Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Cafe

Options
  • 18-05-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,i am looking for some feedback from the gaming community, i want to see do people use the xbox live gaming centre in Dublin? If there were more gaming cafes in Dublin hosting P.S , Nintendo, PC and Xbox gaming comps etc would they be used. any feed back is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I believe such threads arent allowed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Console gaming is something I can do at home, so I wouldn't really go for it.

Why not do something different? Get some arcade/pinball machines. Unconventional stuff that is hard to come by and people can have a laugh playing casually together.

I'd visit somewhere like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Talk to Pat in the Gamesnash forum

He's spoken before out franchising out his rather excellent gaming centre service

• Registered Users Posts: 6 McTicy

"I believe such threads arent allowed here."

Why aren't they allowed ??

"Console gaming is something I can do at home, so I wouldn't really go for it."

i did think that myself but i thought if there was a place were you could go with a few friends that was unlike anywhere else to hang out and game it would be used. depending on age of course but sometimes the younger generation just don't want to be at home playing alone, and the parents wont always allow a gang of kids in the house. I was one of those kids c",) thanks for the feedback and pin ball idea.

• Advertisement

RedXIV - thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I know that the fighting boys use the likes of XGC a lot. Great spot for people to meet up and have a few friendly practice fights to get in shape for upcoming tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

McTicy wrote: »

Because this is a discussion site not a research resource for your business ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

McTicy wrote: »

"If I were to do X would people be interested" or "Would you buy X" or "do you prefer x service to x service" etc threads are all against charter as the side becomes survery monkey otherwise. Its a forum, and such content drives people away.

Not that I'm against the idea, I spent many hours in "Li's" above boots playing CSS in my junior cert days. Just check it with the games mods first would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Because this is a discussion site not a research resource for your business ideas

He's only looking for information, and the people on this forum are his likely target market.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some free market advice: if you set up a gaming cafe where there is a fully functional four player Darius Burst: Another Chronicle arcade cabinet, I personally guarantee that I will buy a hot chocolate.

I'll buy two and leave a tip if there's Taiko no Tatsujin.

Advertisement