e2 type. Think tiles are going in this week. Could someone tell me roughly what is the time frame for closing. Need to organise selling furniture etc in our existing house and booking time off work for moving. Original date was end of Feb beginning of March but now I'm told could be end of March. Many thanks. Nettie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stillhope

Hi neighbors,

we are buying an E3 in here and on the stage to sign the contract. Pls could you let me know the ETA to finish the property when the contract is done? How long does it take to finish the inside work? We were told that it takes 2-3 months (?) but looks quite long time. We are looking for a bit more accurate answer due to the same reasons like Akelly1962 :)

Also pls could you share your experience about the traffic if you work in D18 or city center? Thanks a mill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andresapitt

We bought a C3, I think?? We signed contracts the second week of January and we were given yesterday April 11th as the completion date. that doesn't mean that the close of sale will be that week. I t mean they will give us access to do our snag list and make sure everything is in order before the close of sale. It will be May before we move in.
    We did make a couple of changes that might have delayed the completion. We found the building company to be very approachable.

Hi our kitchen is going in tomorrow. Getting a few extras. Was told house should be ready mid to end of March. Hopefully we will get a more accurate date very soon. Hopefully the weather will improve soon the back garden is one pile of muck at the moment. Il have to borrow the plasters stilts for my little Yorker. Annette

Hi together,

Thanks for your answers. I hope we can sign within few days and get some accurate date then. But it looks the 2-3 months is usual in this case. Thanks again! :) Judit

• Advertisement

Hi Judith our house is nearly finished ie kitchen and wardrobes in and most if sanitary ware radiators fireplace etc but still don't have date yet. Second fix painting and solar panels really is all that us left. What no are you buying. We're probably the only grandparents in the estate haha. Regards Annette

Hi Annette,

It looks you will move in so soon :) We are buying the 45. Nothing is done inside becuase they`ll start to work on it when paper work is finished. We would expect a bit bigger garden becuase of our little "trouble-maker", but anyway can`t wait to move in. :) BR, Judit

Hi Judith that's great no 45 front garden is going to be fab well planted out. Saves you a lot of money. To be honest we were hoping for a smaller back garden less work And I was going to use some fake grass hAh. Wasnt even going to bring our lawn mower hah. Front is going to be plants and stones. Ye hopefully wel be in soon mucky back garden that's the only problem. Alan my husband went up today to see the kitchen etc. I'm on nights. Said its grand. Typical male response!! Lots to do next week on week off. Tackle the shed. Il be exhausted before I move in. 32 years of stuff to be sorted. Regards Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cakalisto

stillhope wrote: »
    Hi neighbors,

we are buying an E3 in here and on the stage to sign the contract. Pls could you let me know the ETA to finish the property when the contract is done? How long does it take to finish the inside work? We were told that it takes 2-3 months (?) but looks quite long time. We are looking for a bit more accurate answer due to the same reasons like Akelly1962 :)

Also pls could you share your experience about the traffic if you work in D18 or city center? Thanks a mill! :)

Hi Stillhope, I just moved in one of those E2 type, for me it only took 10 weeks after I paid deposit and it includes the Christmas and New Year's week. Someone else booked the property before me and then he/she cancelled the purchase and I think that's why the transaction was bit fast for me.

For your second question, I can certainly share you an idea:) I work in D18 in Sandyford, the door to door distance from my home in Crosforge to the work place is exact 20KM, I use N81 and M50 to go to work and it only takes me 30 mins. For city certer, it has less distance roughly around 17 KM and you should use N7 for sure, it takes the time around 30mins depend on how you drive. I mean I drive slow but just make sure you don't catch the peak hours:)

Stillhope, the travel time to and from city center will depend on the hour you intend to travel. I leave my house at 6.30am and reach D4 Grand Canal in about 35min. As for going back, i usually leave city center at about 4.30-5pm and it takes me about 1.10min. The traffic builds up around Long Mile Road at about 4pm and only gets better after 6.30-7pm, therefore there is no chance of getting home in 30min, unless you stay in town till 7pm or leave at 3-3.30pm

The same applies to mornings. If leave after 7am, it will take you almost an hour to get to town, as traffic starts to build up at about 7.15-7.20am. Hopefully it will get better once they finish the roadworks and open additional lanes, but usually it is pretty much the same - slow.

Hi,

Many many thanks for the answers and your feedback. We were there yesterday afternoon, and saw that they fixed the fence of the garden (door is there already) and the next 5 houses had the kitchen already in. That`s good sign anyway :)

Cakalisto, I think I will use the same route (M50+N81) and drive only 30 min because we checked a different way yesterday (even was Sunday) it took 15 minutes longer.

Jannise, thanks for let us know that traffic is better after 6-7pm from the city Center, because my husband finish around that time, so it will be good for him :)

Thanks again, Judit

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Did anyone else spot the planning permission sign at the Millrace entrance to the site? It's for another 109 houses. Went up on Feb 19th. I think it may be for the area over the grass mound opposite the original showhouses.

Not surprising really going off the speed these houses were sold!

By the way, Steve+Ash here of No. 1, one of the two Type D houses. Pleasure to meet you all!

I didnt realise that interesting. There will be no room in Jacobs pub for all of us hah. I know there building I think 4 houses at the front starting soon. We should be moving in the next few weeks. No 39. Pleased to meet you Steve and Ash. When will your house be finished. Regards Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Hi Annette! We were told end of June, beginning of July. Hoping they are on track, but they seem to be quite good when it comes to staying on schedule.

• Advertisement

Hi Annette! We were told end of June, beginning of July. Hoping they are on track, but they seem to be quite good when it comes to staying on schedule.

Great at least your garden won't be a mudbath like ours. My yorkie will sink hah. Annette

Advertisement