Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3: Week 5: Results

Options
  • 18-05-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams 27 Panthers 14

Where's your 64 points this season Carolina? Huh? Huh?:D

I'm learning how to beat this CPU boy.

ONE YARD RUNNING....PANTHERS SUCK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Raiders went to face the Steelers in Heinz field. And in case anyone's wondering, we're still REALLY pissed off about the immaculate DEception. It was pissing rain and there was a 12 mph wind in Heinz field. Time for some running? NOT.

Quarter 1:
    After a big passing play to Brandon Pettigrew Cedric Benson ran the ball in from 12 yards out for a score. 7-0 Steelers.

On the next play Reggie Bush bounced a kickoff return to the outside and took it all the way to level the score at 7-7.

Another big pass play set the Steelers up but they had to settle for a 38 yard FG. 10-7 Steelers

After a Raiders interception and a Steelers utter failure to try anything inside their own 10 the Raiders eventually took the lead with an 18 yard pass to Greg Olsen. 14-10 Raiders.

Quarter 2:
    The Raiders extended their lead with a 28 yard field goal from Graham Gano. 17-10 Raiders.

With one minute left Matt Hill threw a 20 yard TD pass to Greg Olsen. 24-10 Raiders.

On any of their 3 plays the Steelers could have run the clock out against the timeoutless Raiders but they went 3 and out and left 43 seconds on the clock. With 1 second left the Raiders threw a 9 yard TD pass to Greg Olsen. The squib kick was recovered by the Raiders but there was no more time. 31-10 Raiders.

Quarter 3:
    In this quarter Matt Hill threw a couple of interceptions and amongst the terrible play David Garrard threw a 2 yard TD pass to Barksdale. 31-17 Raiders.

Quarter 4:
    With 7 minutes left the Raiders more or less sealed the deal with an elegantly-caught 41 yard TD pass to Johnny Knox. He and most of the other WRs had little thrown their way accurately with the wind. 38-17 Raiders.

After some more fooling around and throwing interceptions Greg Olsen caught a short pass over the middle and exploited the Steelers blitz by breaking a tackle and going 53 yards for the score. 45-17 Raiders and the few Steelers fans left in the pissing rain booed their team so loudly you would swear the stadium was full. Music to my ears.

To be fair to the Steelers they responded quickly with a 79 yard TD pass to Barksdale. 45-24 Raiders. They recovered the onside kick but threw an interception to backup safety Jarrad Page.

On the next drive Greg Olsen was given a seat on the bench for his efforts and Jordan Cameron filled in to run up the score, catching a 1 yard TD pass with 6 seconds left. 52-24 Raiders final score.

Notes: Matt Hill threw 5 interceptions but it could've been 10. Garrard threw 2 but it should have been 7. They should make Madden less rainy. I score 28 points inside the 2 minute warnings, and 24 outside of them.

Stats:
    Matt Hill: 72.6 rating 26-60, 518 yards, 6 TDs and 5 interceptions.
    No significant runners to speak of.
    Greg Olsen: 17 catches, 356 yards and 4 TDs.
    Johnny Knox: 4 catches, 111 yards and 1 TD.
    Jordan Cameron: 3 catches, 35 yards and one TD.
    Jairus Byrd of the Steelers intercepted 3 passes.
    Jarrad Page and Sherrod Martin intercepted a pass each.
    Every LB but no DL got to David Garrard today, Will Witherspoon collecting 5 sacks, Tyrone McKenzie, Lawrence Timmons and Pat Angerer with a sack each.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jags @ Titans
    Titans win the toss and elect to kick first

titans force a quick 3 and out
    Titans cant do much either and punt it away
    The wind and rain is making passing very tough and the Jags punt
    Titans on 4th and inches at midfield, go for it and get over.

Titans ground and pound it into the end zone with MJD

0-7 Titans

Titans D forces a 3 and out.

MJD breaks out of 56 yard TD
    0-14 Titans

Titans force another punt.
    Schaub moves it well upfield and Finley gets in for a TD

0-21 Titans

Jags get in for a FG

3-21 Titans @ HT Titans to receive

Titans punt it out at the 5.
    They tackle for a loss and push the Jags back to the 2 yard line
    Willis then forces a safety with a tackle in the end zone/.

3-23 Titans

MJD breaks a couple of tackles for another TD, 47 yards

3-30 Titans

Titans miss a long FG against the wind.
    Titans D forces a punt but then Scahub throws an int
    Titans D does its job and stops the Jags for a FG.

6-30 Titans Jags try an onside kick but dont recover
    Finley moves it well and then MJD gets in for a short TD

6-37 Titans

Teams trade ints at the end of the game.

