Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get Earplugs?

• 18-05-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any shops here where one can buy some earplugs for performing music?

I hear the ER-20 earplugs by Etymotic are good (and cheap also), am interested in those ones especially.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

flyswatter wrote: »
    (and cheap also)

Your hearing is priceless, so my advice would be to spend as much as you can afford. I got my custom made musician's ear plugs from Advance Hearing on Aston Quay.

http://www.advancehearing.com/

They cost around 200 euros, and took about two weeks to be ready.

Others here have gone to Frank Cass.

http://www.irishhearingaids.ie/branch/frank-cass-and-sons-kimmage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

You can get HMV branded er-20's in some of their shops and they are pretty cheap. I've picked a few pairs up off sellers on eBay for ~10 quid. I pretty much try and carry earplugs to every gig I attend, as well as all my band practices and gigs. I don't know how people can stand so close to a drum kit and not get put off by the volume of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Demeyes wrote: »
    You can get HMV branded er-20's in some of their shops and they are pretty cheap. I've picked a few pairs up off sellers on eBay for ~10 quid. I pretty much try and carry earplugs to every gig I attend, as well as all my band practices and gigs. I don't know how people can stand so close to a drum kit and not get put off by the volume of it!

Do you know any of the branches you can get them in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Nope, I've seen them in a few but they were not there the next time etc. Your best bet is to just ask if you are in one of the stores if they have them in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

flyswatter wrote: »
    Do you know any of the branches you can get them in?

I got a pair of er-20s in the shop on Grafton Street in Dublin in October 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Picked up a pair of the er20's in HMV on Grafton St. yesterday. Cost €1.99 a pair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

Must get in and pick up a few pairs. Can't go too wrong at that price. Do they ahve the different sizes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Got the Er-20s online in the end. Cost me 20 euro including postage, ordered from England, ordered Monday, came the Thursday, can't complain.

zafo wrote: »
    Must get in and pick up a few pairs. Can't go too wrong at that price. Do they ahve the different sizes?
    The pair I got make no mention of size and I didn't see different sizes while looking at them. They got a test drive this evening and are the dog's ! And for two quid a snip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of the er20's in HMV on Grafton St. yesterday. Cost €1.99 a pair!

Did they have many in stock? If so, gonna pick up a good few pairs, my ears are always in a heap after any kind of jams involving drums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Anyone know of anywhere in Laois/Offaly to get er20's? For those of us who wont be in da big schmoke for a while.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Did they have many in stock? If so, gonna pick up a good few pairs, my ears are always in a heap after any kind of jams involving drums.
    Yup. A fairly decent stock alright so no need to panic :-)

HMV on Grafton St. has been cleared out of ear plugs! They had a pile of them but now have none. Must have been a run on 'em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

I grabbed a handful from Grafton Street, the guys directly before and after me were looking for them too. Word spreads fast apparetly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I got the last 2 pairs in Cork a few weeks back, must check if they have more in. Very handy to keep a few spare pairs in gig bags or for friends with the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Specsavers do hearing protection. They do instant fit plugs, ie they fit anyone, or you can get custom moulded and filtered ones made.

http://www.specsavers.ie/hearing/hearing-protection/

kessler182 wrote: »
    I grabbed a handful from Grafton Street, the guys directly before and after me were looking for them too. Word spreads fast apparetly!
    I should have grabbed a handful before I went shouting my mouth off on the internet!!! They still out of stock. I pop in on a Saturday and will post when they are back in stock it that's any use to anybody. I will grab a handful myself first :-)

Advertisement