Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to Locate a Missing Fiat X19 Reg RZW275

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

galwaytt wrote: »

LOL, so, you think the battery in the tracker will still work, in parked car, in 15 years time ? I'd like the name of that battery co, btw........ ;):D

Is that not a realistic assumption :eek:

I want me money back so.

The cheek of people selling trackers that don't track !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

I think I read that the fiat was left outside the house so outside in the elements for 15 years to any car is going to let the rust bug do it's thing, especially as the x19 were susceptible to rust.
    I'd say the car has long being scrapped, might even has happened before scrap prices started going up and the mechanic could have had to pay to get it taken away.
    Good luck with the search if you continue it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just a quick update, finally confirmed the car is still registered in my name and I was able to ascertain the surname of the mechanic involved. I appreciate the advice from genuine users and got some amusement from the less than sincere trollers on this site.

Referring back to my original post for those smart arses, I accepted responsibility for leaving this go on so long but as explained I moved abroad, the mechanic sold up, a few years had passed, I left it alone but only recently discovered the log book to find out the car was still registered on the system, my initial concern was the car was still on the road, perhaps had fines etc or perhaps the car had been sold on. The mechanic made no efforts to make contact despite by close friendship with his direct neighbors (this was how I found him in the first place), for all those experts, the mechanic was legally required to scrap the car if it was the case he attempted to locate me (which he did not). Whilst the mechanic has since long moved and despite having his full name, it will be near impossible to locate him and the Gardai have advised reporting the car stolen. Whilst initially motivated to regularize the situation, insuring the car was not being driven in my name, I admit it would be nice to get it back albeit probably a rust bucket by now. I do not think the mechanic sold on the car or has had it on the road. It was worth a try to see if the car or he could be located. Thanks again!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just a quick update, finally confirmed the car is still registered in my name and I was able to ascertain the surname of the mechanic involved. I appreciate the advice from genuine users and got some amusement from the less than sincere trollers on this site.

Referring back to my original post for those smart arses, I accepted responsibility for leaving this go on so long but as explained I moved abroad, the mechanic sold up, a few years had passed, I left it alone but only recently discovered the log book to find out the car was still registered on the system, my initial concern was the car was still on the road, perhaps had fines etc or perhaps the car had been sold on. The mechanic made no efforts to make contact despite by close friendship with his direct neighbors (this was how I found him in the first place), for all those experts, the mechanic was legally required to scrap the car if it was the case he attempted to locate me (which he did not). Whilst the mechanic has since long moved and despite having his full name, it will be near impossible to locate him and the Gardai have advised reporting the car stolen. Whilst initially motivated to regularize the situation, insuring the car was not being driven in my name, I admit it would be nice to get it back albeit probably a rust bucket by now. I do not think the mechanic sold on the car or has had it on the road. It was worth a try to see if the car or he could be located. Thanks again!

You have his full name and still can't find him. I would say that would not be impossible. I dobut their are many mechanics who operate in Ireland with the exact same name.
    If he was able to restore cars as in the case of your X19 it is likely that he would be known to classic car enthusiasts here,

Carazy wrote: »
    You have his full name and still can't find him. I would say that would not be impossible. I doubt their are many mechanics who operate in Ireland with the exact same name.
    If he was able to restore cars as in the case of your X19 it is likely that he would be known to classic car enthusiasts here,

Thanks Carazy,

Unfortunately the mechanic was not especially involved in the classic car market, this was initially an engine work assignment, restoration work such as Body work, spraying, sourcing parts etc was done elsewhere or by myself.

As regards locating this chap, all I have is his previous address (some 13 years or so old), his previous neighbors advised he moved to meath somewhere but no one has a precise location. I don't want to trawl through phone books etc to track this chap down and as he previously worked from his home, its doubtful he is a registered business if you get my drift.

Reporting the car stolen (missing) is not my preferred course of action but my concerns are if the car is or has been sold on and its on the roads, legally as the registered owner I could be liable. I sincerely doubt the car has been sold or is on the road, perhaps it was sold for parts etc, however the fact it is still registered and in my name, its a worry.

As an aside, I have put a notice of various XI9 fan sites, forums etc but there was no joy sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

you deserve to be trolled.gob****e:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

dutchcat wrote: »

You've been banned numerous times from this forum. You're just back from a 3 month ban and you still can't keep it civil. This time you are out for good.

dutchcat wrote: »
    Good man dutchcat, predictability is such a sad thing. I take it my subtle reference to experts such as yourself in my last post ruffled your feathers somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ngk74

Did you manage to track down the car yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dempo1 wrote: »
    As regards locating this chap, all I have is his previous address (some 13 years or so old), his previous neighbors advised he moved to meath somewhere but no one has a precise location. I don't want to trawl through phone books etc to track this chap down and as he previously worked from his home, its doubtful he is a registered business if you get my drift.

You now know his full name and that he lives in Meath - have you tried a regular 04 phone book?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ngk74

Maybe somewhat of a long shot, but you could ring around the motor factors in Meath - if he is still a mechanic, someone will probably know him or of him ...

ngk74 wrote: »
    Did you manage to track down the car yet?
    Unfortunately not, see final update post, the one prior to our tolling friend who thankfully has been banned. Thanks

ngk74 wrote: »
    Maybe somewhat of a long shot, but you could ring around the motor factors in Meath - if he is still a mechanic, someone will probably know him or of him ...
    Not a bad suggestion, might be worth a shot

Advertisement