Some Stats:
    Titans with 428 yards on offense and 247 rushing
    Jags with 146 yards on offense and 16 rushing

Jags with a paltry 6 first downs and a 3rd down conversion of 0% (0 from 8)

Scahub with a QB rating of 77, 14 from 20, 193 yards, 1 TD and 2 Ints
    Palmer with a QB rating of 51, 11 from 23, 152 yards, 0 TDs and 1 Int

MJD with 30 carries, 246 yards, 4 TDs
    Moreno with 9 carries, 13 yards

Finley gets 7 catches, 105 yards and 1 TD
    Amendola, MJD, Carlson also help the Titans receiving stats.

Rogers gets himself 2 sacks with Willis getting 1

Looking forward to next week's game Titans, this could decide the 2nd seed in the end. It could be a great race, between me, you, the Bengals and maybe the Chargers with all their CPU games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

matthew8 wrote: »
    Looking forward to next week's game Titans, this could decide the 2nd seed in the end. It could be a great race, between me, you, the Bengals and maybe the Chargers with all their CPU games.

Was just about to post up aswell, looking forward to it.
    Your passing attack is phenomenal and your D seems to be doing farily well too :cool:
    Interesting to see who it turns out best for MJD and Schaub or Timmons.

Was just about to post up aswell, looking forward to it.
    Your passing attack is phenomenal and your D seems to be doing farily well too :cool:
    Interesting to see who it turns out best for MJD and Schaub or Timmons.

I think so far this season has proven that we both got a great trade. I'm looking forward to playing Schaub, and I think I can use my knowledge about your 2 main players to my advantage, especially with Timmons back from his one year factfinding mission. Hopefully Reggie Bush can break off another big return, he's been known for the fumbles though so I'll only let him run if it's on. Hopefully we get a nice day for it. Someone has to make a preview. Have the Raiders and the Titans ever had a significant real life meeting? I don't think so, which is strange for the Raiders, as they've seemingly had classics with all the other good AFC teams.

There's one thing I know, and that is that everybody else plays MJD and other strong RBs the wrong way (apart from Berty and Santry) and I know how to play them.

The best thing I'm doing on the passing front this year is holding onto the ball under pressure. I haven't thrown a stupid pick all year.

Hopefully I can get you to pass, here's how the Chargers and Ravens fared against me.
    Fitzpatrick (Chargers): 4-15, 34 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INT
    Locker (Ravens): 9-26, 163 yards, 0 TDs, 6 INT

• Advertisement

There's one thing I know, and that is that everybody else plays MJD and other strong RBs the wrong way (apart from Berty and Santry) and I know how to play them.

Time will tell on that, if you shut down MJD you will have a good chance of winning, however with Schaub i'm a lot better passing this year. So the dread of the RB getting shut down isnt what it was last year.

The only team not on my new, revised black list (Seahawks), has beaten the 49ers. Very interesting. Now that they're a threat they may have to go on the list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll let the seahawks write up the report, but just to say sometimes madden is infuriating, 3 or 4 times stafford threw it straight to a CB or LB but not one pick.

Also I think not playing for a week or so is suicide as far as madden is concerned.

Well done on your win mate, you played very well especially on defense.

I don't see myself making the playoffs now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'll let the seahawks write up the report, but just to say sometimes madden is infuriating, 3 or 4 times stafford threw it straight to a CB or LB but not one pick.

Also I think not playing for a week or so is suicide as far as madden is concerned.

Holy crap I was counting on winning against the seahawks...if I had taken the cards last week our division would have blown wide open.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Indeed, very strong division at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Was hoping you'd write it up! didnt take notes on this one.
    Was a great game... nail biting stuff.

Seahawks get the ball to start and took the early lead in the first quarter with a 76yd passing TD from FB reece.
    49ers held to 3nOut but seahawks couldnt do anything on next procession and had to punt it away.
    Opening of the second quarter and 49ers take it up field for a FG.

Ball punted back and forth a little until seahawks manage to get back into FG range and are up by a TD with 17 secs until half time

Making it 10 - 3 to seahawks at half time.

49ers get ball to start 3rd quarter and move steadily down field to get TD with pass to Britt to level it up.

Heavy defense from both side but seahawks have ball at start of 4th and Hayes kicks a 30yd FG

bit of back and forth with some great defense all round.

Just under 4 mins to go and 49ers take lead with a pass to Graham for 89yds.

Seahawks attempt a charge down field on return anf are stopped with less than 2 MINS left short of FG range and instead of going for it on 4TH AND 6 punt it away.

Using all their time outs Seahawks somehow stop 49ers with about 1.23 to go but are pinned way back in own half.

Using aggressive no huddle strat charge up field on a wing and a prayer and with only 12 SECS TO go stafford throws a perfect 7yd pass to hillis at goal line to retake lead.

49ers offense make valliant effort in dying seconds but cant quite come up with it.

