Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stillhope

Good evening,

We finally signed the contract few days ago :) and we are just about to ask for some changes. Is there anyone who could tell us who should we contact? E.g. change the color of the kitchen units etc. Did you ask the foreman or went to the head office? Is there anything you can choose from?

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Judit

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Hey Judit,

Karen from Anthony Neville will be sending an email/pack to you or your solicitor shortly with a list of suppliers.

We're waiting on the same pack!

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the info, so we should receive some pack within days. Pleasuse to meet you.

Judit from No.45

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Akelly1962

stillhope wrote: »
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the info, so we should receive some pack within days. Pleasuse to meet you.

Judit from No.45

Hi Judith and Stephen. That's right you get details of suppliers from Karen. I changed the tiles and had to drive with Alan hubbies to Camolin in Wexford after nightshift one morning. There was huge pressure to pick tiles that week. Ah it's all exciting times. Annette

Hi Anette,

Thanks so much for this information. So we would go to Wexford at once, if any changes needed. And your are right...it is so exciting times:)
    Thanks, Judit

• Advertisement

Hi Anette,

Thanks so much for this information. So we would go to Wexford at once, if any changes needed. And your are right...it is so exciting times:)
    Thanks, Judit

Hi Judith we signed contracts a bit late and the house was at an advanced stage so prressure was on. You'll be ok. Regards Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 11 raynor11111

This is what we got:
    Should you have any requirements to alter the kitchen or wardrobes which are scheduled to be fitted in your new home at No. 7, Crosforge, Saggart, Co. Dublin, in the immediate future, can you please arrange to contact:

Mr. David Sweeney, Cawley’s Furniture at 01 626 8182 / 01 626 8474

If for whatever reason you may wish to change the positioning of the wardrobes or add additional kitchen units can you please ensure that the plans for these are immediately forwarded to our office to ensure there is no impact on the plumbing and electrical layout.

Other relevant supplier details who you may contact directly to discuss changes are:

Details of the tile supplier:

Mr. Michael Bridgeman

Tom Doyle Supplies

Main St., Camolin, Co. Wexford

053 9383700

Details of the carpet supplier:

Mr. Tommy Kinsella

Michael Murphys

Edward St., Newbridge, Co. Kildare

045 431868

Details of the fireplace supplier are:

Mr. Peter Clifford

Clifford Fireplaces

Gardiners Lane, Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1.

01 9746457

to people who already moved in:
    Do you know how many solar tubes have been installed on your roof and what's the capacity of water tank?
    How efficient is this solar heating system at the moment?

to people who already moved in:
    Do you know how many solar tubes have been installed on your roof and what's the capacity of water tank?
    How efficient is this solar heating system at the moment?

Boiler holds 300 litres as far as I know. I read that in the boiler. Googled it and it should give 3 showers and a bath daily during summer months anyway. Happy days. 3 adults in our house and the bath Is mine hah. Jennifer keeps saying she's moving out but with such a cozy warm house think that's on the long finger!!! Should be snagging just after 17th so hopefully closing following week. Can't wait just wish I could wave a magic wand and be packed up, moved, and unpacked. Ah we'll get there. Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mariaL14

Hi!

I am also hoping to move in shortly. Has anyone any recommendations for an alarm company? Also wondering what ye did regarding the garden. Mine is all mud at the moment and dont think that will change before the sale closes. Will they definitely come back to do the landscaping after the sale closes?

Thanks for any advice in this regard,

M.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    No 16 is on sale at the moment.
    Viewing on Saturday 8th, loads of potential buyers showed up.
    This is a 3 bed semi with garden bigger then average in Crosforge.
    There seems to be a problem door frames as literally all are cracked and my concern is that all walls around door also have cracks with paint coming off. Same story with window frames and walls around them. Is this common problem in Crosforge ? This house has been built in 2012.

Oh my god that's terrible. We're moving nxt few weeks. That's not good news door frames cracking etc. anybody else got this problem? Ak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Hi,
    No 16 is on sale at the moment.
    Viewing on Saturday 8th, loads of potential buyers showed up.
    This is a 3 bed semi with garden bigger then average in Crosforge.
    There seems to be a problem door frames as literally all are cracked and my concern is that all walls around door also have cracks with paint coming off. Same story with window frames and walls around them. Is this common problem in Crosforge ? This house has been built in 2012.

Did or could the agent explain them?

Subsidence? Surely not pyrite...

GavMan wrote: »
    Did or could the agent explain them?

Subsidence? Surely not pyrite...

Which house has a lot of subsidence. Think we need some reassurance here? before signing. Ak

Akelly1962 wrote: »
    Which house has a lot of subsidence. Think we need some reassurance here? before signing. Ak

raynor11111 said No. 16

I don't know. I never viewed it. I'm merely asking the question to raynor11111 as he seems to have view it and speculating...

This is very worrying as I am supposed to be moving also. Homebond are insuring the development though and I would be surprised if they would insure a development where there was any possibility of major structural problems that they would have to pay out for.? I assume anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

i would imagine that the issue here is settling cracks probably made worse by having heating on high without proper ventilation. I'm in my place 4 months with no such issues.

My neighbours did have, but they admitted that they sealed up the vents and had heat running at full blast when they moved in thinking it would speed up the plaster drying process.

As always, if thinking of buying no 16 get some professional advice. If buying new home listen to what the builders tell you about settling in period.

Yes I hope you are right and I am sure you are because the houses from my inspections so far seem to be of high quality. Was your garden finished before you moved into your house? Ours is no where close after all the rain and just wondering what the situation will be if we close the sale now.

My garden was done but to be honest it was the wrong time of year for it and the grass is very poor, it's still very wet overall.

It will need a bit of TLC after we get a spell of dry weather.

The guys on site have been great to deal with, I'd imagine that if yours cant be levelled and seeded now then they will sort it once they can, sure ask Diarmuid or Eugene onsite and see what they say.

Thanks for your reply. I am sure they will sort it once the weather gets better.

Have you any recommendations for an alarm company? There are so many it is hard to know who to go with!

• Advertisement

subsidence - I have no idea if that's the problem that's why I've asked EA about it.
    She advised me to get structural engineer to check that before buying.

regarding gardens:
    here is a post from 2/10/2013 where Oberlus wrote:
    Well, I had a bad experience with the estate agents. My garden is downhill and they promised to level it but after 6 months living in the development, they said they would not do it. So my recommendation is to have everything in writing, do not trust everything they say, they just want to sell the houses. But of course, I am very happy with the house and the builders, no complaints about the house or them.

subsidence - I have no idea if that's the problem that's why I've asked EA about it.
    She advised me to get structural engineer to check that before buying.

Thats pretty slack from the EA, IMO. She should know what the issue is to be fully upfront with potential buyers. Totally unprofessional

regarding gardens:
    here is a post from 2/10/2013 where Oberlus wrote:
    Well, I had a bad experience with the estate agents. My garden is downhill and they promised to level it but after 6 months living in the development, they said they would not do it. So my recommendation is to have everything in writing, do not trust everything they say, they just want to sell the houses. But of course, I am very happy with the house and the builders, no complaints about the house or them.

Oberlus should probably ask the builder to level the garden for him. Of course the EA isn't going to do it.

Hi all,

Couple of days ago we saw that few of you already moved in. Congrats! :)

Did anyone have an Eircom phone line installed? How long did it take to deliver? Ordered one in Jan and still have no commit date from them, sometime April is best I can get.

Hi Just recently moved in and very happy so far! Its a lovely development and we are loving the space in the houses. We have moved from an apartment so its a big change! Sorry cant be of help regarding the post about the landline. We are having a bit of a nightmare with UPC installing the tv and broadband though. I guess we will just have to be patient!

Hi all,

Couple of days ago we saw that few of you already moved in. Congrats! :)

Hi all moved I'm a week ago. Still not completely unpacked. Blooming hard work at our age hah. Will have to give myself a snag list ruined a few walls moving stuff around and have to repaint skirtings after laying floors. Cooked for the first time tonight n a few Vinos. Very happy

Hi Akelly,

I am the same as you. Loads of unpacking still to be done! Have you had any trouble with UPC? They are being extremely slow with us. We phoned them 2 weeks ago and still no sign of them! Really missing the tv and internet now!

mariaL14 wrote: »
    Hi Akelly,

I am the same as you. Loads of unpacking still to be done! Have you had any trouble with UPC? They are being extremely slow with us. We phoned them 2 weeks ago and still no sign of them! Really missing the tv and internet now!
    Ah tell me about it. We won't have it till next week wed or thurs. what no are you in? We're 39. Regards Annette

We're still waiting too for UPC. Does anyone know anything about the 9 houses being built out front if estate. Not getting much info. Just curious as to know if they are the same type of houses, are they sold and what price they are. I was told they were 3 storeys with balconies. Don't know if that's true. Annette

• Advertisement

See this link from SDCC planning site for info on the site layout and house plans...5 of them are 3 story

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD13A/0220

dont think these ones were released for sale yet but could be wrong.

Advertisement