Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosforge, Saggart

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stillhope

pastyj wrote: »
    Hi I've recently moved into Crosforge and foolishly signed up with Greyhound for our bin collections. I've had nothing but trouble with them. I've noticed a few bins from Thorntons around. Is this who the majority of Crosforge residents are with? Are they reliable? We've 2 fulls bins at the minute because of Greyhounds poor service!
    Hi and welcome, we are with thorntons and no issue with them. They had delay only once (2 days) in the last 9 months. Online topup service is so handy also and give visibility all the time. When we check the services, this was the cheapest, but I, dont know the current prices. They always coming to here on fridays:) price:€9 for the black bin and free green bin. The Brown bin is € 4.50. They are collecting the bins every week but first week green bin, next week black and brown bin. If I remember correctly €50 was the sing up last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Akelly1962

Thanks Annette, we're delighted to be moved in :). Unfortunately we haven't had the same level of service from Greyhound so we're looking to switch. Just need to decide whether to go with advance waste recycling or Thorntons. any advice from fellow Crosforgers welcome!

Another tip. Keep
    Your house well ventilated. We had major priblems with mildew in wardrobes and kitchen presses as have others Sorted now I hope permantly. We've since fully tiled the ensuite as we have no exterior window in it and I feel steam was getting into the walls with matt paint on the walls. Keep vents open etc. love saggart and living here. Only problem
    There have been a few break ins lately. Ensure you have a good alarm fitted. It happens quite a lot in new houses. We found our shed door open one morning.

Regards

Annette

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oberlus

Hi,

I think I was one of the first ones moving to Crosforge. I have been living here for 2 years and a half and always with Thortons, no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pastyj

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for all of the advice, really appreciate it. Good to know we have nice neighbors!

Annette, I had read on this forum about the cracks etc from lack of ventilation but not mildew so thanks for the heads up. I think the builders have tried to tackle the cracks as every room in my house has a at least one vent bar the hot press/utility room and they can't be closed! the matt paint is a major pain so that's on our list to fix eventually!

Thanks for the heads up too on the breaks ins. An alarm was one of the first things we got installed along with security lights. We're a corner house so security is a concern. Hopefully the breaks in stop. I seen there is a Saggart residents association page on Facebook, maybe they could post something if they hear of any more break ins.

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for all of the advice, really appreciate it. Good to know we have nice neighbors!

Annette, I had read on this forum about the cracks etc from lack of ventilation but not mildew so thanks for the heads up. I think the builders have tried to tackle the cracks as every room in my house has a at least one vent bar the hot press/utility room and they can't be closed! the matt paint is a major pain so that's on our list to fix eventually!

Thanks for the heads up too on the breaks ins. An alarm was one of the first things we got installed along with security lights. We're a corner house so security is a concern. Hopefully the breaks in stop. I seen there is a Saggart residents association page on Facebook, maybe they could post something if they hear of any more break ins.

Don't talk to me about cracks I'm 'cracking up'. Can't wait to redecorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Just a heads up to all on this thread, myself and my partner noticed a man walking around the estate looking into houses (from the path, not directly into them). When he spotted my fiance looking at him, he did a 180 and walked back the way he came, which was oddly timed.

I just went outside to find our side gate open. This has happened before from the wind, but it wasn't that windy today.

Just for everyone to make sure all is locked up and alarmed tonight

3 break ins in the past few days in the estate inc mine. All happening mid morning. It's just awful and we need to stop it. We've told as many people as possible about it. So please notify gardai in rathcoole of any suspicious activity. Annette

So sorry to hear that Annette. Did they take much?
    A neighbor of mine in crosforge close called in to tell me today she was one of the houses broken into around 1p.m on Friday. Shocking considering how close her house is to the building site. She said there is a meeting in Jacob's pub on Monday at 8pm. Please spread the word.
    A man from citywest security stopped me today as well outside my house warning me about the break ins. He said there is a whatsapp group of residents of crosforge that keep in touch about stuff like this. Hopefully the details will be shared on Monday.

I'll be attending that meeting so. I think a Whatsapp group is a great idea

I'll be attending that meeting so. I think a Whatsapp group is a great idea

Great will be there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DesireeG

Hi, my husband will be attending the meeting as well. We will be installing safety grilles for the patio doors as well. I think that a Whatsapp group is a great idea. I have been told as well about a website about Crosforge were also few people in our estate are part of, have you heard about it?

I'm not familiar with it myself.

I presume all will be revealed on Monday evening

I heard about it about it and was told the web address is Crosforge.ie but that didn't work.

3 neighbours called to my house today to mention the meeting again and to let me know there was another break in this morning but I think they were disturbed this time. Not sure if they got away with anything. I know one of the houses had the glass part of their back door smashed Triggering the alarm but the thieves were gone with plenty of valuables before they got home.
    I haven't left the house empty since hearing and am working from home tomorrow just to be sure.

Make sure to lock up safely, put alarms on and put keys out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 raynor

Hi,
    I've created facebook page facebook.com/crosforge for our residents.
    I can't log in to website that was mentioned during yesterday's meeting.
    I think more ppl would use fb then boards.ie and we can post regular updates including screenshots from cctv.

eve26ie wrote: »
    A 3 bed semi is 225k its 245k with the attic converted no???

Hi personally I think what's app is better as it's closed forum. We don't want to be saying too much. I joined the crosforge forum witjout any problems on boards.ie. "Somebody" could join fb under alias name n get a heads up on what's happening. At least with the whats app we need names n ph nos to join.

Might be no harm having some things visible on Facebook...for example, that we're starting a neighbourhood watch. We'll need to be careful what we post on it as it's publicly visible like this!
    How do private groups work on Facebook? Might be something else we can try. Whatsapp would mean every one sharing phone numbers some people might not want to. I've requested a log in to the crosforge.com forum is this is another option.

Has anyone installed security film on their windows? just wondering if it's worthwhile? I've been looking up ways to improve security and want to get wall spikes installed...with my neighbours permission.

There's a company called stoptheburglar.ie that do a free home security audit. The owner is around Crosforge later as I think one or two people have phoned him already.

Might be no harm having some things visible on Facebook...for example, that we're starting a neighbourhood watch. We'll need to be careful what we post on it as it's publicly visible like this!
    How do private groups work on Facebook? Might be something else we can try. Whatsapp would mean every one sharing phone numbers some people might not want to. I've requested a log in to the crosforge.com forum is this is another option.

Has anyone installed security film on their windows? just wondering if it's worthwhile? I've been looking up ways to improve security and want to get wall spikes installed...with my neighbours permission.

There's a company called stoptheburglar.ie that do a free home security audit. The owner is around Crosforge later as I think one or two people have phoned him already.

We have a whats app forum just set up already. There are quite a number of people on it so far. Would be interested to kniw about the stuff you put on windiws. We replaced our broken one with laminated glass but as we have two exits via windows in our sitting room we would be ok re insurance in the case of a house fire. That is something you have to think about. One windiw cost me 280 euros.

Would love permanent walls ie concrete ones which we could attach spikes to. These wooden fences are not great.

that seems fairly pricey for one window! The film I was looking at was on windowfilm.ie

I'm looking to add prikka spikes to my walls. Only one of them is the a wooden fence, the other 2 are concrete, hoping my neighbours won't mind them being added. Some of the prikka strips look fairly thin so they might work on top of fence too.

Does the whatapp group cover all of Crosforge or is it just your street?

that seems fairly pricey for one window! The film I was looking at was on windowfilm.ie

I'm looking to add prikka spikes to my walls. Only one of them is the a wooden fence, the other 2 are concrete, hoping my neighbours won't mind them being added. Some of the prikka strips look fairly thin so they might work on top of fence too.

Does the whatapp group cover all of Crosforge or is it just your street?

It's for anyone to join. My windiw was smashed with the breakin. The whole door glass had to be replaced. I went for the laminated double glaze unit as it was ready within 24 hours. It was 280 to replace the whole unit with laminated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

Hey All

I was looking at a house over the weekend in Crosforge, i dont know the area at all so i hoping you maybe able to help!

Firstly i have read some of the posts about break-ins, have these stopped or is it still on going?

Some of the house seem to have rust coming out of the front walls any idea what it is or can it been cleaned, have you found that there have been settlement cracks in the house?

Do any of you use public transport into town, if so what type the 69X seems good but if you miss it how long does it take.

And finally how have you found living in the area?

Thanks
    Anthony

Advertisement