Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Stories in English?

• 18-05-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Does anyone know a website that will give me thorough steps on approaching the short story in the English exam? Or maybe someone can give me a brief outline of what's expected?

My English teacher has refused to do them with us, but I don't feel 100% comfortable in everything else.

I got 65% in my mocks, it was my composition that let me down most. Throughout my Junior Cert, I was always getting A's in the short story's my teacher would have assigned and got an A in my JC English - so they're something I've always enjoyed doing!

Do you think I would be able to start them now and be prepared for the exam on June 6th?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

You could easily prepare several plot lines from today until june.
    Definitely do a short story if it is what you love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I agree, they're a lot of fun and if you have a natural ability for them you should be fine! Read loads from now til then and do one if you feel you cant do the personal essays. I find the short stories go well with descriptive essays too, so if youve been doing those it helps :)

Advertisement