Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next generation +1

• 18-05-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought Id throw this up here for anyone who wants to talk about or show pics or whatever of the grandchildren....what I call the next gen. +1.

I'll kick this off with a couple of pics taken on Tuesday night last at the Harry Gregg testimonial match in Windsor Park. An Irish League select played Man Utd (Utd. won 4 - 1 btw) and my wee grandson was one of the mascots and was led out by Nani. He's third from left in both pics :)

Great night and we will all have the memories.

Gavin_3.jpg

HG_testimonial.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Wonderful photo's Muffler, congratulations.

And what a fantastic idea for a thread.

I think that on and off Generation +1 could run for a long time.

(Mods can we make this a sticky?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

No grandchildren so far so I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Me neither. (Thank heavens!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Rubecula wrote: »
    Wonderful photo's Muffler, congratulations.

And what a fantastic idea for a thread.

I think that on and off Generation +1 could run for a long time.

(Mods can we make this a sticky?)

Maybe let it float for a bit, see how it goes - making stickies is often the best way of killing a thread!

Meanwhile I can offer two grandchildren, two little girls. I'll ask their mum can I put up a pic. They are of course, gorgeous!

Me neither. (Thank heavens!)

Naw, I can't wait to be a Granny just to see how my offspring will cope! :D However, no weddings promised as yet so it will take some time, if ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have 3 grandchildren and while it's a little strange especially when the kids mother/father says to them at 3 months old - "wave bye bye to Granda" you get used to it.

You think you're really old in one way but its always nice when you're taking one of them to a shop or whatever and you bump into someone you havent seen for a long time and they say something like..."didnt know you had a child that young". That sorta makes you feel good until you realise they are on their way to Specsavers :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think being a granny is great - you have all the satisfaction of small children, but you send them home at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

muffler wrote: »
    I have 3 grandchildren and while it's a little strange especially when the kids mother/father says to them at 3 months old - "wave bye bye to Granda" you get used to it.

You think you're really old in one way but its always nice when you're taking one of them to a shop or whatever and you bump into someone you havent seen for a long time and they say something like..."didnt know you had a child that young". That sorta makes you feel good until you realise they are on their way to Specsavers :eek:

At 43, I'm fairly young to be posting here, but by the time I have Grandkids, I'll be dead!

My 2 girls are 7 & 2. Also they're someone's grandchildren anyway.

As soon as I figure out how to upload photos I'll post some up.

Also, I read the article on Harry Gregg. A true hero off the field as well as on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

We have 18 grandchildren, 16 of them still walking the planet. (We were married very young.) I'm trying to attach a picture the latest. Hope it works otherwise you'll have to take my word for it.

Aw BBJ, what a cutiepie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As soon as I figure out how to upload photos I'll post some up.
    See Q's 9 & 10 here which will help.

Personally I use wthax for uploading from the PC. Very handy and very easy to use. There's a test forum for practicing and you can just delete stuff when you're finished. :)

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Aw BBJ, what a cutiepie!

Thank you. She is, isn't she? Here's her brother.

Another l'il darlin' too BBJ. You must have great fun with them!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Another l'il darlin' too BBJ. You must have great fun with them!

We've been away from Ireland for over a year and came back a few weeks ago. One of the plusses has been being able to spend time with our Irish-based grandchildren. (Seven of them, alas, live elsewhere.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

muffler wrote: »
    See Q's 9 & 10 here which will help.

Personally I use wthax for uploading from the PC. Very handy and very easy to use. There's a test forum for practicing and you can just delete stuff when you're finished. :)
    I like Pix.ie as a photo host. It willl give you the BBCode to cut and paste straight into Boards.ie

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement