Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest Way to Westport

Options
  • 18-05-2012 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads.

Leaving for Westport from Dublin in 30 mins, what's the quickest way to go? Galway and then up or straight across?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Indigo55

Dublin - Mullingar- Longford and take road to Westport. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Galway - Westport is a terrible road, stick to M4/N5...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Athlone ----> roscommon
    > claremorris ----> Westport is also a good route. I think it is a quicker way then via Longford and you have motorway to athlone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Longford is the quickest way. Do it every week and I have tried various routes, but Longford always ends up been the quickest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

yop wrote: »
    Longford is the quickest way. Do it every week and I have tried various routes, but Longford always ends up been the quickest.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

But for the love of the Teapot, when will they open the N5 bypass?!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

oscarBravo wrote: »
    But for the love of the Teapot, when will they open the N5 bypass?!

Longford due the end of this year, but hopefully Oct.

Ballaghdereen is starting around Sept/Oct of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Driving Wpt-Dublin for over 50 years.

Much improvements over the years - I remember when one had to go thru every town - Kilcock, Maynooth ete etc.

Up to about 20 years ago used to go Athlone, Roscommon etc. This went back to my father;s time back to the 1920's when the custom was to follow the railway line so could get home or to Dublin in xase of breakdown.

In last 20 years have been going Longford - very good route. Not a fast driver but can do Westport- Dublin in a few minutes over three hours in early morning

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

yop wrote: »
    Longford due the end of this year, but hopefully Oct.

Ballaghdereen is starting around Sept/Oct of this year.

is the road up by pearse park open yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

neiphin wrote: »
    is the road up by pearse park open yet ?

No it isn't open yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement