Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year old hairloss post tonsillectomy

Options
  • 18-05-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

My 4 year old daughter had her tonsils out and gromits put in about 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I noticed her hair was falling out and this has gotten progressively worse to the extent I brought her to our GP Monday. He diagnosed telogen effluvium and said that it would rectify itself over time.

My query is to any other parents who's children may have experiences this, did you give your child a Multivitamin?? I'm thinking of giving her one but can't decide between centrium or pharmatron kiddi? Or maybe there's a better one I'm not aware of?

I'm not looking for any medical advice as my gp has fully explained the condition to me so I know it has to run its course but I would like advice from other parents on what multivitamins they have used, what's the best way you have found for getting the child to take them?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Floradix for kids is excellent also!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jkrowling

marley123 wrote: »
    Floradix for kids is excellent also!
    Thanks I've actually never heard of that one. I'll check my local pharmacy tomorrow.

Advertisement