Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Laser Debit Card Online

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Recently tried to put an order through on dominos.ie using my AIB laser card and I get an error saying that the payment could not be authorised. I have more than enough money for the transaction and when I called AIB, they told me that there are no holds on the account to prevent it from going through. I've tried with a different laser card from AIB and the payment went through fine. Any ideas what could be causing the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Improbable wrote: »
    Recently tried to put an order through on dominos.ie using my AIB laser card and I get an error saying that the payment could not be authorised. I have more than enough money for the transaction and when I called AIB, they told me that there are no holds on the account to prevent it from going through. I've tried with a different laser card from AIB and the payment went through fine. Any ideas what could be causing the issue?

Seems to be some technical problems from aib. Have been trying to buy online all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Seems to be some technical problems from aib. Have been trying to buy online all day.

I tried it with another laser card from AIB though and it went through just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

danwhite88 wrote: »

http://www.realexpayments.com/service-status-update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Lots of problems with payments today - Realex having difficulties

That's the thing though. The 2 cards are from the same bank. They're both AIB laser cards. One of them goes through fine. The other one just gets declined with an error.

"Payment declined
    Sorry, we are unable to authorise the payment on your card."

Is there any reason why one card would go through and the other one wouldn't?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Since 08:58 today we are encountering significant intermittent issues in processing payments. Our incident management team are working as fast as possible to resolve the issue. It is a sole priority for us and we sincerely apologise for this disruption in service.

Just coincidence that it failed twice on your card but worked on the other. If you were to order again with your original card tomorrow or next week for example, your card should have no issues as they seem to have solved the issue now.

Just tried again with my card and it still doesn't seem to be working. Called AIB up again and they still say that there's no reason why it shouldn't be working. Anyone ever run into this problem before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Weird.

If your card works fine in other shops etc then it'll be an issue with Dominos but what it is, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Perhaps clear all caches and history etc.

Sometimes glitches happen with systems - they usually work themselves out.

Advertisement