Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Starts Next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

it doesn't look too bad on the satellite, it seems to be clear out in the Irish Sea.
    But I know this low cloud can bubble up out of nowhere in this kind of easterly set up. Hopefully it will burn off later.
    http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Does look to be clearing from the coast on the latest radar

/prepares mankini

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

June Bank Holiday weekend is looking interesting. High pressure slap bang right over us.

206319.jpg

Would be fantastic if it stays that way. Has been like that the past couple of runs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

June Bank Holiday weekend is looking interesting. High pressure slap bang right over us.

I mentioned that in another thread yesterday. The low that was evolving to give us some pain around that period has almost fizzled out. Yesterday mornings charts had it moving southwestwards and now its seemed to disappear completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Belmullet is already 24C at 11am.

Bearing this in mind I should think 27 or even 28C is possible ??

I wonder what's the highest May temp ever recorded in ireland ??
    Crazy stuff when you consider we've been under about 12C for 6 weeks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

28.4 is the higest May temperature recorded.

extreme01.gif

Thanks CG.
    I presume that was 1990, can we beat that today, will be close call

The bank holiday weekend is starting to look very nice indeed. Pity this wkd seems to dodge the best of it before it turns fine again on Tuesday

Enjoy what we get folks, it could be the best of the Summer!!

Thanks CG.
    I presume that was 1990, can we beat that today, will be close call

The bank holiday weekend is starting to look very nice indeed. Pity this wkd seems to dodge the best of it before it turns fine again on Tuesday

Enjoy what we get folks, it could be the best of the Summer!!

1997 actually :D on the 31st May. More details here. I reckon we'll see unofficial records break it in sheltered areas but officially I reckon 27 will be the peak today as long as the cloud breaks up nicely.

Currently 23.1 here btw

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Certainly looks like some station records will be broken at least. Currently 22C here in Cork and 82%RH, but completely overcast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Mist finally lifiting, about 17c, hazy sunshine (dalkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Unbelievable temperatures here too. Was 24.3 at 11.00am and 25.2 at noon.
    Looking towards the sea now a haze is developing. Not sure if that will affect the temperature.

NW Clare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

things in the East are far cooler than elsewhere, fog cleared only an hour ago, quite brezzy at times, sunny and 18C. Hopefully we'll hit 20C during the afternoon but seems like the warmest weather for us was earlier in the week.

Gonzo wrote: »
    things in the East are far cooler than elsewhere, fog cleared only an hour ago, quite brezzy at times, sunny and 18C. Hopefully we'll hit 20C during the afternoon but seems like the warmest weather for us was earlier in the week.

22 degrees in Kildare at the moment and rising !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Kildare is a good bit in from the coast so should be warmer, surprised the cooler sea breeze has made it in as far as I am. Still a very nice day tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Belmullet's back down to 23.9 at 1 pm.

25.2 at Mace Head, 25.1 at Shannon. Donegal, Sligo and Kerry Airports are reporting 25 C. Waterford Airport is 23 C.

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynop?lang=en&esc=2&nav=Yes&lat=55N&lon=005W&proy=orto&base=bluem&ano=2012&mes=5&day=25&hora=12&min=0&vte=Te

Gonzo wrote: »
    Kildare is a good bit in from the coast so should be warmer, surprised the cooler sea breeze has made it in as far as I am. Still a very nice day tho!

True, my brain forgot its geography there for a minute !!

22.5 now !

Im actually right on the coast in Dublin so nowhere near that warm !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

25.8 in Kilkenny at the moment, all time record is 26 for May (1989).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

206319.jpg

thanks a million for posting that, im getting married on bank holiday monday

Reached 23.7C here without any sunshine! The sun came out just 2 minutes so I imagine the temperature will climb even further now.

• Advertisement

206331.gif

12z Valentia Skew-T.
    CAPE of 399 already.

EDIT: Oops. Perhaps more suited to the thunderstorm thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Maybe these current readings everyone is giving should be in the other thread for Current Conditions but what the hey,for the record it was 24c in Eyre Sq a few mins ago:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Sweltering day here, 26.7C and still rising. Can't remember the last time we had a day this hot. Think it already beats last year's best effort

A few stations at 26C on the 2pm reports, an outside chance of an all time record on the cards :)

27C at Shannon Airport at half 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

it's 21-ish here on the waterford coast today but what's nice today is that the breeze (which can be stiff enough from time to time) actually feels warm.

First time in a long time I've felt a proper 'warm' breeze here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Some impressive dew point temps over the country on 2pm met reports. Highest value of 21.1c at Gurteen followed by Finner Camp's 18.2c.

Others (data from met.ie)
    206336.PNG

Warm hazy sunshine here in Galway with a bit of a breeze (mean 11 kts) :)

The record could go, will be a close one
    Next hour or so will decide all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

14:00 N25 Waterford Bypass No Recent Rainfall 49.7°C 23.8°C 2 Km/h
    Easterly

Get decent grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

mike65 wrote: »
    14:00 N25 Waterford Bypass No Recent Rainfall 49.7°C 23.8°C 2 Km/h
    Easterly

Get decent grip!

27 on the car clock in Westport at 15.00. Feels very humid too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max Temp Today 24.2c, Warm breeze from the East, Average 20km/h Gusting to 35km/h. Solar Index 10 or 965 w/m2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement