Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant reviews

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I note with some surprise that the restaurant reviewers in at least 3 of last weekends papers i.e. The Irish Times, Sunday Times and Sunday Independent, all reviewed Bite restaurant in Dublin 2.
    This is hardly a coincidence. One can only wonder how restaurants are selected for review. Being in the inner circle clearly helps. Is there any chance that these " independent" reviewers would genuinely try to seek out and review new restaurants, be they good or bad and provide a proper service to their readers ?

PS There are also restaurants in the north side of Dublin, but I suppose it would be a bit much to expect these experts to travel that far from home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

Chapter One is the best in Ireland & Dublin.

It's on the NORTH SIDE :P

i went there 4 years ago. I sat in "the Barbara Streisand" seat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Most (if not all of them) are BS. They get facts wrong - and when I hear some of them on the radio, their lack of knowledge on food is not that surprising.
    I can't bear to read any of them, and I change the station if any of them are on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

tits magee wrote: »
    Chapter One is the best in Ireland & Dublin.

It's on the NORTH SIDE :P

i went there 4 years ago. I sat in "the Barbara Streisand" seat :P

The best restaurant in Ireland doesn't have a Micheline star and can be found in Co.Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

ESB wrote: »
    I note with some surprise that the restaurant reviewers in at least 3 of last weekends papers i.e. The Irish Times, Sunday Times and Sunday Independent, all reviewed Bite restaurant in Dublin 2.
    This is hardly a coincidence. One can only wonder how restaurants are selected for review. Being in the inner circle clearly helps. Is there any chance that these " independent" reviewers would genuinely try to seek out and review new restaurants, be they good or bad and provide a proper service to their readers ?

PS There are also restaurants in the north side of Dublin, but I suppose it would be a bit much to expect these experts to travel that far from home.

The wonderful Aingeala Flannery gave Bite a terrible write-up in the Indo's Day and Night magazine today, in her own inimitable style.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sergeant wrote: »
    The wonderful Aingeala Flannery gave Bite a terrible write-up in the Indo's Day and Night magazine today, in her own inimitable style.
    Tom Doorley loved it. Just goes to show that it is all down to personal taste when it comes to food, ambience, etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement