Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where Can I Buy a Case for My Brother Pin Collection

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Moved from After Hours.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Moved from After Hours.

sorry about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I put all my pins on a spare T-shirt and hang it on the wall. Cheap and cheerful and quite the talking point in the house :P

I put all my pins on a spare T-shirt and hang it on the wall. Cheap and cheerful and quite the talking point in the house :P

good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Our Anime society had a pokemon online tournament some time back and for the prize we commissioned an artist to create the 8 kanto badges along with a case to hold all of them. They weren't cheap but they looked perfect and much better than those Etsy ones. I'm sure if you were interested I could put you, or anyone else in touch with her, but know it'll likely cost 80+ euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Well, I saw these on Etsy too. Also the Unova badges, and I'll assume the ones that the OP got are the same size.

The display case looks like a simple watch or fancy pen case. Surely you could find one of them lying around.
    Or even a plain pencil tin, I think they still make those. Bit of cardboard in there, maybe a printout glued on top, boom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Our Anime society had a pokemon online tournament some time back and for the prize we commissioned an artist to create the 8 kanto badges along with a case to hold all of them. They weren't cheap but they looked perfect and much better than those Etsy ones. I'm sure if you were interested I could put you, or anyone else in touch with her, but know it'll likely cost 80+ euro.

Any pics of these?
    Properly made metal badges is something I've kind of wanted for years. I've just never found any worth paying for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

CianRyan wrote: »
    Any pics of these?
    Properly made metal badges is something I've kind of wanted for years. I've just never found any worth paying for.

If you want to do it yourself, you could use metal clay. There's a bit of a learning curve, but if you've got any experience with sculpting at all, should be no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Urizen wrote: »
    If you want to do it yourself, you could use metal clay. There's a bit of a learning curve, but if you've got any experience with sculpting at all, should be no problem.

Hmm, it's food for thought but sculpting was my weakest point in art. :o

I've always liked the idea of getting a jeweller to make some cuff links but that'd probably cost an absolute bomb. Hahaha

Edit: NOM!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I was any good at stuff like sculpting with metal clay, first thing I'd make is an Imperial Aquila pendant from Warhammer 40k >_>

• Advertisement

Urizen wrote: »
    Well, I saw these on Etsy too. Also the Unova badges, and I'll assume the ones that the OP got are the same size.

The display case looks like a simple watch or fancy pen case. Surely you could find one of them lying around.
    Or even a plain pencil tin, I think they still make those. Bit of cardboard in there, maybe a printout glued on top, boom.

fancy pen box or a necklase case that a great idea many thanks yeah he has all gym leaders badges so far

cant wait to buy to buy the new ones from black white 2

still cant find what im looking for :(

Advertisement