Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeware Recycling?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm just after moving into a new place, and the previous tenants have left a fully stocked kitchen behind them. Since I've my own stuff already, I've basically got a tonne of clutter I need sorted out. Rather than landfill it, I'd be grateful for any advice on disposing of it in a responsible way. The junk breaks down into 3 main categories:
    1. Glassware.
    2. Homeware and cutlery.
    3. Appliances and large items (ironing board, etc.)

I don't think freecycle is an option, because it's quite a rural location. Any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I'm just after moving into a new place, and the previous tenants have left a fully stocked kitchen behind them. Since I've my own stuff already, I've basically got a tonne of clutter I need sorted out. Rather than landfill it, I'd be grateful for any advice on disposing of it in a responsible way. The junk breaks down into 3 main categories:
    1. Glassware.
    2. Homeware and cutlery.
    3. Appliances and large items (ironing board, etc.)

I don't think freecycle is an option, because it's quite a rural location. Any other options?

You mentioned the stuff was left by tenants - does that mean you are renting? If so, then the stuff may belong to the landlord/lady and (s)he may not take kindly to it being disposed of, so I would check that out first.

Assuming it's all yours to get rid of, then I wouldn't be surprised if freetrade/freecycle is still an option. Freetrade lets you search by county so might be better. I think Gumtree and the other ads sites have listings for free stuff too - I'll bet someone would want it, possibly a landlord setting up a new place and might be willing to travel when there is so much stuff. Otherwise I would try a charity shop, offer it to a car booter or similar.

Advertisement