Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site search with quotes

Options
  • 18-05-2012 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

when i do a search with quotes like "search term" and hit newest in results page it repalce quotes with " using ipod touch ios 4.2.1

Thanks Guys!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've noticed this as well. In fact, search doesn't seem to work too well on the touch site at all. I regularly get server errors or results take forever to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Noticed it on what device Sad Professor? I've just tried it on an iPad with iOS5 and it's fine, there are no entity replacements

OP, I suggest upgrading to the latest iOS version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It happens on my iPhone and iPad running iOS 5. I just loaded up the Touch site on Safari on my Mac and it does it there as well. As the OP said though, it it only happens when you sort by "newest". But if you switch back to "best" it will add the same characters again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭totoal

OP, I suggest upgrading to the latest iOS version.

It's 2nd gen so that's as high as it can go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Updates live now that should sort out the issue detailed above. Let me know if there are still any problems, gracias

• Advertisement

Just tested and working fine. Cheers. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement