Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Akelly1962

Be careful when moving your stuff in and been diligent with snag list. I have a chip in the bath and don't know if it was done by workmen or ourselves on moving day. It was such a rush getting out if our house to here we could have done it. Any ideas on repairing it. Also noticed some chips in our floor tiles downstairs. It's annoying cos it's a new build. I'm probably the one person who will notice it. My god it was tough moving still recovering. Think we need to keep opening the windows too lots if moisture around the house still after a week. One big problem is the ensuite which has no window. It really gets steamed up even with the fan and the paintwork us not moisture proof. Think wel have to put up bathroom board in walls or tile the whole thing. Otherwise after all that very happy with the house.

Be careful when moving your stuff in and been diligent with snag list. I have a chip in the bath and don't know if it was done by workmen or ourselves on moving day. It was such a rush getting out if our house to here we could have done it. Any ideas on repairing it. Also noticed some chips in our floor tiles downstairs. It's annoying cos it's a new build. I'm probably the one person who will notice it. My god it was tough moving still recovering. Think we need to keep opening the windows too lots if moisture around the house still after a week. One big problem is the ensuite which has no window. It really gets steamed up even with the fan and the paintwork us not moisture proof. Think wel have to put up bathroom board in walls or tile the whole thing. Otherwise after all that very happy with the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stillhope

Hi Anette,

It`s so good to hear that you are happy there, and thanks for the advice in regards of the moving & snaglist. We` ll able to move in just around end of June, probably be one of the last ones... can`t wait :)
    BR, Judit

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Hi all,

Moving in next month. FINALLY! One quick favour to ask of anyone willing. Would someone be able to private message me their landline number? Vodafone have a good broadband offer at the moment, and I was looking to get the speed tested, but our landline isn't in yet. If I could get one of your speeds tested, it would at least give me a rough idea.

I won't be keeping numbers or anything like that!! I'm an honest guy! I know it's a weird request

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bmoloney

Hi,
    I'm writing because my wife and I are having trouble with the house insurance and we're wondering if anyone else had the same. The Mortgage provider (AIB) are saying that the address is Co. Dublin while the Insurer (FBD) are saying it's Dublin 24. AIB have this as an outstanding issue before they can issue the cheque and asked that FBD change it. FBD say that they use an independent body/system to generate the addresses (they have some kind of registry for flooding etc) and they can't change what shows on the system. Has anyone else had this issue?

Would I be advised to go to another insurer? Not sure if they all use the same independent system for addresses though.

Thanks, we should be moving into number 2 in the coming weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Dublin 24 is correct, traditionally Rathcoole and Saggart were Co. Dublin but quite some years ago, about 7 or 8, An Post expanded the Dublin 24 post code to include both and they where consumed into the Dublin 24 post code.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/AnPostDM/ProductsAndServices/Publicity+Post/DublinDeliveryZones/Dublin+Delivery+Zones.htm

Seems it was abolished completely in 2008:
    http://southcountydublin.forumforus.com/List+of+Dublin+postal+districts

Just don't mention that is Rathcoole, you might be lynched :-)

We're number 1, hi neighbour!

That's an odd one. We went with KBC and they use Zurich for their home insurance, and we just happened to be going with Zurich anyway (have car insurance with them, no issues). We haven't had any such trouble with them.

I see this was from a week ago, hope you got sorted.

Oh really were d24. Interesting!! My car insurance wAs cheaper as I said it was co dublin. House Sold as co Dublin. Wonder what the next phase will be called. Anyway soon we will all have individual post addresses so all that will be obselete!! Regards Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wooot

CROSFORGE is Saggart Co.Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

Can I ask a question? Crossforge literally sold out in weeks/months, but what stuck out for me was the lack of parking spaces, no front garden etc. I bought a house with a very similar layout, and then had to sell because once the place was fully occupied there was vandalism and key scratching to cars because people designated "their" own car parking spot and God help you if you had two cars or more. I'm Just wondering has anyone thought of the impact of 2 or 3 cars in a household. Or do they have overflow zones?

Not trying to be negative, but I had experience of this first hand, so after that I bought a house with a driveway and swore Id never put myself in that situation again.

• Advertisement

Hi I was wondering for a friend of mine who is interested in next phase 2015. She's interested in e2 type if there built likes the look on the outside but was wondering if it is possible to do attic room despite the builder saying no. I said it wouldn't be very high but builder friend of mine said it was possible if steel was put in. I believe there's no planning permission in place yet. Maybe someone hear can enlighten me. It will be interesting to see what price they will be. These houses were certainly good value. Hate them settlement cracks though looking forward to redecorating. Hope everyone is settled in nicely. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7 akunz

Hi all,
    This is now the second time someone has tried to break into our home in Crosforge. After the previous time, I erected some surveillance cameras, and caught them this time on camera.

I have uploaded some snips from the video taken. The images are not all that clear, but I am sure this will help Garda as well. We have notice a significant increase in issues since the barriers around the playground has been removed, used by teenagers to have parties on the weekend. We have contacted Anthony Neville about this as well, but to no avail.

Since the teenagers has been using the playground, we actually heard the voices this morning, but thought it was the teenagers in the playground.

If you see anything suspicious, please contact the Garda, as they are well aware of the burglaries in our and surrounding areas. My neighbours motorbike got stolen a few months ago as well.

Very disappointed!

Just sent you a private message there Akunz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

Really Sorry to hear that. is it Crosforge teenagers occupying the playground or outsiders?

