Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Starts Next week

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's after clouding over here for the first time in a week, still warm tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloud breaking again, wouldn't bet on it sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sat 24 animation seems to show cloud thinning out and evaporating over Leinster. Might clear to 100% clear skies again for the rest of the day here by the looks of it. BooYA !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

all of a sudden its after getting very cloudy in longford

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

spirit_77 wrote: »
    all of a sudden its after getting very cloudy in longford

Which part of Longford are you in? Mostly clear here! One big cloud passing by has cleared to mostly sunny weather. 22 here atm. Pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cloud here lasted about an hour, warm and sunny again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Traveling all around Dublin today and it's been a cracker , cracking weather lately . Hopefully we stay on the rite side of the ridge for the long weekend .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fierce hot in Dublin today alright. The girls playing football were struggling with the heat...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Faded Glory

Another disappointing day for Cork again. Cloudy and dull pretty much all day with temps 13/14 with a cool breeze.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

23.4c in Sligo today so a slight cool down from the 25s and 26 of the past 3 days.

mostly sunny but some cloudy periods.

Next weekend will be mostly dry 18c. A lot cloudier though with some sun and isolated light showers in the North and East.

Fri will be Sunny 19c

Sat Dry and Fair 18c

Sun Light Showers 17c

Mon Cloudy with showers 16c

This is a general forecast but there should not be too much rain however it will not be as good as the past few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yes indeed Cork is getting brutal weather at the moment when comparing with a lot of the country.
    Saying that it looks like our turn later in the week and the bank holiday wkd could be quite nice with temps around 18C and good sunshine.
    A much fresher feel though and the nights will be chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Siobhan Ryan seemed very optimistic for this coming wkd, with temps only down a fraction on recent values.

Hmm not sure about that, would think Northern parts will feel much much cooler post Thursday. At least Cork will be glorious :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another clear end to the day in Castlebar.Little or no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

A great Photo on rte website.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0528/irelanduklarge.jpg

courtesy of University of Dundee

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

rameire wrote: »
    A great Photo on rte website.

courtesy of University of Dundee

I love the last few days of These Satellite shots. MIght Print one out and add it to me desktop display of Meteosat-9 0 o Longitude and Visible image of Hurricane Igor 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Notice the snow cover over the tops of the Cairngorms, they were still open for sking and snowboarding at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

great satellite pic, if you enlarge the image of Scotland you can see snow still on the Cairngorm Mts.
    Edit : I didn't notice above post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

22C by day and 10C at dawn; blue skies all day and brilliant sunshine with a light breeze.

Day after day.

Almost perfect weather.

No.

Simply perfect weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Here the temps I've been getting for the past few days. Got cloudier this evening and noticebly cooler or less hot I should say, but still 16.4c at the moment.

28th 26.0
    27th 26.3
    26th 25.7
    25th 28.2
    24th 26.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Today was actually the warmest day of this spell yet in the Dublin area, with Casement and Dublin Airport reaching 22.0 and 21.0 °C, respectively. Pretty tame in comparison with the rest of the country of late but hey, it felt nice! Chilly this evening though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Similar to pangea we've now had 5 days in a row above 25C, 11 days since the last recorded rainfall as well

Still mild but noticeably cooler tonight, had to close my bedroom window for the first time all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I see smoke from a gorse fire (probably) on that satellite image. 10 points for anyone that can find it :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »

I see smoke from a gorse fire (probably) on that satellite image. 10 points for anyone that can find it :)

Ohhh - just love a challange! :) Just to the SW of Newry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Around the Mayo/Galway border near the sea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Near the Shannon, half way between Athlone and Lough Derg?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Still raining here in Cork. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

The east coast of the Shetland islands! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

SSW of Athlone along the Shannon banks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Low cloud could break, humid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sun finding it hard to break through the cloud in Castlebar atm.Warm and humid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement