Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Starts Next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Miserable day in Cork City, 12c and drizzle according to met.ie and feels like it too.

The fine weather isn't taking hold until Wed.
    Also even though it's drizzly in Cork its noticeably more humid and much milder feeling than of late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Very warm here in Naas.

Work was like a cooker today. I have to endure it for anther 3 months now.:(

It felt like a conservatory with the sun on it for a few hours that horrible dead heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

A beautiful day in Dublin, at least by the extreme coast. Temps only got up to around 15 or 16 degrees (still only normal for mid May) but in the sun it felt really pleasant. It began to cloud over around 4.30 (typical) but the sun's back out now. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just in from doing the garden. The sun was out and it was nice and warm with a very gentle breeze.
    Surprisingly humid though.

The spolier in the whole thing is all models agree on a breakdown in time for the wkd. In fact Sat and Sun look quite cool in an ever stiffening breeze, though still an improvement on the last 6 wkds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It was a nice day here, got a bit cloudy (patchy) during the afternoon but in the sun it reached 19.0C at 1.47pm.
    Promising start to the week and a good progression here with temperatures.
    Saturday the high was 9.2C
    Yesterday it was 15.7C
    Then today the 19.0C

Just to acclimatise now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lovely day here in arklow. will it still be like this on the 3rd of june?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ive notice that everytime I look at the long term models before bed there is good weather and when i get up in the morning its bad.

So at the moment high pressure all the way into June after brief breakdown at weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

raining now in donegal town, end of summer ( ah well nice while it lasted eh)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Raining in Galway too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

What a morning.

16C @ 9am at Casement :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

What a morning.

16C @ 9am at Casement :cool:

I see you've sunglasses on. Any sun yet? Similar temperatures in Sallins but cloudy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

I'm in Ballymun, in my windowless office... so I dunno what it's likw now, but it was sunny when I got in an hour ago (and all along my commute north kildare -> city centre -> here) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Humid but drizzly here in Fermoy. Rained all the way to work this morning from Cork. Looking at the UK forecast on BBC last night a horrible blue rain splodge was over Cork for the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull and mild, it looks like the sun will poke through by lunchtime....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Freezing in Dundalk 13 c and cool breeze

Waterford Airport is really misty and humid. Doesn't look like shifting either.

The burn never came, its been drizzling! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I did warn of this happening along coastal regions, and it still could for the rest of the week. Miserable at Waterford, Roches Point and Cork Airport.

EIWF 221430Z 20011KT 160V230 6000 OVC002 13/12 Q1018=
    EICK 221500Z 19008KT 0300 R17/0500N R35/0300N FG OVC001 12/12 Q1017 TEMPO 1500=

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If it's any consolation it's lovely here! :) 19.4c atm with milky sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Su Campu wrote: »
    I did warn of this happening along coastal regions, and it still could for the rest of the week. Miserable at Waterford, Roches Point and Cork Airport.

EIWF 221430Z 20011KT 160V230 6000 OVC002 13/12 Q1018=
    EICK 221500Z 19008KT 0300 R17/0500N R35/0300N FG OVC001 12/12 Q1017 TEMPO 1500=

Sure has been a miserable day in Waterford. Heavy cloud and drizzle on and off all day. Max Temp just 14.3c at 11.16. Currently 13.4c

Tomorrow looks like being similar, albeit a little more sunshine.
    From Thursday however the wind will pick up from the east leading to clear skies nationwide. Best place to be this week, Galway area which could see up to 24C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

20.0 °C at Finner today. Others:

Belmullet 19.6, Claremorris 19.5, Dublin Airport 19.4. Still a few stations not reporting the 18Z synops (Ballyhaise, Oak Park and Mullingar) so not sure how they did.

On the other end of the sprectrum though, Roches Point 12.5, Cork Airport 12.9, Johnstown Castle 13.9

At least the weekend has been upgraded significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

If you are up at 6am you will get plenty of sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

On this night last year, not only were we anticipating President Obama's visit, but also the approach of 'Storm Udo', one of the strongest windstorms to occur in May since 1986. FAX analysis for midnight 23rd May 2011 showing Udo winding itself up in the near Atlantic before launching its attack on wee eireann.

206050.png

Edit: Found the thread that discussed this particular system:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056275472

206057.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Looks like another dull day here in Cork. Very overcast. Some places in Cork county yesterday had fog all day, and highs of about 12-14. Very sad indeed when everyone else basks in sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Overcast and chilly here in Wexford, hopefully it will brighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

foggy and cold all day yesterday here in Ardmore (West Waterford)

temp hit a max of 13

this morning the fog has lifted but it is overcast with a chilly enough south east breeze

currently 12.9 degrees

Hoping that cloud might burn off a bit during the day - but it has that stubborn look about it - you know the one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

And today dublin is:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement