Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland or AIB savings account for teen?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

My teen cousin who is under 16 would like to open a savings account, but I don't know which is better! Bank of Ireland or AIB?

I want good rates and a easy way of withdrawing the money, ex. ATM or something like that.

I don't know which is better, so if somebody could advise me. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Have had a savings a count with the Peppermint as we call it or Permanent TSB, Irish Permanent before that since I was 12. No problems apart from currently there is no money in it.

Considering you can't turn on the TV without mention of AIB or BoI, why would you even consider using either of them?

EDIT: I mean in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

This might be your best option ...
    Permanent TSB: My Cash
    3.00% from €1 to €20,000
    0.10% on €20,000+ on the entire balance.
    • Instant access
    • Account aimed at 12-18 year olds.
    • Interest paid annually on the first working day after 20th November.
    • ATM card supplied with account.
    • Deposit Protection: Deposit Guarantee Scheme and the Eligible Liabilities Guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

syklops wrote: »
    Have had a savings a count with the Peppermint as we call it or Permanent TSB, Irish Permanent before that since I was 12. No problems apart from currently there is no money in it.

Considering you can't turn on the TV without mention of Anglo or BoI, why would you even consider using either of them?

EDIT: I mean in the news.
    You do know AIB is not Anglo?

OP, there isn't much of a difference between any of the banks for basic savings products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You do know AIB is not Anglo?

OP, there isn't much of a difference between any of the banks for basic savings products

Yes, I do, that was a typo. Post edited.

Advertisement