I saw the teenagers tonight. Maybe one should notify the gardai in rathcoole. After all there are young children in the area trying to sleep. Not in my case but I know there are children all along the road in front. Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 7 akunz

Annette,
    Completely agree. I do not mind the children playing in the playground, for which it was build. The issue is with the teenagers.
    I have been onto Anthony Neville about this before, for various reasons, one of them was when we bought the house, there was no mention of a playground on any of our plans or documents, so needless to say, it was a huge disappointment for us, when we did our first site visit, to see a playground in-front of our house. We picked our house, because it would have been peaceful, but were we wrong! (We do not have any children).

I would be of the opinion that we all email Anthony Neville, and raise out concerns. The street lamp in our driveway lights up the park (and out bedroom) constantly, perhaps that needs to move? I am completely open for suggestions, I have not called the Garda yet, but will be doing so from now on, that said, I met a Garda the other day when I was out flying, and he mentioned that there is an increase in burglaries in Rathcoole, Saggart and Citywest, they have deployed a few unmarked Garda cars to patrol the streets.

I have to state this again, I do not mind when kids are playing in the playground, that is why it was build, and its for them to play in, its the teenagers that is starting to use the playground as an get together to scream, vandalise, drink and do whatever they do, including trespassing onto my property and having parties on my lawn.

Just slightly frustrated....

Hi that's terrible that you have to endure that on your doorstep. Think we need to set up a crosforge residents committee. Not everyone is aware of this forum. Just to make everyone aware of what's going on. Tbh contacting Anthony neville is to no avail. We've still unresolved issues since we moved in at end if march. It's not really his problem. It's a social issue. I'm going to speak with the gardai in rathcoole and see what they say can be done. If they remove the alcohol enough times from these teenagers I'm sure they will find another drinking venue. I was just saying to my friend recently it's so quiet living here. Perhaps I was wrong. Have to say I haven't heard the noise so far but for you it must be so annoying can you borrow a pit bull terrier for a night n set him on them!! Ah no all joking aside it must be so annoying. Regards Annette

Just heard tonight from security man that the new 5 bed terraced houses are going on sale fir 350k. That's good news. Don't kniw what size they are but I suspect the bedroom that was originally a large room on the third floor is going to be made into 2 rooms. Seems a good price increase. Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Does anybody know when is the next release? Asked Frank Knight (the agent) but no response... I can see they're listing the property on daft.ie but nothing specific there...

damanloox wrote: »
    Does anybody know when is the next release? Asked Frank Knight (the agent) but no response... I can see they're listing the property on daft.ie but nothing specific there...

Just saw on my home .ie launch is 8th nov. Says 3 and 4 bed not 5 as I was told. It will be interesting to see the price. It's called crosforge close Annette

• Advertisement

Jannise wrote: »
    Just looks strange to me, that they left those unfinished for 5 months. That doesn't add to the quality of those houses.
    But it is just my amateur opinion :)

Which houses were left unfinished? I hope not those they're selling now (Crosforge Close)...

Hi went to see show house at the weekend which I'm sure those of us who are nosy like me did!! Interesting ok the 3 story show house is gorgeous bit at 375k for show house ?? These prices bode well for us that bought here. I know the 3 storey with balcony is amazing but there is no window in main bathroom and tiny kitchen. Downstairs does not match upstairs and the sloped north facing gardens at starting price of 325k. What does everybody else think ? Regards

Methinks moving to saggart was deffo a good move. Regards

The houses are really nice (although yes - downstairs could be nicer I guess ;)) but 325k is a bit high (I think). The houses are facing the road which will become busy sooner or later (100 houses to be built on the other side of the road and it will also connect Millrace to Saggart). Really wanted to buy at Crosforge but 325k is a bit high for me. I wish I had made my mind up 10 months earlier ;)
    I'm pretty sure the houses will sell pretty quickly - considering the amount of potential buyers that were there on Saturday ;)

I wasn't going to move to a new build as our children are all grown up and gone. But have to say we love living in crosforge. We bought at the last minute in November last 3 bed semi double fronted 1370sq ft for 250k so thanks to my husbands persistence did pay off tg. Always a risk at our age. Neighbours are lovely as is the area. I still think buying now would be a good move as the next few phases will surely increase in price. If you decide to buy in next phase as these are sold out apart from the show house I'm sure you will not regret it. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pastyj

Hi I've recently moved into Crosforge and foolishly signed up with Greyhound for our bin collections. I've had nothing but trouble with them. I've noticed a few bins from Thorntons around. Is this who the majority of Crosforge residents are with? Are they reliable? We've 2 fulls bins at the minute because of Greyhounds poor service!

We're with Greyhound ourselves and have had difficulties also. Also think a change might be in order

Does anyone use Advance Waste Recycling Ltd.? Looks like they charge €8 pay per lift, free green bin and do weekly collections. They charge a once off €35 per bin. They're based in Saggart so hoping they'll be fairly reliable.

Hi and welcome dear crosforger! We use greyhound and they are fairly reliable and quite cheap in fairness. Until now 😳 they didbt pick up last week as it was St patricks day. Quick call today and sorted. Overlooked us last sat. Will pick up this week and I know they will. Regards Annette

• Advertisement

Thanks Annette, we're delighted to be moved in :). Unfortunately we haven't had the same level of service from Greyhound so we're looking to switch. Just need to decide whether to go with advance waste recycling or Thorntons. any advice from fellow Crosforgers welcome!

Advertisement