Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will an Amazon phone work with UPC?

• 18-05-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

I plan to order a Panasonic KX-TG6621 family cordless DECT home telephone as today I've ordered the UPC phone system (I already have UPC broadband & digital TV)

Does anyone know if a UK phone will work with the UPC system?

Thanks
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm pretty sure you need a VOIP phone for UPC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Juran wrote: »
    I plan to order a Panasonic KX-TG6621 family cordless DECT home telephone as today I've ordered the UPC phone system (I already have UPC broadband & digital TV)

Does anyone know if a UK phone will work with the UPC system?

Thanks
    J.
    You'll need UK to Irish phone socket adapters - assuming they're not included in the box already. You can pick them up in the likes of Argos or Powercity cheap enough if they're not included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Any regular phone will work with UPC. A VOIP phone is a different thing, and not suitable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

homer911 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you need a VOIP phone for UPC...

The UPC modem has a built in ATA (Analogue Terminal Adapter) which supplies a standard phoneline socket and service through UPCs backend VoIP system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You'll be fine. I got a Panasonic KX-TG6621EB from them. No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Juran

Thanks everyone, in particular Mountjoy Mugger ... I'll def order one today from Amazon.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Juran wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, in particular Mountjoy Mugger ... I'll def order one today from Amazon.

I know someone that has the Quad set, they work with UPC alright ,
    the only problem (might be the same with other telcos), and it is not a significant problem, but if you are on the phone to someone,
    and someone else rings you, they DON't get an engaged tone,
    the line keeps ringing as if you are refusing to answer the call or no-one is home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I know someone that has the Quad set, they work with UPC alright ,
    the only problem (might be the same with other telcos), and it is not a significant problem, but if you are on the phone to someone,
    and someone else rings you, they DON't get an engaged tone,
    the line keeps ringing as if you are refusing to answer the call or no-one is home.
    ah no just double-checked, it's ok, they since sorted it out.
    Something to do with a split in the line they had within the house,
    so no, it works perfectly now - sorry :o

Advertisement