If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a 42" TV

Options
  • 18-05-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys!

I am in the market for a 42" TV, and I would like to have the following on it:

- passive 3D
    - full HD
    - saorview
    - freesat
    - something that would be great for watching sports and movies on
    - HDMI and USB connections

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jj73 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I am in the market for a 42" TV, and I would like to have the following on it:

- passive 3D
    - full HD
    - saorview
    - freesat
    - something that would be great for watching sports and movies on
    - HDMI and USB connections

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Jj,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can meet most of those specs. My only problem is I don't have any TVs with Freesat that use passive 3D technology. :(

Would a seperate Freesat box be an option? We stock a Humax with a 500GB hard drive.

I've got a lovely new shiny TV from LG that meets all the spec (minus Freesat) It's the new LG LM620T currently priced at £689.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

This uses passive 3D and comes with 4 pairs of glasses in the box, extra glasses are dirt cheap if you need them. :)

It's a full HD 400hz screen so perfect for handling motion. This will make all your movies, games and sports look amazing!!

Most of the new LG models are Saorview approved so no problem picking that up.

You're not lost for connections with this beaut. 4 HDMI, 3 USB (most I've ever seen on a TV) and 1 scart.

Also with 1 of those USB ports you can actually record on to an external hard drive. This is such a handy feature. And ofcourse the USB inputs will play back all your favorite music, movies and photos.

This is also a smart TV so you'll have the likes of Youtube, Facebook and a web browser also. This TV will need to access to your home network for net access via ethernet cable or an optional wireless dongle.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Hi Chris!

How much is this in euros and do you have one for pick up in your Dublin store?

jj73 wrote: »
    Hi Chris!

How much is this in euros and do you have one for pick up in your Dublin store?

Hi Jj,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The Euro price would be €884.55. Unfortunately the Philips Shop closed back there in February. :(

I no longer have anywhere in Dublin for collection. I could have it sent directly to your front door from our warehouse for an extra £30 / €38.46.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

I forgot to mention this screen also comes with a free 5 year warranty worth £68.99 / €88.44.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Hi Chris! PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm after the same options (freeview, freesat and saorview not important) but in a 46- 50". Only thing I cant seem to find on the specs is whether it will play files off the network through the ethernet? I have an iomega NAS that I store everything on and at the moment I have to use the PS3 to play them. With the new TV I want to eliminate the need to have the PS3 runnign all the time.

• Advertisement

I'm after the same options (freeview, freesat and saorview not important) but in a 46- 50". Only thing I cant seem to find on the specs is whether it will play files off the network through the ethernet? I have an iomega NAS that I store everything on and at the moment I have to use the PS3 to play them. With the new TV I want to eliminate the need to have the PS3 runnign all the time.

Hi Meo,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I've only this left in the 32-37 size.

I do have another Alphason stand which is pretty similar. Check the link below for a pic and info:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_322022001599MISC_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Home+%26amp%3B+furniture

I can offer this stand for just £139.95.

Got these in stock and ready to go if you're interested.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.