Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!!!!TYRES!!!!!

• 18-05-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hey guys and gals, am off to France in a couple of weeks (yeaay) and I need 4 new tyres for a Kia Ceed SW... Am on a budget but want something half decent... Anyone know of any deals... I live in NCW but anywhere in Limerick would be good.. THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd recommend Mid West Tyres in Raheen, can't recommend anywhere around your neck of the woods though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'd recommend Mid West Tyres in Raheen, can't recommend anywhere around your neck of the woods though.

I would +1 for midwest from your side...

If your willing to travel newport tyres are also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

If you're shopping around the city for prices try Victory tyres on Lelia St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

phog wrote: »
    If you're shopping around the city for prices try Victory tyres on Lelia St.

+1 to Victory. Good guys, reasonable prices and excellent, prompt service.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭irishbucka

try mid west raheen or dock road. ask them for dayton brand. they are made by bridgestone but are a very good budget tyre. whatever you do stay away from chaep chinese makes or 2nd hand tyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

I'll head into Limerick in the morning and check out the prices in those places... Any advice on tyre brand recommendations, have €125 tyres, Michelin brand r16 I think on the car at the moment but they are too rich for my blood, also as am a female would I be better sending my brother in??? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

At Mid West Tyres on the Dock Road there is usually a girl in the office who will give you a cheap, mid and expensive option for whatever you need. Always found her very knowledgeable and helpful.

no the days of people seeing a woman in a garage and try to take advantage is gone. i can guarantee ya the daytons wont be near as dear as the michilins. kormorn are another budget tyre made by michililn but the daytons would be better i think. do a price check between dayton and kormoran and see what you think is better value for you

I'll do that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I recommend Limerick Tyre Centre out in Raheen, they are in Fenton's Yard opposite the new Toyota dealership before the South Court Hotel. Handy to get to if you are coming off the motorway from NCW.

A word of advice though, don't skimp on tyres, there are lots of places selling cheap unfamilar named Chinese brands that are pure muck. On the Ceed they are probably 16" rims which are a very common size meaning you should be able to pick up a good brand like Bridgestone for around €80-90 a corner. Other brands to look at are Hancook or Kumho, they are good high end budget brands. Avoid the likes of Sunny, Wanli or Triangles though unless you like spining around roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

:DCant beat jimmy grimes in thomond tyres highly enough lovely man and a great price range 2

well munster mad, what did ya go for? i hope you got a good deal anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

+1 for jim grimes. No bs with him. Have dealt with him since I moved to Limerick 6 years ago and he is a1

One of my tyres blew over the weekend so had to shop locally in the end, got Komet spt-1 (mid price) tyres, checked reviews online and are very mixed, but tbh, is like driving a new car. And lovely on bends. I drive a lot on country back roads..
    Garages have told me that kia ceed sw diesel are devils for eating through tyres, so time will tell how they go...
    Thanks a million for your advice, wanted really to get the Dayton or Bridgestone as ye suggested but was under pressure and garage hadn't them in stock :eek:
    Paid €320 for 4 tyres fitted, tracked and balanced, what do ye think?
    Cheers

that sounds about right munstermad. i have never heard of that make but as long as your happy with them, then thats the main thing. safe motoring

Advertisement