Final Score: Seahawks 20 - 49ers 17

Great game overall with a couple of unlucky interceptions for 49ers.

Hopefully i didnt forget too much of details!

Nice report, hard to explain the heart break at the end. Thought I had it won on that Graham TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Nice report, hard to explain the heart break at the end. Thought I had it won on that Graham TD.

So did I!
    I was kicking myself for not going for it on that 4th n 6 when it was under two mins... think that could be my luck used up for season! Such a tight game.
    Though how I managed to run away from Graham after his reception I have no idea!
    I shouldnt be allowed to control CBs myself :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons finally get a win over the unlucky Saints. 24 - 19.

Nearly lost it in the last quarter with a interception and a fumble but was able to hold them, so was a nice turn around after last weeks game with Dallas.

Great game from Romo and Decker

I demand someone do a preview of the Raiders against the Titans. It's the biggest game of the season.

I demand someone do a preview of the Raiders against the Titans. It's the biggest game of the season.

Relax man we're only 2 days into this gameweek!

But I'm booooooooooooooooooored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

But I'm booooooooooooooooooored.

Heres your preview....MJD is gonna have a stormer and leave the raiders coach with egg on his face!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dallas Cowboys 27-24 Washington Redskins

Unbelievable game here, and another NFC East tie settled by 3 points.

Can't really remember too much here as I've just played another game but basically the Cowboys went ahead 24-17 with 3 minutes left, Redskins tied the game 24-24 with just over 1 minute left on the clock and Dallas drove down the field and missed the chance to win the game from a 43 yard FG as Henery hit the post.

The game went into overtime with the Cowboys winning the toss, and a lot of running with a couple of big 3rd down throws allowed Henery to make up for his earlier miss with a 27 yard FG to win it. 27-24 Dallas.

Redskins, I wasn't sure of the overtime rules, that's why I kept running the ball when in FG trying to get a TD as I thought you'd get possession back to try and match or better my FG. I've learned now though that that's only for playoffs.

MVP - Ahmad Bradshaw. 232 yards off 32 attempts for 2 TD's. The highlight being a 76 yard TD run.

Great game as usual when the NFC East teams meet! Best of luck for the rest of the season Nerd!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants beat The Browns 52-10. Should have bee a shut out, they scored on turnovers.

Couldn't get the ball moving on the ground so the game was turned over to Drew Brees who threw 6 TDs to 4 different receivers and 423 yards.

Andy Dalton completed 5 of 17 passes, he sucks!!

Disappointed that Daft Dave isn't around any more, would have liked to play a new opponent.

Next few games for The G men, cpu Panthers, NFC rival Eagles and then the dreaded bye week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jolie Whining Bridge

Paully D wrote: »
    Dallas Cowboys 27-24 Washington Redskins

Unbelievable game here, and another NFC East tie settled by 3 points.

Can't really remember too much here as I've just played another game but basically the Cowboys went ahead 24-17 with 3 minutes left, Redskins tied the game 24-24 with just over 1 minute left on the clock and Dallas drove down the field and missed the chance to win the game from a 43 yard FG as Henery hit the post.

The game went into overtime with the Cowboys winning the toss, and a lot of running with a couple of big 3rd down throws allowed Henery to make up for his earlier miss with a 27 yard FG to win it. 27-24 Dallas.

Redskins, I wasn't sure of the overtime rules, that's why I kept running the ball when in FG trying to get a TD as I thought you'd get possession back to try and match or better my FG. I've learned now though that that's only for playoffs.

MVP - Ahmad Bradshaw. 232 yards off 32 attempts for 2 TD's. The highlight being a 76 yard TD run.

Great game as usual when the NFC East teams meet! Best of luck for the rest of the season Nerd!

2nd week in a row iv lost to a walk off field goal gutted.
    sorry about the lack of chatter my mic wouldnt work for some reason
    great game il see you again next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Wild rainy game at the New Meadowlands, so for some reason the two teams decide to air it our combining for 53 pass attempts against only 36 rushing.

Which of course led to interceptions (Rodgers 16/24 334 yards, 4 TDs/3 INTs; Newton 9/29, 112 yards 0/2). Bengals lucky and unlucky in the passing game as there were a few drops on offense and in the Jets defense.
    Bengals also recovered a fumble when Newton took off for a first down when the receivers looked covered. Also missed a FG to close out the first half.
    Lot of big plays on both sides with long TDs from Keller, Saunders and Heyward-Bey.
    Was in the game for a good bit thanks to some uncharacteristic mistakes from Berty, but really needed to be better passing to have a chance. good chat the whole way through.

FS Dawan Landry apparently is out for 4 weeks with dehydration now, although during the game it said he had broken ribs. The Bengals medical team has been called into question...

Advertisement