Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SpaceX Launch Sat 19th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

redman wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Space X launch tomorrow on its was to the ISS!

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/commercial/cargo/spacex_update_staticfiring.html

Should be 9:55am for us....

Yeah watching this one with fingers crossed!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Are we UTC or UTC+1 because of the summer time lark?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

shizz wrote: »
    Are we UTC or UTC+1 because of the summer time lark?
    UTC+1. launch is at 08:55 UTC which will be 09:55 local here.

Saves me getting up an hour earlier so! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Will be up to watch for sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Yup, can't wait. Hopefully the coverage is a bit better than the test fire a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

looking forward to a successful launch, no scrubbing please!... and riding into space when I'm in my 70s when I'll splurge my pension on a flight! :) how much will it be then ye reckon?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    looking forward to a successful launch, no scrubbing please!... and riding into space when I'm in my 70s when I'll splurge my pension on a flight! :) how much will it be then ye reckon?

250,000*

*may be wrong

Is this the Space X launch or Anchorman? haha

Uh Oh. Aborted.

3 day recycle.

• Advertisement

This is unfortunate =/ Although I think with the large media coverage it's been given, its easy to forget that it's a test flight.

This is unfortunate =/ Although I think with the large media coverage it's been given, its easy to forget that it's a test flight.

Exactly. Better now than when there people sitting on top. Tuesday seems to be first window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Better safe than sorry at least

NASA_Johnson tweeted this "According to the team, the chamber pressure on engine #5 was high."

It's interesting that NASA release this info before any of the guys on the stream know.

It's great to see such an efficient abort though. Engines ignited(?) and still the craft was saved to be used again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Launch again in the morning. Anyone have the Irish time?

Launch again in the morning. Anyone have the Irish time?
    It said half 7 gmt so think half 8 for us? Anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

Yeah shizz,
    From what I heard its 07:44

Skyknight wrote: »

Yeah shizz,
    From what I heard its 07:44
    Is that utc tho? Where utc + 1

Yeah it's 7:44GMT so for us it is 8:44am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

TAAAAAAAAKE 2.

C'mooon SpaceX !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

just have to love technology & respect the brains behind it.. am comfortably lying in bed with the phone and soon, using secure wifi internet, will be watching the live launch of one of the most complicated machines ever built by man, and I just take all of this amazing technology for granted or maybe get pissed off if any of it is not 100% :o:) God speed Elon & Co!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

WOOOOOP great launch. :) Now lets hope everything else goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

jkforde wrote: »
    just have to love technology & respect the brains behind it.. am comfortably lying in bed with the phone and soon, using secure wifi internet, will be watching the live launch of one of the most complicated machines ever built by man, and I just take all of this amazing technology for granted or maybe get pissed off if any of it is not 100% :o:) God speed Elon & Co!

On the way to school with my daughter this morning, watching the launch and the second stage engines glowing in the dark of space on my phone, streaming live video from NASA and SpaceX over a mobile phone network - from orbit to my hand in almost real time - now, that's freaking cool :)

Great launch. The live feed of the solar panels was amazing. The cheers in the background really made it. Delighted for them, hoping everything goes to plan.

Great launch. The live feed of the solar panels was amazing. The cheers in the background really made it. Delighted for them, hoping everything goes to plan.

They really shouted their heads off for that.

Great launch! and great news for the future development of commercial flights to the ISS. If all goes well the dragon spacecraft will reach the Station on Thursday and begin a series of communication tests. It will then move away and station keep over night while they go over all the systems before hopefully a go will be given to move in on Friday close enough to be grappled by the stations robot arm and docked.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stillorganboy

It launched and deployed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Roll on commercialization of space flight, freeing NASA and others to do what they should be doing Science and exploration.

Looks so cool from across the bay.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching the docking today?

Advertisement