Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Starts Next week

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

peter-ennis_dublin_snow-17-01-12.jpg

4260249587_3f624550ae_z.jpg

2207476_ca4031c3.jpg

drool.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Harps wrote: »
    Not sure how accurate it is but the local station down the road is showing 24.5C here, stunning day again for working outdoors :)

A few stations up to 22C on the 2pm reports, should manage another degree or two before the day's out

Just at 23.9 here atm. Might hit 24 by 4pm I reckon. Not a cloud in sight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Not really sure how accurate my screen station is either, but its reading 25.3C at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

darkman2 wrote: »
    4260249587_3f624550ae_z.jpg
    Yesterday...
    Atks3PQCIAEriQI.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Beautiful here in Galway, light wind and temp of 24 degrees. Bikinis on the beach at Salthill :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Stuck in work looking out at sunshine.

Could the clock go any slower?! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another great day here today, not as warm as yesterday tho as there seems to be more of a breeze, 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Lovely day here again very warm only 15 mins left of work off now till tuesday:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I had to take shelter inside for while...

This was my back garden 10 mins ago.
    206223.jpg

Of course you have to take into account the walls, the patio and lack of a breeze but man it is a hot one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

carlow is reading 24C at 6pm, WOW!
    Tomorrow should beat that and could easily be the hottest day of the year!!
    (year, as in rest of Summer)

Watch out for long wkd, gfs is looking a cracker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny since around 8am, Max Temp 21.9c, Currently 20.7c

Warmest day of the year so far in Waterford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

drove to castlebar this afternoon.. Car was reading 27c in places. Home in ballinrobe and the weather station peaked at 26.4c around 4. Still a lovely evening, 23c. This is a perfect day of summer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

23c with the sun still beating down..Wow what a day:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hit 24.5 after 4pm. Currently 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Peaked at 27.1C here! Might be over reading a bit but it was definitely the best day of the year so far

The highest met station was Shannon at 25.1C, if there's no cloud then tomorrow should be even hotter, HIRLAM predicting up to 28C in places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Shannon Airport 25.1
    Oak Park 24.0
    Gurteen 23.4
    Mullingar 23.3
    Claremorris 23.1
    Ballyhaise 22.7
    Finner 22.1
    Knock 21.3
    Belmullet 21.1
    Casement 20.9
    Mace Head, Valentia 20.6
    Dublin Airport 19.6
    Cork Airport 19.3
    Johnstown Castle 16.2
    Sherkin Island 15.5
    Malin Head, Roche's Point 15.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Thickness increases a smidgen tomorrow, but dewpoints are set to rise to the mid-high teens, which will account for some of this thickness increase but will also offset heating slightly. The higher dewpoints should also lead to scattered to broken cumulus in many areas, which will further prevent temperatures reaching the high 20s. In fact, I can't see much more than today's 25.1 - maybe an isolated 26 - with 20-24 more typical of inland stations.

Still looking like we'll see these cumulus develop into isolated pulse storms in the west, but they should be short-lived. Still looking like around 24 the magic temperature for this to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Few More

24.7 Castlederg
    16.7 at Magillagan

Seems to have been quite cool towards the North Coast as Magillagan and Malin had only 15 and 16c.

Got a max of 26.5c here, although going by other temperatures across the country I am seriously sceptical as to the accuracy of that figure. :(
    Car temp read 26c aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Kilkenny City got to 24.5C, here in the hills north of the city it was 23.4C max.
    To think last Saturday the max temperature here was a cold 9.2C... good riddance to that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It read 27 degrees at around 4pm today in Kilkenny in my car and just before that it was 26 deg on a thermometer hanging on the wall in the new outpatients building.

Where's Danno? Wanna tell him I don't owe him a pint ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It read 27 degrees at around 4pm today in Kilkenny in my car and just before that it was 26 deg on a thermometer hanging on the wall in the new outpatients building.

It would be warmer in built up areas with concrete and from roadways. The 24.5C for Kilkenny city is from the one that reports to Met Eireann and is set to their standards.

So the temperatures you saw were fairly accurate most likely but affected by buildings and roads/pavements so would not have to been the real temperature overall, if the area had been an open area with grass it would have been cooler. The main reason we lost our beloved Met Eireann weather station...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

So.... when are we going to see an end to this oppressive heat.
    It's just too hot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

dloob wrote: »
    So.... when are we going to see an end to this oppressive heat.
    It's just too hot :D

Ssssh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A lot of cirrus in the sky today which was dense enough to dim the sun at times. Amazing watching contrails spread out into bands of high based altocumulus as well. Noticed this happening a couple of evenings ago as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

That's nothing, it was 37C in my shoes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hmmm... where did this cloud come from !

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

A wild fog has descended. Lets hope it doesn't linger...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

was a bit cloudy (thin high stuff) but clearing up, a bit of a breeze but not a cooling one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement