Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect Bill Package

Options
  • 18-05-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi

Since the 9th of March when we first ordered from yourselves online we have had countless problems with Eircom. It has to be honest an absolute nightmare. First of all our address couldnt be found on your system, our village was never heard of by the technican, the 'technician' went to the wrong place 50 miles away and never conntacted us again, while we waited to hear more for 10 days, we've had to chase our order continuously. Then our original online order had to be cancelled and a new one was created, while this was done in the office the technician seemed to still be operating off the original order number. After NUMEROUS complaints we got a phoneline, however the technician NEVER informed the right people we had a line after me explaining to him we needed broadband so we could work from home :mad: So when I rang to see what was happening I was told we would have to wait a further 5 working days and the weekend to get broadband. So finally we got our full order processed a month later the 9th of April after having to go through the whole process of ordering phone and BB over the phone and telling what we needed again. Then one day a technician without any contact with us arrives outside our door asking if we have a phone line and I said we do and hesaid it must be a duplicate order and left, he had been outside for a while before I could answer the door. How he found us I dont know after all the hassle we had originally. Half an hour later I go to my computer and there's no connection, I check the phone no connection, we ring the fault through and are told it would take 3 working days, its wednesday 12pm. My husband HAD to work from home on Friday. Rang BB support on Thursday as was getting nowhere with fault people and an appointment was made with 'technician' to be AT OUR HOUSE AT 8:30 AM Friday, 8:30 no show, 9:30 NO SHOW, 10:30, NO SHOW and then at 10:45 we get a call, while I was ringing asking where is the technician. He goes outside to where the line comes into the house and the connection was disconnected by the guy who was here on Wednesday and didnt bother to ensure he had everything back right for us after messing with the line. I am a patient person and up to meeting the last technician I was contacting COMREG, GRANT THORNTON and anyone else I could, but the technician was the most down to earth and helpful I had encountered in this order and he didnt deserve to be dragged into this mess. Now we have received two bills, one for a line we were never connected to and shows a zero balance, fine the other shows that we are on the wrong package, now this is our second bill, the first I hadnt time to look at and with all the messing I couldnt take any more EIRCOM. One thing we noted was that nobody could find our original order we completed online, however you managed to find our bank account details and set up the direct debit, although we had held off posting in our direct debit mandate :confused: so now to our bill. I had told the people processing our order that as the Service had not been delivered within your service delivery timeframe we were entitled to two months free line rental, this was to be told to a supervisor. My husband spoke to someone in your office after our first bill and was told to ignore the first bill we got and that the second bill would come and that we would be getting the first two months line free. Now to the matter that when we ordered online we signed up for free line connection and there was a waiver on the €30 BB connection and we signed up for the EIRCOM TAlktime TALK PEAK - ie that we had free national calls during the daytime and evening, we have been charged for our calls as whoever posted our order over the phone put us on the eircom Talk OFF-PEAK, our bill is EXTREMELY confusing. We have a once off charge for a Wifi modem €24.38, however a modem has not been supplied by you to us in 2012, a miscellaneous customer charter of -€41.92. I could go on. Our first bill was for €31.92 which was paid by direct debit. I would appreciate it if someone would look into this entire mess, I will PM account details, but had to share my experience with people. It has been extremely frustrating and timeconsuming. I now know why people say EIRCOM, sigh and shake their heads in disgust!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi

Since the 9th of March when we first ordered from yourselves online we have had countless problems with Eircom. It has to be honest an absolute nightmare. First of all our address couldnt be found on your system, our village was never heard of by the technican, the 'technician' went to the wrong place 50 miles away and never conntacted us again, while we waited to hear more for 10 days, we've had to chase our order continuously. Then our original online order had to be cancelled and a new one was created, while this was done in the office the technician seemed to still be operating off the original order number. After NUMEROUS complaints we got a phoneline, however the technician NEVER informed the right people we had a line after me explaining to him we needed broadband so we could work from home :mad: So when I rang to see what was happening I was told we would have to wait a further 5 working days and the weekend to get broadband. So finally we got our full order processed a month later the 9th of April after having to go through the whole process of ordering phone and BB over the phone and telling what we needed again. Then one day a technician without any contact with us arrives outside our door asking if we have a phone line and I said we do and hesaid it must be a duplicate order and left, he had been outside for a while before I could answer the door. How he found us I dont know after all the hassle we had originally. Half an hour later I go to my computer and there's no connection, I check the phone no connection, we ring the fault through and are told it would take 3 working days, its wednesday 12pm. My husband HAD to work from home on Friday. Rang BB support on Thursday as was getting nowhere with fault people and an appointment was made with 'technician' to be AT OUR HOUSE AT 8:30 AM Friday, 8:30 no show, 9:30 NO SHOW, 10:30, NO SHOW and then at 10:45 we get a call, while I was ringing asking where is the technician. He goes outside to where the line comes into the house and the connection was disconnected by the guy who was here on Wednesday and didnt bother to ensure he had everything back right for us after messing with the line. I am a patient person and up to meeting the last technician I was contacting COMREG, GRANT THORNTON and anyone else I could, but the technician was the most down to earth and helpful I had encountered in this order and he didnt deserve to be dragged into this mess. Now we have received two bills, one for a line we were never connected to and shows a zero balance, fine the other shows that we are on the wrong package, now this is our second bill, the first I hadnt time to look at and with all the messing I couldnt take any more EIRCOM. One thing we noted was that nobody could find our original order we completed online, however you managed to find our bank account details and set up the direct debit, although we had held off posting in our direct debit mandate :confused: so now to our bill. I had told the people processing our order that as the Service had not been delivered within your service delivery timeframe we were entitled to two months free line rental, this was to be told to a supervisor. My husband spoke to someone in your office after our first bill and was told to ignore the first bill we got and that the second bill would come and that we would be getting the first two months line free. Now to the matter that when we ordered online we signed up for free line connection and there was a waiver on the €30 BB connection and we signed up for the EIRCOM TAlktime TALK PEAK - ie that we had free national calls during the daytime and evening, we have been charged for our calls as whoever posted our order over the phone put us on the eircom Talk OFF-PEAK, our bill is EXTREMELY confusing. We have a once off charge for a Wifi modem €24.38, however a modem has not been supplied by you to us in 2012, a miscellaneous customer charter of -€41.92. I could go on. Our first bill was for €31.92 which was paid by direct debit. I would appreciate it if someone would look into this entire mess, I will PM account details, but had to share my experience with people. It has been extremely frustrating and timeconsuming. I now know why people say EIRCOM, sigh and shake their heads in disgust!

Hi Hulahoop2009,

Thanks for the detailed post. This will help a lot when checking through the previous history. First off, let me a apologise for what clearly looks like a mess up to this point. I obviously can't confirm too much without the account info so the next thing I need is a PM with the account number so I can start tracing back the orders for you. I can assure you that if there are any mistakes or corrections to be made I will sort them out for you.

With regards to some of the charges mentioned below, the miscellaneous credit from our Customer Charter of -€41.92 is 2 months line rental (ex VAT) as promised. The modem charge most likely should not be on the bill but I can confirm that once I have the account number. Sincere apologies again for the mix up but send me on the account info and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hulahoop2009

Thanks for the reply James, apologies for the long detailed post but if I didnt do that I felt that you(Eircom) would not see the reason for my complaint and we would once again be left in limbo. Our first technican mentioned how Eircom do not want people who live 'out the country' as we are costly to maintain :-)

I pm'd you earlier, hopefully you received it ok.

regards

Thanks for the reply James, apologies for the long detailed post but if I didnt do that I felt that you(Eircom) would not see the reason for my complaint and we would once again be left in limbo. Our first technican mentioned how Eircom do not want people who live 'out the country' as we are costly to maintain :-)

I pm'd you earlier, hopefully you received it ok.

regards

Hi again,

Have had a look through your bill and order for you. First of all, I can see where the issue with the technician arose. Upon searching for the home address in our system there are 14 general areas in the county with the same name (Bally*; don't want to post your area in full, but that part of the address). I can only apologise for that mix up but due to the order being placed online it seems the system had selected a different townland. There's no denying that there were some long delays here and this has resulted in the 2 month line rental credit mentioned previously.

With regards the modem, there was one issued from here on 4/4/12. Our system for checking posted items status is down at the moment for and upgrade but I should be able to check this by tomorrow. I do see the charge for the modem on the bill of €24.38 (ex. VAT) but in the section marked "Your service and connection charges" you will see a "Broadband promotion connection credit" of -€49.18 (ex VAT). This credit covers the modem charge above and also the connection fee for broadband (€24.80 ex VAT). In total on the 2nd bill, the credit adds up to €91.10 ex VAT (€112.05 with VAT)

Now, moving on to the package you were put on, there is no package called eircom Talk Peak, we only have Talk Off-Peak, Talk Anytime and Talk Weekend at the moment so maybe it was selected incorrectly. I can only apologise for this mix-up but have applied the correct offer for you now and it will back-date to 5th May for calls made. Just to clarify, the line is active since 30th March and the current bill covers until 6th June. The total amount charged for that period (2 bills) is €52.87. I hope this clears up your questions but if there's anything else you need to know post here and I'll do my best to answer it for you.

Kind regards

James

Hi Hulahoop2009,

Just a follow up on this for you. The modem was returned by the courier a couple of weeks ago due to the same address issue. I have resent the modem this morning so should be with you within 3-5 working days.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi Hulahoop2009,

Just a follow up on this for you. The modem was returned by the courier a couple of weeks ago due to the same address issue. I have resent the modem this morning so should be with you within 3-5 working days.

James

was the modem sent to the same wrong address as the technician?

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    was the modem sent to the same wrong address as the technician?

That's correct foggy_lad, the original order was placed on the wrong address so both the modem and technicians were part of that order. Should be all sorted now though.

Hi Hulahoop2009,

Just a quick update, have checked this again and can see you're now online and broadband is in use. If you have any further queries on this let me know.

Regards

James

Hi James

I didnt realise you were posting on this, apologies. No I never received a modem, one would imagine that if someone was in doubt to an address they would contact a post office in the area, or contact a number belonging to us ie the courier. That is besides the point, I have a modem from before, I can not understand why Eircom want to send me another, I remember before getting two modems one as I was set-up through a computer shop and then Eircom sent another, when I dutifully returned one my BB was cancelled. I dont need the modem so perhaps ye could save yourselves a few euro by setting something up on your IT system for people to tick if modem required or not!!

My husband just mentioned he viewed our bill online so I may well be back with a query to you on it later.

Thanks James and I realise its not your fault but on this side being the customer one can see why Eircom is having difficulties, if someone just scrolled through the topics on boards and through my own experience!

Just to clarify about the wrong address, our postal address was CORRECT it was unfortunate that people could not understand it :-)

It was like this Village which would be equivalent to a house number line,
    Small Town/Village, Big Town, County

Name
    Village
    Small Town/Village
    Big Town
    County

The problem arose when those reading our address IGNORED the SMALL TOWN/VILLAGE and presumed it was a village in the BIG town!! As there is a village by this name in every town in Ireland they couldnt figure it out even when we explained to ignore the big town and we were in the smaller one, the technician was to get back to us but never did! We ordered on the 9th of March and they were still trying to deliver a modem the end of May for a service that was supposed to be installed in April which you couldnt use without a modem!

Advertisement